Ashford University

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Poway, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Ashford University.

Interview Details – I don't remember much about the interview except that I was interviewed by a random manager. He hired me and passed me back to the recruiter to tell me about starting. I had applied twice online with no response. It wasn't until I met a recruiter at a Job Fair that I finally was called for an interview.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult questions. I was primarily asked about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. For me it was a $10,000 increase from my previous employer.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ashford University in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Phone interview then an interview with the in house recruiter.

Interview Question – What is your opinion on education   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is not an option to negotiate.

San Diego, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ashford University in January 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview is a short phone interview and then you move on to a personal interview.
They want to know your sales background and how you would overcome objections. They present a hypothetical situation where a student objects to going to school and you are supposed to overcome their objection.
The entire process went fairly quickly and in less than a week I was able to start working.

Interview Question – Was there ever a time when you did not meet sales goals/ quotas and what did you do?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ashford University in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. Then asked to come in and participate in group interview with 10 other candidates. Then did 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager. Was recommended for sales by matriculation manager, and scheduled another interview with two enrollment managers. Once hired, participated in two week training seminar with 30 new hires. After first two months, only half remained because they were not hitting their enrollment goals or because they quit. Extremely high turnover rate. Would make 100-250 phone calls daily.

Interview Question – I'm a single mom with two kids and a full- time job, so I don't have time for school. How do you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ashford University in August 2011.

Interview Details – The first two phone calls were simply to sell me on the position and the quick start date of September 6th. Everyone was nice and very professional, but it seemed like they were all reading from a script. I am not sure why I did not get offered a position maybe I was too arrogant with some of my answers, because after reading these reviews it seemed like a shoe-in. I did ask the interviewer a few tough questions at the end so I may have hurt my chances there. Seems like they only review employees performance annualy as opposed to semi-annualy due to the Senat hearings. Seems like it would be a good place to work, but you would be subject to intense micro-management.

Interview Question – Do you have a problem making a lot of phoen calls?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ashford University in November 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly simple interview process. Standard questions (customer service/sales based). Looking for people with sales or customer service experience. Interviewed. Received an offer via email. Had 24 hours to complete paperwork.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had a conflict in the work place?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ashford University in January 2010.

Interview Details – It for me was a difficult interview. They were mainly concerned with sales experience, skills, and past results. They were also concerned with this job being a lifetime choice. They wanted you to have memorized information in regards to ashford and bridgepoint education. I needed to express that I had a passion for helping students.

Interview Questions

• What are specific examples in your past of dealing with a difficult customer   View Answer
  • What are bridgepoint and Ashfords values and how do you fit into them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a salary and I did not negotiate. I just accepted it.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ashford University in November 2009.

Interview Details – It was fairly quick. I was contacted and interviewed mostly about education and what I thought about education. After that I came in for a face to face interview where we discussed my experience and how i felt about working on the phones and calling people and having phone relationships for a living. Additionally, I was asked to watch someone work for 1 hour.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you did something dishonorable.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was not interested in working on the phones

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ashford University in May 2009.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was with a recruiter. Then I went and interviewed one on one with someone from HR. She was very robotic and was reading questions off of a list. I had a cold and felt like crap so I probably didn't come off that great but it didn't matter because they offered me the position. They will hire just about anyone - if you work here you will soon see that.

Interview Question – what's your best quality - how would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation - they start everyone at the same salary regardless of experience.

Worked for Ashford University? Contribute to the Community!