Arup

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Arup.

Interview Details – Applied through online process and received a call from the office for interview. They organized an Interview Day on a weekend for about 20 or more university students. It was shocking because there were choosing few interns from the group that consisted of mostly undergraduate (as young as 2nd year) and less graduate students. I thought that was very disrespectful from graduate students' perspective or they are at a great disadvantage. They only asked four same interview questions (not technical!) to the students.

Interview Question – If you were a project manager with a team of five and you had a project due soon, what would you do?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Arup in January 2009.

Interview Details – Test regarding ability in desired area of employment as well as a visualization / intelligence test. The test was the most intimidating part, after that it was an enjoyable discussion with an engineer and an HR representative. Due to down economy it was several months before an in office interview with a principal and senior engineer. A presentation was required and a discussion followed. Again, the conversation was relaxed and enjoyable.

Interview Question – There weren't any specific questions that I remember being difficult, but the emphasis of the conversation seemed to be to see what level of thought I had given about how structural engineering impacts the other aspects of a project.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Arup in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1. What structure would you show me?

2. Why do you want Arup?

3. What was your favorite class?

4. Time a group failed?

5. Biggest challenge as an engineer?

Interview Questions

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arup in April 2012.

Interview Details – After applied on line, I received a questionnaire. It includes general HR questions and a design question that asked me to design a skyscraper philosophically.

Interview Question – there's no difficult questions according to my memory   Answer Question

Worked for Arup? Contribute to the Community!