Arthur Murray Dance Studio

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Arthur Murray Dance Studio.

Interview Details – Fast, interviewed with manager, and started working almost immediately. Was able to negotiate working 4 days/week. Much of the early training is unpaid, but there is value in what you gain in dance and sales knowledge.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation room on pay, but was able to negotiate a 4 day work week.

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arthur Murray Dance Studio.

Interview Details – I responded to an ad on Craigslist, was called a few days later for an interview. There was a brief introduction & then everyone who showed up participated in a mock group class, very basic, just to make sure we could move around. After that there were brief one on one interviews with the manager, probably 5 minutes a piece, typical questions.

Interview Question – Could you see yourself doing this for awhile?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everyone is paid the same

Dance Instructor

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arthur Murray Dance Studio.

Interview Details – I called and got the interview they put me thru a trial period and then offered me the job. The interview was quite laid back. The main thing is having the right look. They want good energy and an outgoing personality.

Interview Question – I am not particular sure. It was quite a simple interview and came naturally because I come from a dance background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The owner came up to me asked what I was making at my other job and that he would match it. I told him and he did.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Arthur Murray Dance Studio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arthur Murray Dance Studio interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arthur Murray Dance Studio employees and interview candidates.