Aruba Networks Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Aug 13, 2015

3.2

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had three phone interviews which actually went well. I was called on-site. I was extended an offer. The HR recruiter was downright rude and very uninformed (also had no idea about the benefits structure, work life at Aruba) when I tried to explain that the offer is actually worse than my current package. When I asked a few basic questions (work life balance, opportunity for growth) to better understand the company, responses were curt, vague and unhelpful. Negotiation was a pain. I was told multiple times that money is not primary. I understand, but it is important and my efforts to try to make them understand that what they were offering me was not compelling by any means (and honestly, worse than my current package) went in vain. So here's the deal. If you're going in for an interview with this seemingly life-sucking group, a few words of wisdom: People are a company's prime resource. It is why when a company looks to bring on-board new employees, it has the absolute right to be choosy. Keep in mind – a job seeker, also, has the right to be picky. It is a two way street. Unfortunately, that is something, companies such as Aruba, forget. I noticed this very distinctly with many interviewers the day I interviewed, and also post the interview in my conversations with Aruba. Aruba, at least in the TME group, seems to be looking for pushovers. Not for me, thank you. Go, if you have no other options.

Interview Questions

• They LOVE LOVE LOVE asking the difference between 802.11n and ac (wave 1, 2) in detail. Almost everyone I spoke with asked me this. It's like they're obsessed with this.   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer-Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I got a email from HR for interview. I had first round of interview with Hiring manager. It was detailed interview testing Wireless concepts with some Modulation question. Interview lasted for 45 min. Then was short listed for next rounds of interviews. 2)Team member : General Discussion 3) Engineer -Engineering : Interview was related to networking concepts. 4) Director : Interview was mainly on networking concepts in detail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got a chance to negotiate but not much.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Looking back it went to fast. I should have suspected how desperate they were and taken my time to decide on accepting the offer

Interview Questions

• They were not able to respond to why they did not have more women in leadership positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little flexibility on their part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Testing domain knowledge, C programming and algorithms. Lot of C programs.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Four to five individual interviews within one day, around three to four hours. First it started with the basic understanding of the role and function then the collaboration aspect. Then the second talked about the product knowledge, product launch understanding, and cultural fit. The third explored more of personality trait, aspiration, and fulfillment. Fourth, exploring more of the underlying reason conducting such program/activities related to product marketing roles (what you did, Why you did it, and How you did it). The last covered the aspects of technical propensity - that you know the product/feature/technology landscape of what you are marketing. Overall- a well thought, smooth interview process. Very courteous and great individuals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the thought process and planning as well as the execution in the launching a product x or creating a positioning for a product/feature Y.   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

starts with phone interview for 30 mins, then on-site interview with 4-5 people, then final call. The interview process was overall good. both technical and personality to check if you fit in the team.

Interview Questions

• sometimes, you might be asked to explain in detail about every project that you had mentioned in your resume. so, prepare everything that is in the resume.   Answer Question

Principal Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Phone screening was done by the hiring manager who was very technical. He asked questions on technology and how things work to gauge the depth and suitability to bring me in for personal face to face interview. Almost entire team had a go at me. Starting with a lead senior engineer who was CCIE. The support team is really capable and very technical. One of the best I have seen in the industry in terms of experience and knowledge. Interview lasted about 4 - 5 hrs. Questions were based on networking technology and troubleshooting skills. In depth packet level debugs were asked. Everything on my resume was tested. Finally I made it through and worked with this team for about one and half year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate hard as salary and perks were attractive with RSU, stock options and salary all meting or exceeding industry standards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous with various questions on networking, Identity, security etc. The interview itself was pleasant and cordial. The interviewees were quite technical and had a good spread of market knowledge, technical prowess among them

Interview Questions

• Talk about Identity solutions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

One phone interview followed by two half days of on-site interviews. In total 7 rounds onsite

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Got a phone call from the recruiter. I had two phone screens after that. The phone screens were pretty easy. Asked me about my skills and projects. They sent a quiz to solve after that, which consisted of around 3 questions. Which was pretty straightforward too. A phone call from the VP followed that, and they agreed to fly me in. The onsite consisted of 4 interviews. The interviews were pretty straighforward. Usual coding questions, nothing too difficult. There was a design round, and a pair programming round.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. I was a bit stumped in the design round, but got it eventually.   Answer Question

I had another offer from another company, which I went ahead with.