Ascensus Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

Retirement Plan Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus (Dresher, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Screened via the phone with HR representative internal to the company, brought in for interview with the team on-site. Met with several members of the team and asked questions about skills and interests as well was given a very extensive overview of the position and the responsibilities you would be asked to perform.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus (Dresher, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted the recruited by Linkedin and received a call back within a day. The initial recruiter was great. Easy to talk to and had a great conversation. A week later I had a conversation with the head of HR. This interview was very impersonal with many "behavioral" questions. Very little discussion about me personally and what I can bring to the position. I felt as though the boxes were merely being checked. Third interview was with the VP I would be reporting to. This interview was ok, but again very impersonal.

Human Resources Opening Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus.

Interview

I had three phone interviews prior to being invited in for an in person interview. I spent the entire morning interviewing with five people. I was told during the interview that I would be invited back to meet with one more person and could expect information over the next week. When I did not hear back, I followed up and was told that I should expect to hear something shortly. I never heard anything further regarding the position, not even a thank you but the position has been filled. Professionally, I would not tell someone about the next steps in the process if I had doubts that the person would continue in the process. I would expect after spending close to five hours in the interview process, that you would provide an update to the candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ascensus (Dresher, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to setup a 30-45 minute phone interview a few days later. The job description lists "Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience" as a requirement. I think that this is a bit misleading for college graduates because during the interview I found out that this is a customer service representative position.

Interview Questions

• The salary (which is in the high 30's) was addressed within the first 5 minutes of the interview. I expected to hear more about the position before discussing the salary.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ascensus.

Interview

Phone interview first followed by an in person interview with a manager. I was called back for another interview with two other managers.

Anonymous Employee in Brainerd, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus (Brainerd, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

It was pretty easy, two phone interviews and one in person interview. They don't ask any out of the box questions, very predictable. The first phone interview was with an HR Representative and the second was with two of the department supervisors. The last one they pulled in a director of the department and another supervisor - the last one lasted about 10 minutes. It was all fairly simple.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus.

Interview

On Campus Interview. Behavioral Questions

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of where you had to deal with a difficult client or customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation