Arup Structural Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arup (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied through online process and received a call from the office for interview. They organized an Interview Day on a weekend for about 20 or more university students. It was shocking because there were choosing few interns from the group that consisted of mostly undergraduate (as young as 2nd year) and less graduate students. I thought that was very disrespectful from graduate students' perspective or they are at a great disadvantage. They only asked four same interview questions (not technical!) to the students.

Interview Questions

• If you were a project manager with a team of five and you had a project due soon, what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Arup

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arup (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

1. What structure would you show me? 2. Why do you want Arup? 3. What was your favorite class? 4. Time a group failed? 5. Biggest challenge as an engineer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Test regarding ability in desired area of employment as well as a visualization / intelligence test. The test was the most intimidating part, after that it was an enjoyable discussion with an engineer and an HR representative. Due to down economy it was several months before an in office interview with a principal and senior engineer. A presentation was required and a discussion followed. Again, the conversation was relaxed and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any specific questions that I remember being difficult, but the emphasis of the conversation seemed to be to see what level of thought I had given about how structural engineering impacts the other aspects of a project.   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arup (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2012.

Interview

Stuurde mijn CV naar het kantoor in Amsterdam en werd na 3 weken uitgenodigd voor een sollicitatiegesprek. Een vennoot, erg aardig, voerde dit gesprek met mij: het was helemaal niet technisch, maar alleen, denk ik, om mijn soft skills en in het algemeen mijn enthousiasme om daar te werken te beoordelen.

Sent my cv at the Amsterdam office, and after 3 weeks I was invited for an interview. An associate, quite nice, interviewd me: it was not technical at all, but only, I guess, to assess my soft skills and in general my enthusiasm to work there.

Interview Questions

• Er werden mij geen lastige vragen gesteld, de man was ontzettend aardig   I was asked no difficult questions, the guy was extremly nice   1 Answer

Negotiation

Er was geen fase van onderhandeling. Ik accepteerde het standaard stage 'salaris' (350€/maand)

There was not a negotiation phase. I accepted the basic internship 'salary' (350€/month)

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arup (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2012.

Interview

After applied on line, I received a questionnaire. It includes general HR questions and a design question that asked me to design a skyscraper philosophically.