Arvest Holdings

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arvest Holdings.

Arvest is big on group interviews but don't be frightened. Everyone is generally very friendly and personable. Just be yourself and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Generally there is not a set number of questions or a set list of questions that are asked for any type of position.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are generic but sometimes a curve ball will be thrown in there to see how creative you are or how quick you are able to think on the fly. Just collect your thoughts and answer to the best of your abilty of one of these types of questions are thrown your way. Most of the time there is no right or wrong answer to these types of questions.   Answer Question
    When I was hired I was told that there are no negotiations. I either accept the offer or decline it.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arvest Holdings in January 2014.

Detailed process consisting of three parts. Teller test, group interview, and one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • What stresses you out and how do you handle the situation.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate. I was not happy with the starting pay as it was considerably lower than expected. There was not a margin of negotiation available due to the starting pay being a standard set value.

Commercial Loan Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arvest Holdings in February 2009.

Apply online. Meet with several managers, but supervisor located in a different City. There was no budging on their part on initial salary which was much lower than similar salary positions in the area, and once hired it is almost impossible to obtain a decent raise. You watch people be hired in above you and others that would better qualify for better positions. And then someone no one would expect to be promoted from within will be.

Interview Questions
    • They used standard interview guideline questions, some of them seemed hokey, but I really don't remember what they were.   Answer Question
    I have always been able to negotiate more money in an interview until this company. They were not budging. And I made the mistake of believing I could show them my value and receive compensation later. Not happening.

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arvest Holdings in August 2007.

They sit you down to take a personality test, once you're done with that you take a "preview" of teller scenarios. One you're done with that you sit down with at least three managers either solo or as part of a group to interview for the job. The people are nice and friendly, but always remember you are applying for a job at a bank. The more clean cut, "awe shucks" you appear to be, the better.

Interview Questions
    • If I could be any tree what tree what would I be and why?   Answer Question
    HR already has a set wage to offer, when they're asking if you want the job. I'm guessing it's based on your previous salary.