Arvest Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arvest Holdings (Springdale, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

I went through two group interview. The first involved 3 other candidates and we were interviewed by the two different branch managers. The first interview was pretty easy and had about 10 basic interview questions. The second interview was a little more intimidating and I was in the room with two other candidates. Some of the questions were similar, but for the most parts they were different questions. This interview was with the assistant branch manager (who is in charge of the tellers).

Interview Questions

• If hired at Arvest what is one thing you won't do?
      What is something you don't like to do at work?
      What is something you enjoy doing at work?
      Name three things you consider when accepting a job interview.

Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arvest Holdings.

Interview

Group interview, but they did not mention that upfront. No one-on-one interview. Interviewed for part-time position, which I was most interested in. They asked if we "would possibly be interested" in a full-time position and I said yes (why would I say no except to hold myself back from future opportunities?). They claim this was the reason I did not get an offer. In reality, I was overqualified, and the manager couldn't even think of any interview feedback to give me. I'm glad I didn't get the job because it would be difficult for me to have a boss that cannot be upfront and honest with me.

Credit Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arvest Holdings.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. Not my first time interviewing for Arvest. Basic questions asked. This bank needs to recognize talent outside the bank and hire folks that have a passion for wanting to work for the bank and further grow in the banking industry.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with someone that you did not get along with?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arvest Holdings.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Departments Supervisor and the Lead. I was asked scripted interview questions like What are your best attributes? What would I do in a situation whereby a customer is angry and begins to make outrages demands? etc, etc.

Arvest Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arvest Holdings.

Interview

I applied. About 2 weeks later they called me in. I had to take a personality/preference test to see if I would fit in with their view...typical questions about how you would handle customers in this or that situation. Then a test asking your preferences...like would you rather work with customers or behind the scenes. They want to make sure honey always get a good fit because they put a lot of training into new hires. I passed that. Then a couple days later hereby called for the interview. It is typical for them to do a group panel interview but thankfully I did not. It was just me and the supervisors of that branch. They were very kind and considerate. About a week after that they called and asked me to come in for a second interview.I had just moved to that town and I only had one dressy outfit that I wore to the interview and I told them I could come in but I would not be business dressed and they said it was fine and they offered me job. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sell this Mexican Hat pen to the manager. She handed me the pen and told me to sell it to her.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arvest Holdings (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

Arvest is big on group interviews but don't be frightened. Everyone is generally very friendly and personable. Just be yourself and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Generally there is not a set number of questions or a set list of questions that are asked for any type of position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are generic but sometimes a curve ball will be thrown in there to see how creative you are or how quick you are able to think on the fly. Just collect your thoughts and answer to the best of your abilty of one of these types of questions are thrown your way. Most of the time there is no right or wrong answer to these types of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When I was hired I was told that there are no negotiations. I either accept the offer or decline it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arvest Holdings (Little Rock, AR) in January 2014.

Interview

Detailed process consisting of three parts. Teller test, group interview, and one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What stresses you out and how do you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I was not happy with the starting pay as it was considerably lower than expected. There was not a margin of negotiation available due to the starting pay being a standard set value.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Arvest Holdings (Lowell, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Nice fair interview the interviewers made you feel at ease but asked fair questions. There was only one interview and the employees were easy to talk to. They also might have a little conversation with you on a more personal level to see if you would fit in. Don't be shy or you will not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were emailed with people asking why their queries are timing out or blocked?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have more experience ask for a little more than the offer if you feel you did well.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arvest Holdings in July 2013.

Interview

Had ducks in order, phone interview followed by face to face with business manager and branch manager. when we were wrapping it up she came up with another question. Seems like they were trying to fail you. Talking turns,must have answered 10 behaviors. They still probably don't know who I am.

Interview Questions

• TOUGHEST : Tell me of a time you went into an event for the first time with a group of strangers and what you did   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arvest Holdings (Norman, OK) in September 2012.

Interview

Pre screen phone interview from HR, than interview with hiring manager. Normal questions on experience you have, rate of pay expected to receive. Precious situation experiences. Called approximately 1-2 weeks after interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations