Ascension Health

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ascension Health.

Interview Details – Participated in an Excel assessment and a business case. The Excel test was a little more challenging than I expected. I thought I was more prepared than I actually was. The business case was fairly simple and they wanted to get to know how you worked through problems. There is technically no right answer, you just need to be able to reasonably explain your answer and why you feel that is the better of the options.

Interview Question – The excel test   Answer Question

Contract Champion Interview

Contract Champion

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ascension Health in September 2013.

Interview Details – Took about two months to conduct 3 phone calls with a total of 4 people. Each interview was an hour long. Was asked to describe myself/walk through resume each time. Was asked basic behavioral/situational interview questions. The interviews felt like they went great, but unfortunately found out they didn't get the budget they were looking for and thus they were hiring for less positions.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume and explain why you'd be a great fit in the role, even though the role had not been posted and I had not received a job description at that point - just a general/brief description through the referral and the hiring manager I was on the phone with.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Ascension Health.

Interview Details – Received feedback promptly. Initial phone interview with HR, two subsequent phone interviews with Director and VP. Meeting at St. Louis. Decision done in two weeks. Very efficient

Interview Question – Details of previous cases regarding difficult situations, technical and operational.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary offered was within my expectations

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Ascension Health

Interview Details – Very smooth, fast, and decisive. Wanted to know about ability to time manage, priortize, and work individually.

Interview Question – Demonstrate an interaction with a call for support on the system.   Answer Question

Data Support Interview

Data Support
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ascension Health in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process was done online. There were two phone interviews and one face-to-face interview. Then a call back. Received a call back in about two weeks.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions that I can think of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ascension Health.

Interview Details – phone interview, followed by in person

Interview Question – how do I effectively manage myself.....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotian, they offered me the maximum that I listed and I see why now, that the company is completely misleading

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ascension Health in August 2013.

Interview Details – Went through quite a process. First was a phone interview. Then there was a follow-up phone interview. Then there was an online live skills assessment complete with MS Excel testing and a case study presentation over the phone. Then there was the first in town in-person face-to-face interview. Then I was flown to company headquarters in St Louis to interview with many of the department heads and to see the operation. After a couple weeks, I had another phone interview with the boss of the VP I interviewed with the first time, who was no longer with the organization. Finally, there was a phone interview with the CEO of the company. Then I received an offer from another company, and when I alerted Ascension Health, they made a counter offer.

Interview Question – They are an extrememly dynamic people organization. You must be prepared to explain every aspect of your professional life. You will meet with so many different people who all have their own thing they are looking for.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I received another job offer which I accepted.

Supply Chain Analyst I Interview

Supply Chain Analyst I
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ascension Health.

Interview Details – Very prompt and professional behavior by the HR staff. Contact was great all the way through. Initial interview setup quickly

Interview Question – Two part entry level interview containing a business case assessment and excel assessment   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ascension Health in February 2013.

Interview Details – I first talked to a few Ascension employees at my university's career fair, one of whom was a recent graduate from my degree program and was scheduled for an interview with him the following day. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and covered pretty basic stuff, no trick questions or anything. Afterwards, I was told I did well enough to be given a 30 minute case study that would determine if I would go to the next step in the interview process. The case study was based on a fictional telecommunications company and was a little tricky but not too difficult by any means.

A couple days later I received an email asking me to take an Excel assessment. Ascension sent me some material to study over covering the different Excel functions that I'd be using and scheduled me to take the assessment the following week. I was given 30-40 minutes in order to take the assessment and it appeared much more difficult than I expected at first. However, after looking it over a couple times I started working on it and was able to complete most of it pretty sufficiently. I wasn't sure if I'd be invited to the next round since I didn't complete it entirely but was flown to St. Louis a couple weeks later in order to interview at their main site.

Everyone at the facility was super nice, although I don't really think the HR lady was the sharpest tool in the shed. I first had an interview with 2 people, the national manager and a guy on the contract design team. This interview was a little tougher than my initial interview and I felt there were a couple instances where my answers weren't good enough, but felt overall it went pretty well. My next interview was with a guy on the implementation team and I really felt like I nailed it. Afterwards I went out to an informal lunch with 2 women who worked as financial analysts for Ascension which was quite nice. Afterwards I talked with the manager a little bit again and let her know that I had a great time and she told me that I would hear back from them within the next couple weeks. I felt very good about my prospects and was optimistic that I would get the job.

That was the last I ever heard from them. I sent my thank you notes immediately and a couple follow up emails a few weeks later but never received a response from anybody. I consider this pretty unprofessional but this seems to be the norm nowadays for companies after interviews. Regardless it was definitely a blessing in disguise as I received a much better offer a couple months later that is more suited to my interests. If anything else the Ascension interview process provided me with good experience and I had a good time during my visit.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had difficulties working with a member of a team you were involved in?   View Answer

Spot Buyer I Interview

Spot Buyer I
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ascension Health in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was great! Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable. one on one interview with the person who was hiring me and who would be my supervisor. Very easy going.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating. Ascension Health has pay ranges so negotiating isn't really the thing to do; especially with an entry level job

Worked for Ascension Health? Contribute to the Community!