Arvest Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

Arvest Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arvest Holdings.

I applied. About 2 weeks later they called me in. I had to take a personality/preference test to see if I would fit in with their view...typical questions about how you would handle customers in this or that situation. Then a test asking your preferences...like would you rather work with customers or behind the scenes. They want to make sure honey always get a good fit because they put a lot of training into new hires. I passed that. Then a couple days later hereby called for the interview. It is typical for them to do a group panel interview but thankfully I did not. It was just me and the supervisors of that branch. They were very kind and considerate. About a week after that they called and asked me to come in for a second interview.I had just moved to that town and I only had one dressy outfit that I wore to the interview and I told them I could come in but I would not be business dressed and they said it was fine and they offered me job. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell this Mexican Hat pen to the manager. She handed me the pen and told me to sell it to her.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arvest Holdings in January 2011.

You always apply online. Generally get a response within one week. scheduled to interview that same week. you are interviewed with a branch manager and another manager or supervisor in the room, one talks and one writes. It's conversational mostly, but when they get to the required questions it drags and gets uncomfortable because no normal person phrases questions like that or ever even asks you questions similar to them in nature. Certain branch managers have oddball and none-standard requirements, so be prepared for EVERYTHING.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't realize it was important to some people to watch the news, but that really seem to put the branch manager off when I said that I don't watch the news.   Answer Question
    Firstly, The initial time I applied I got turned down, the second time I got the job (but at a different location) - getting turned down doesn't kill your chances of getting hired!

Secondly, when they offer - if you feel you're worth more then ask for it. no harm in trying to milk it for another $1000/yr

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Arvest Holdings in January 2014.

Nice fair interview the interviewers made you feel at ease but asked fair questions. There was only one interview and the employees were easy to talk to. They also might have a little conversation with you on a more personal level to see if you would fit in. Don't be shy or you will not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were emailed with people asking why their queries are timing out or blocked?   Answer Question
    If you have more experience ask for a little more than the offer if you feel you did well.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Arvest Holdings in January 2014.

Detailed process consisting of three parts. Teller test, group interview, and one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • What stresses you out and how do you handle the situation.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate. I was not happy with the starting pay as it was considerably lower than expected. There was not a margin of negotiation available due to the starting pay being a standard set value.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Arvest Holdings.

Arvest is big on group interviews but don't be frightened. Everyone is generally very friendly and personable. Just be yourself and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Generally there is not a set number of questions or a set list of questions that are asked for any type of position.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are generic but sometimes a curve ball will be thrown in there to see how creative you are or how quick you are able to think on the fly. Just collect your thoughts and answer to the best of your abilty of one of these types of questions are thrown your way. Most of the time there is no right or wrong answer to these types of questions.   Answer Question
    When I was hired I was told that there are no negotiations. I either accept the offer or decline it.

Small Business Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arvest Holdings in July 2013.

Had ducks in order, phone interview followed by face to face with business manager and branch manager. when we were wrapping it up she came up with another question. Seems like they were trying to fail you. Talking turns,must have answered 10 behaviors. They still probably don't know who I am.

Interview Questions
    • TOUGHEST : Tell me of a time you went into an event for the first time with a group of strangers and what you did   Answer Question

Commercial Loan Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arvest Holdings in February 2009.

Apply online. Meet with several managers, but supervisor located in a different City. There was no budging on their part on initial salary which was much lower than similar salary positions in the area, and once hired it is almost impossible to obtain a decent raise. You watch people be hired in above you and others that would better qualify for better positions. And then someone no one would expect to be promoted from within will be.

Interview Questions
    • They used standard interview guideline questions, some of them seemed hokey, but I really don't remember what they were.   Answer Question
    I have always been able to negotiate more money in an interview until this company. They were not budging. And I made the mistake of believing I could show them my value and receive compensation later. Not happening.

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Arvest Holdings in August 2007.

They sit you down to take a personality test, once you're done with that you take a "preview" of teller scenarios. One you're done with that you sit down with at least three managers either solo or as part of a group to interview for the job. The people are nice and friendly, but always remember you are applying for a job at a bank. The more clean cut, "awe shucks" you appear to be, the better.

Interview Questions
    • If I could be any tree what tree what would I be and why?   Answer Question
    HR already has a set wage to offer, when they're asking if you want the job. I'm guessing it's based on your previous salary.

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arvest Holdings.

Applied several times; one time was sent to a branch to interview and was told on arrival that they had already hired someone from inside the branch to take the position. Called the human resource department and they claimed not to know about the hiring. How is that possible? Ended up applying about six times before getting an interview.

Pay was too low.

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arvest Holdings in October 2009.

I would rather not

Interview Questions

Worked for Arvest Holdings? Contribute to the Community!