Asbury Automotive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.2

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Once submitting an application I was given a call by a Nalley recruiter. The recruiter asked questions about why the choice to apply and what were my previous experiences with sales.

Next step: complete PI Assessment from online link

Next step: In person interview

Next step: Background and Drug Test

Next step: if you pass they make an offer

Automotive Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Asbury Automotive.

Interview

Step 1 sign up on their website and submit resume- Step 2 a call from the recruiter who set up an online personality assessment- Step 3 a phone interview- step 4 a 3 part on site interview with the Sales, F & I and finally the Used car manager...there was one interview per each Manager.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

The interview process was fair and timely. I met with several managers in one interview and had a follow up phone interview. I was questioned about background and driving record. The interview consisted os many leadership questions as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you will fit into the culture at our dealership?   Answer Question

Negotiation

the company was very fair and actually offered more than I expected.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Asbury Automotive (Greenville, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

I actually had almost completely decided on a different job when I came across the listing for the MIT program on my school's job board. I applied on a whim because of the interesting range of responsibilities in the program, took the PI survey, and was contacted by the region's executive recruiter (Adam Cantrell) the next morning. Adam was extremely knowledgable and friendly, and set up an interview for the next day. After going to that interview, Adam introduced me to a number of General Managers in the local area, with whom I was also able to interview. After a second round of interviews with the General Managers, Adam advised me that should I want the job, I would have to pick which General Manager/dealership that I thought I'd mesh the best with. Everyone I had met was excellent, but the dealership and GM I chose really seemed like the perfect fit for me. With the GM's approval, I was offered the job, and ended up accepting. Overall, this was an extremely informative and equitable process that really gave me a full view of the job responsibilities and the industry, and also allowed me a ton of input into the process!

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were "difficult" or unexpected in particular - the process was more about getting to know the GMs, Adam, and finding an equitable best fit within the organization.   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Asbury Automotive (Duluth, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview took about 30 minutes. They ask about your experience and jobs you've previously worked at. They will ask you about your affiliation to social media, your writing skills, and your ability to come up with original content. They do prefer that you have a background in media, writing, English, or Marketing. A love for social media is also a huge plus as well as having a background of working in the automotive industry. You will also be asked about your ability to handle customer complaints.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate the success of your posts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will not leave much room for negotiation on the salary. They already have an approved amount and you pretty much have to take it.

Porter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Asbury Automotive (Brandon, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

New Dealership opening up, was in the hiring process, and were taking applications online and setting interviews. Initially went to interview for sales position, but knew that their were other openings available, if I was not in consideration for a sales job. Was then offered a position as a porter.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer, and what did you do to help the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Asbury Automotive (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I sat down with most of the sales managers on that day. About a 3 hour process (Typical) Very friendly and answered any Questions I had. The problem was that the answers I received turned out to be a sales pitch filled with lies. The Interview was great. Unfortunately the information I was told about the money that would be made and the overall experience working for this particular dealership was the worst i've had in my long career in the auto industry.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for this company.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Asbury Automotive.

Interview

Easy interview process had only two interviews. very laid back. they ask you to do a sales demo.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Asbury Automotive (Jackson, MS) in January 2014.

Interview

pretty much a joke. I was hired before i got there and the interview was more of less just to say one happened. There really isnt much else to say so I am typing this part for that fifty word minimum.

Interview Questions

• how many units I sold at previous stores.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Asbury Automotive (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Talked with GM and listened to him talk about how great he was.