Arup

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Arup

Interview Details – 25 minute phone interview. Just asked me about my projects, coursework I've taken, and any individual projects I've worked on. The interview was over the phone with three engineers. They took turns asking me questions .Wasn't terribly difficult.

Interview Question – Asked me to explain something technical in layman's terms.   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Graduate Civil Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arup.

Interview Details – Applied to a graduate weekend program to introduce the company to promising graduates. The program ended with a brief 15 minute interview with a professional in your field. Received a follow up panel interview the in the next few weeks; received an offer a 1.5 months later.

Interview Question – How would you describe a successful infrastructure project?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer

Interviewed at Arup

Interview Details – Applied this position on their website and got the interview opportunity last month. Two recruiters interviewed at the same time for about half an hour in a Friday afternoon. They only asked about four questions about the career goals, former experience, knowledge about Arup.

Interview Question – When I said I have done BIM before, they suddenly asked about my understanding to BIM. Didn't response very well.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Mechanical Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arup.

Interview Details – I applied online very early in the school year and heard back about two months later when it was still early in the hiring process. Initially it was difficult to find a mutual date since the engineers I would interview with were very busy at the time. After a week and a half, we found a mutual date. The interview was a week later and I got an offer a week later. The HR team was very helpful when I asked some logistical questions.

Interview Question – The questions were mostly based on previous work positions, extracurricular leadership, and coursework. Typical internship interview questions. The most tricky question was to explain a complex system of your choosing as if you were speaking to a relative and really break down the fundamentals of that system.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. Salary is probably based on projected cost of living around wherever the office is located.

Structural Engineer Interview

Structural Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Arup.

Interview Details – Applied through online process and received a call from the office for interview. They organized an Interview Day on a weekend for about 20 or more university students. It was shocking because there were choosing few interns from the group that consisted of mostly undergraduate (as young as 2nd year) and less graduate students. I thought that was very disrespectful from graduate students' perspective or they are at a great disadvantage. They only asked four same interview questions (not technical!) to the students.

Interview Question – If you were a project manager with a team of five and you had a project due soon, what would you do?   Answer Question

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Entry Level Structural Engineer

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – What experience with FEM do you have   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer

Interviewed at Arup

Interview Details – I've been contacted after applying for an open position posted on the company website; after 15 days I've been contacted in order to participate to a preliminary technical test.
The test was organized in two section: one related to the solution of structural analysis exercises, and the second one relate to the solution of a real case study.

Interview Question – The case study was particularly difficult because of the complexity of the structure in exam   Answer Question

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Graduate Structural Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arup.

Interview Details – Phone interview was first. Pretty basic, just asked stuff on your resume.

In person interview was decent. Not stressful at all. They ask you to make a presentation on a certain topic, such as the technical work you have done, and why you are a good fit for Arup. The engineers are really nice about it.

Interview Question – Not really difficult, it was laid back. Just be friendly with them.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Structural Engineering Intern Interview

Structural Engineering Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Arup.

Interview Details – Heard back through email after I submitted an electronic resume. Scheduled a phone interview at a mutually convenient time. Conversation was focused on specific coursework and lasted less than 15 minutes.

Interview Question – What type of dynamic simulations have you run using the finite element method?   View Answer

CAN Intern Interview

CAN Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arup in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online followed by a Phone Interview.

Worked for Arup? Contribute to the Community!