Arup

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Arup in October 2012.

After a phone screening, I was invited for an in-person interview with a senior engineer and an HR representative. We discussed my background and career objectives, as well as some academic projects I worked on. Some questions were very technical, thus I had to demonstrate both knowledge and analytical capabilities within a limited time frame.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three qualities that make you a strong candidate for this position.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arup in March 2012.

Only had one interview, and it was with 3 people (1 HR and 2 EEs). I had a great time, wasn't too intimidating, so I was able to keep my nerves under control.

As an intern you don't really negotiate. Have couple weeks to accept/decline the offer.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arup in January 2012.

Interview includes technical and general questions about the applicant's research and/or working background.

Interview Questions
    • Estimation of the average pressure on the foundation of a 12 storey building.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arup in May 2011.

Interviewed with leader of the group and one of the members of the group I would be working with. They asked me typical interview questions of why I chose to study engineering, why I wanted to work there, etc.

There was nothing technical. The most technical questions they asked were if I was familiar with certain types of software.

The whole interview took maybe about an hour. The people and work culture seemed relatively young - a lot of people under 30.

Interview Questions
    • What type of software relating to your field are you faimilar with?   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate (I did ask). All engineering interns are offered the same exact pay.

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arup in April 2011.

Submitted my application through our online campus recruiting system. 30 minute technical test followed by interview with engineer and HR rep. ME test was to calculate the cooling load of a small structure.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe this project to a non-technical person/audience?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with sustainable design?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arup in March 2011.

General Questions...

Interview Questions
    • asking about my research experiences   View Answer
    • asking about why I applied for NY not LA?   View Answer
    General Questions...

Sustainability Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arup in November 2010.

The initial info session wasn't very helpful, as it basically reiterated what was presented on the website. The initial interview consisted of two tests - a spatial reasoning test and a written test. It was followed with a group interview. The follow-up interview was one-on-one.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked in a group, and things did not go the way you wanted. What did you do?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Arup in January 2009.

Test regarding ability in desired area of employment as well as a visualization / intelligence test. The test was the most intimidating part, after that it was an enjoyable discussion with an engineer and an HR representative. Due to down economy it was several months before an in office interview with a principal and senior engineer. A presentation was required and a discussion followed. Again, the conversation was relaxed and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any specific questions that I remember being difficult, but the emphasis of the conversation seemed to be to see what level of thought I had given about how structural engineering impacts the other aspects of a project.   Answer Question