Ascendum Solutions
www.ascendum.com Cincinnati, OH 150 to 499 Employees

Ascendum Solutions Instructional Systems Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Instructional Systems Developer Interview

Instructional Systems Developer
Blue Ash, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ascendum Solutions in September 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me based on locating my resume, for an "urgent-fill" position with Kroger. It took forever to set up the interview because the hiring manager (also an Ascendum employee, not Kroger) was fairly new (around 2 years experience) and was overwhelmed with her duties because she lacked serious time management skills; one of Ascendum's Competency/Skills requirements. She was an ex-Reynolds & Reynolds employee and that most of her current employees now with her at Kroger, also worked with her at R & R. After several interview cancellations and attempts to reschedule based only on her convenience, I finally stated that the timing may not be right just now, then all of a sudden she finally agreed to stay and meet with me. The interview when great and at the end we both agreed that I would be a great fit and that she would call the recruiter the next day to finalize the details - there was no doubt that I got the job. I called the recruiter to tell him how the interview went and that we both agreed that I got the job. He said that he would call me the next day after talking with the hiring manager to finalize the details. When he finally called me, the bad news was that, even after having only positive feedback about me from the interview, she decided that I wouldn't be a good fit for her team after all. So, my advice is to pass these jokers up. They are unprofessional, at best, and the hiring manager will deceive you, lie to you and then blind side you. She is not the right person for the position. She lacks the skill and experience to be a manager. And no matter how good your experience is, it all comes down to one thing... her agenda. Unless you worked with her at Reynold and Reynolds. If Ascendum calls you, hang up on the bums.

Interview Questions

• Describe the largest ISD project that you had to work on.   View Answer
  • Describe how you are involved in training at your current employer.   View Answer
  • 1) Is there anything your current employer could offer you to make you change your mind about taking this job and staying with them.

2) You've only worked with your current contractor for a year and a half. How do I know you won't quit this contract after 6 months; because i don't want to waste my time with that?
      View Answer
  • 3) I asked the interviewer: "What will be the first important task that you would need the person you are planning on hiring to accomplish?"

4) I asked the interviewer: how do you see this role supporting you in this project.
      View Answer

Negotiation Details – Lax, dishonest, unprofessional, filled with shortcomings. Until you're actually sitting at a desk working on the project... don't trust them when they say you got the job. The hiring manager is a liar with a hidden agenda.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ascendum Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ascendum Solutions Instructional Systems Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Ascendum Solutions employees and interview candidates.