Ascendas Pte Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

3.2

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Ascendas Pte in August 2014.

I was invited for a job interview for a Senior Manager position at Ascendas. I found the interviewer discriminatory and unprofessional.

His line of questioning was aggressive to begin with, but I accepted it in the interview spirit. However, he shocked me by asking if I had any intention to have kids and if so, over what time-frame. When I asked him how this was relevant to judging my suitability for the role, he said that based on his experience managing women, he found that productivity declined when women decided to have kids or became mothers. In response to that, I asked the interviewer if he had kids and his response was “of course.”

I personally believe that both work and family are important and I’m sure my response, while idealistic according to the interviewer, would eliminate me from being considered for this role. I am appalled that a company which touts itself as being family-friendly can be so discriminatory and unfair towards women.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ascendas Pte.

The hiring process is relatively straightforward. The HR personnel was professional and friendly. Arranged for two appointments with the two direct supervisors. The whole process was done within 1 month from the day of application, to the day of offer.

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ascendas Pte.

They use a headhunter for more senior positions. HR will then screen the resumes, then preselects for the hiring manager to interview you. Sometimes, the functional head will also interview, but the overall hiring decision is by the hiring manager.

You'll need to negotiate hard at the beginning for your package, as they'll try to pay as little as possible!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really very difficult. Fairly standard and friendly.   Answer Question
    The hardest was the salary. Strangely, they will try and offer as little as possible, so the first offer was 20% below my then, current pay! After rejecting them 2-3 times, they finally came back with a much more reasonable offer.

Marketing Communications Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ascendas Pte in September 2011.

First they contacted through job consultant and fixed telephonic interview. Called one to one interview within 2 days . called again for 2nd round of interview wih management.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ascendas Pte in October 2010.

experience candidates will be short listed and after 3-4 rounds of interview and if short listed will be called for joining.

Interview Questions
    • Expectation from the Company/Managment   View Answer
    Easy one