Ashland Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.7

Process Engineer Interview

Very detailed and thorough hiring/interview process. Focuses on soft skill in addition to technical knowledge and competences. HR does a fantastic on understanding your expectations as a potential employee so as to make sure the fit exists. I personally enjoyed the interview process because it was two-way rather than a interrogatory process.

Very easy and simple

Account Manager Interview

They came to the university with a team. They interviewed over a number of days until someone was selected from the pool. The interview was a behavior based interview in the STAR (situation, task, action, result format).

Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ashland.

several phone calls before the first meeting.a long wait time after that for a background check to go through before i ever met management or stepped foot on the property.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ashland in July 2013.

After applying online, I received a phone call from a HR representative. The individual asked basic questions about my work history. I believe the initial phone call was to investigate salary expectations. I was not prepared for the impromptu phone-call, and if I had to do it over, I probably would have asked to call the HR individual back at a more convenient time. The entire phone call took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary expectations? The questions were all relevant to my work history and submitted resume.   Answer Question

Structural Adhesive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ashland in July 2013.

Lunch interview and an on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • Not much, simple accounting questions and a conceptual question. No correct answer.   Answer Question

Accountant (Level Based On Experience) Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ashland.

Applied online. No phone screening. One face to face interview with a 3-member panel (the department manager, his manager, and someone from HR). The direct manager asked the largest number of the questions, but the other two participated in the questioning. Interview lasted about 40 minutes. I could tell at the end of the interview that I would be going no further in the process (based on their manner).

Interview Questions
    • Can you travel? This was unexpected as the job description did not give any indication of travel being required. It came to light in the interview that the specific functions to the role (also *not* in the job listing) required travel.   Answer Question
    • Give a time when you went above and beyond expectations (and management noticed it)   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Ashland in June 2013.

First interview with the Corporate Recruiter. Second interview with VP of Marketing & Business Development. Third interview with HR Director

Dysfunctional team and process at Ashland Performance Materials in Columbus, Ohio. Months after two interviews, I still have no received any feedback on the outcome. I have left voice messages but still no response. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Steer clear of Ashland Performance Materials!

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashland in August 2012.

Passed initial phone interview easily, interviewer was relaxed and friendly. Interview at the plant was involved with two groups of 4 people. One group focused on people issues and the other group focused on technical questions. Probed troubleshooting abilities and ability to reason through difficult situations. Received a tour of various operating areas of plant.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about a past problem they had on plant regarding a high differential pressure at an exhaust fan.   View Answer
    Extra Vacation, did not budge on salary.

Global Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ashland in March 2012.

Through recommendation, got the first round interview with the department head on phone. Two weeks later, went to the headquarter to have a face to face interview with both the department head and direct manager, 2 weeks later, got admitted

Interview Questions
    • how is your past financial service experience related to marketing   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. Just took it

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ashland in January 2012.

I was hired after one interview. I was mostly questioned about my prior accomplishments and what thought processes led to these successes. My interviewer was very interested in my work ethic and asked questions that would address work ethic without directly asking. Also appearing o be important to the interviewer was my ability to work on a multi-functional project team and my ability to get along with coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what my most relevant work related failure was or my greatest weakness.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase