Aruba Networks

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Director Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aruba Networks.

Interview Details – Looking back it went to fast. I should have suspected how desperate they were and taken my time to decide on accepting the offer

Interview Question – They were not able to respond to why they did not have more women in leadership positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little flexibility on their part.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aruba Networks in November 2013.

Interview Details – Testing domain knowledge, C programming and algorithms. Lot of C programs.

Interview Question – Programs on binary trees   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aruba Networks.

Interview Details – Four to five individual interviews within one day, around three to four hours. First it started with the basic understanding of the role and function then the collaboration aspect. Then the second talked about the product knowledge, product launch understanding, and cultural fit. The third explored more of personality trait, aspiration, and fulfillment. Fourth, exploring more of the underlying reason conducting such program/activities related to product marketing roles (what you did, Why you did it, and How you did it). The last covered the aspects of technical propensity - that you know the product/feature/technology landscape of what you are marketing.

Overall- a well thought, smooth interview process. Very courteous and great individuals.

Interview Question – Tell me the thought process and planning as well as the execution in the launching a product x or creating a positioning for a product/feature Y.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aruba Networks.

Interview Details – starts with phone interview for 30 mins, then on-site interview with 4-5 people, then final call. The interview process was overall good. both technical and personality to check if you fit in the team.

Interview Question – sometimes, you might be asked to explain in detail about every project that you had mentioned in your resume. so, prepare everything that is in the resume.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aruba Networks in January 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview followed by two half days of on-site interviews. In total 7 rounds onsite

Interview Question – Certain puzzles   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Principal Network Engineer Interview

Principal Network Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aruba Networks.

Interview Details – Phone screening was done by the hiring manager who was very technical. He asked questions on technology and how things work to gauge the depth and suitability to bring me in for personal face to face interview. Almost entire team had a go at me. Starting with a lead senior engineer who was CCIE. The support team is really capable and very technical. One of the best I have seen in the industry in terms of experience and knowledge. Interview lasted about 4 - 5 hrs. Questions were based on networking technology and troubleshooting skills. In depth packet level debugs were asked. Everything on my resume was tested. Finally I made it through and worked with this team for about one and half year.

Interview Question – troubleshooting OSPF issues   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate hard as salary and perks were attractive with RSU, stock options and salary all meting or exceeding industry standards.

Senior RF Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aruba Networks in September 2012.

Interview Details – 1) Telephonic Interview

Interview Question – Explain about an unknown product   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aruba Networks in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from the recruiter.

I had two phone screens after that. The phone screens were pretty easy. Asked me about my skills and projects.

They sent a quiz to solve after that, which consisted of around 3 questions. Which was pretty straightforward too. A phone call from the VP followed that, and they agreed to fly me in.

The onsite consisted of 4 interviews. The interviews were pretty straighforward. Usual coding questions, nothing too difficult. There was a design round, and a pair programming round.

Interview Question – Nothing really. I was a bit stumped in the design round, but got it eventually.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another offer from another company, which I went ahead with.

Vice President Customer Support Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aruba Networks in April 2012.

Interview Details – Had one interview with a headhunter. It was the most thorough headhunting process I have ever experienced, including face to face meeting and very long telephone discussion. I was very impressed. I did not meet with anybody from the company as they wanted a candidate with domain expertise, which I did not have.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aruba Networks in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth, quick decision and offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, but there is room for some.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Aruba Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aruba Networks interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aruba Networks employees and interview candidates.