Ashford University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014

2.6

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ashford University in July 2013.

They have phone interviews, Videos to watch to see if you can handle the grind of what they want you to do, then you go to a in person interview on site.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a dificult/ angry person in the past work environment?   Answer Question
    Not aplicable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ashford University.

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who sounded very rushed and busy. I then had a face-to-face interview at their corporate headquarters at Evening Creek. The building was very nice, but the girl at the reception area seemed overworked. 1-on-1 interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't the hardest, but were geared around my ability to recruit new students and what my motives were for getting the job. The recruiter was very nice and knew her job well. She actually worked her way up into that position.   View Answer
    No real negotiation, but they relied heavily on how much sales experience/recruiting experience you have. You may be able to push for more if you're a rock star sales person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ashford University in September 2013.

Phone, Internet test, and face-to-face. They first do a phone interview, then if they like you, you have to pass a web-based role play test. Then in the face-to-face interview, they ask behavioral questions and then there is a role play exercise in which you want to use open-ended questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time in your life when you had to persevere.   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate salary.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ashford University.

I don't remember much about the interview except that I was interviewed by a random manager. He hired me and passed me back to the recruiter to tell me about starting. I had applied twice online with no response. It wasn't until I met a recruiter at a Job Fair that I finally was called for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult questions. I was primarily asked about my previous experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. For me it was a $10,000 increase from my previous employer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ashford University in July 2011.

It was a one on one interview. While I was working there they changed the interview process. Last I knew it was still a one on one interview, but they make you pretend to get on a phone call with a potential student and ask how you would go about enrolling them.

Interview Questions
    • What are some major benchmarks you have achieved so far?   Answer Question
    They sent you an email with an offer and asked you to accept or decline within 24hrs

Admissions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ashford University in February 2014.

Applied online for one position. A recruiter called to recommend a different position and ask if I was interested. I appreciated that the recruiter was open to matching my experience more closely with another and higher position than I originally applied for. One-on-one interview was unfocused. Associate Director seemed uninterested in me and in a rush. Seemed arrogant and distracted.

Interview Questions
    • The Associate Director started by saying we were short on time and to make my answers brief. This made answering very difficult as I felt I needed to keep it short rather than provide context and details. He just used a checklist and asked no follow up questions.   Answer Question

Financial Services Manager Interview

Interview process was more like a conversation rather than a structured interview. Good questions were asked to see if you were a fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you had to work with a difficult customer? How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Associate Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Ashford University in November 2010.

Very simple phone interview. I was actually in a noisy hospital waiting room when they called, still did the interview and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do to help retain students in your courses?   Answer Question

Admissions Department Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ashford University.

I have interacted with recruiters from Ashford University twice, and both experiences were negative. The first recruiter found my profile on LinkedIn, invited me to apply to an Admissions Counselor position, and dangled a large salary and relocation packages in front of me. I decided to apply, and then heard nothing. When I followed up by email a week later, I received a canned response thanking me for applying, and informing me that Ashford is currently only hiring internally. Again, SHE contacted ME and asked me to apply, not the other way around!

The second time I contacted a recruiter to inquire about a management position posted on Ashford's web site. The recruiter responded immediately and said she would be calling me that day to talk. The next morning I emailed her because she never called. She responded by saying the position had been filled, and she would be in contact the next week. Two weeks went by and never heard back. I finally emailed to let her know I was no longer interested and would be pursuing other opportunities, to which she replied congratulations and never offered any explanation for her lack of follow-through.

Interview Questions
    • Never got to this point thanks to poor follow-through by their recruiters.   Answer Question

Student Services Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ashford University in April 2011.

Straight forward and basic. Examples of questions include: "Tell me about a time you failed" or "Tell me about your greatest success in business"

Interview Questions

Worked for Ashford University? Contribute to the Community!