Ascendant Technology

Ascendant Technology Interview Questions

3.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ascendant Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ascendant Technology in January 2014.

first round (in our college) was online test with 90 questions (90 mins )
    consisting of java, IQ, HTML, CSS, OOP, Basic computer knowledge, and GK abt latest Technologies..

Second round (in their office) : technical interview 1 : they will test your programming skills by asking yout write some algorithms and few questions..

Third round (in their office) : technical interview 2 : they will ask you about your projects in depth.. they will dig it to the core and give you various situations and ask how would you handle that problem technically.

attend only if you are good in JAVA...

if you clear the above rounds then you are an employee of theirs.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me various unexpected questions with my project lik giving me the worst case scenarios of the program   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

My interview process took place in January 2014.

There were totally three rounds.

First Round:
    Totally 90 questions - 90 mins. 80 questions were technical and 10 were aptitude. Aptitude section was quite easy. Technical questions included Java, CSS, JS, current technologies.
    360 participated 22 were selected for the technical round at the company.

Second Round:
    Here, they primarily check how good you are in your area of interest, Java and J2EE. You will also be given a couple of logical question to solve. They asked me to sort students based on name and then by age. I used Comparator class along with Treeset to perform the sorting.
    Other than that be strong in J2EE topics.

Third Round:
    Here they go deep into your projects. Again one or two logical questions were asked. They might ask you to validate email, telephone number, or find duplicates in a string of strings.They gave particular emphasis to J2EE.

Interview Questions
    • Try to be good at the basics of JAVA and J2EE.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ascendant Technology in October 2013.

3 Rounds for us, 1st round - Online Technical Apps/Aptitude (mostly Java, Advanced Java, Servlets), 2nd Round - Technical Interview - Some basics and programming about Core-Java, 3rd Round - Technical Discussion (Team of HR questions lasts fr 45 minutes in my case, only advanced java questions, scenarios & MFC)

Interview Questions
    • Spring & Hibernate, j2ee and other advanced java questions   Answer Question
    Best reviewed company and good environment to work, early call letter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ascendant Technology in September 2013.

First round-Technical aptitude:

online aptitude.
    60 questions 90 minutes.
    No negative marking.

This round consisted of 60 questions of which 10 questions were focused on quantitative aptitude questions which were easy,and 2 to 3 verbal questions,2-3 logical questions,2 questions from OS,3-4 questions from DBMS,4 to 5 questions from CSS,4 to 5 questions from basic JAVA,4 to 5 questions from J2EE,3-4 questions from C,4-5 questions from c++,and a few questions from WEB TECHNOLOGY as well.so overall there were questions from all kinds.

Second round-Technical HR-1 :

Though it was a technical HR at first they asked me to introduce which i did as long as i could then they went through my resume and what language your proficient in and i told them C and i told them i am not strong in java comfortable with the basics alone.they asked me to get name,email and other details separated from a file which contains all details.i did it with C and explained.
                                  Then he asked me what you know about JAVA and i explained them the basic concepts of java with some practical examples and it was all for in this round.

Third round-Technical HR-2 :
                                  Once again introduce yourself and after that questions were from Data Structures and a series of questions from basic data structures with practical implementation of them as my area of interest is DS,first question was balancing a tree by both HEIGHT and WEIGHT for which i was asked to code and my second question was HUFFMAN CODING and that was all for this round for me.

They were looking for the right kind of attitude and they would expect you to open up and talk much about yourself and they would also be keen to see whether you are really strong in your area of interest and well basic concepts of JAVA that's a must as their work is purely on J2EE.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjāvūr (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjāvūr (India)

There has been 3 rounds and all the three are technical rounds only. First a written test took place and 22 people are shortlisted from 250 people who appeared. There has been a one on one direct interview and 9 people are shortlisted. There were questions particularly on java, jsp, servlets, php and all web technologies. There has been a second technical round for 9 people by 2 member panel and questions were on java this time. I was asked to write few code.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing.But say write a code for finding the duplicate word in a string   View Answer