Ashley Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.5

Lean Black Belt Interview

Interview

HR didn't have my resume. Asked me if I could handle a nail gun. We went back and forth on it but he didn't seem very intelligent. What can you say, HR...

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a nail gun?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture (Paramus, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Internal recruiter found my resume online, emailed and called me. I contacted him and did a phone interview with him to discuss the position of store manager and then he had another person, junior recruiter call me to set up interview with the regional VP. I was then asked to drive to NJ which I did based on what I was told during the phone interview in regards to salary being much more then I was making. It took me 3 hours to drive to NJ for this interview and the Regional VP was a bit unprofessional when speaking to me as asked about family etc. plus he told me during the interview that the position I was interviewing for, Store Manager, didn't pay more then I was making now, which I was bit taken back by because this is NOT what I was told by the internal recruiter. They did offer me the job about a week later, I countered back, then had to call them again and then was told they wouldn't come up on the starting salary. This whole process was a waste of time and I left the internal recruiter know I wasn't very happy with the way things were handled especially since he told me one thing and wasn't true. My advice stay away from this company its not worth it they acted like they did me a favor which they didn't especially since it wasted my time. I have a job and wouldn't have even bothered with the interviewing process especially driving 3 hours to NJ to do so if the recruiter had been honest. This company expects too much for too little pay especially for a store manager position they need a reality check!

Because they offered me the same pay I am making now so why would I accept a job when the hours are tripled, the responsibility doubled and being on call

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Very Easy-going. Started out with filling out a stack of paperwork, after came the one on one talking interview. And then we walked the store talking about styles and actually put together a vignette for them.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview

Interview was pretty much set before you interviewed as far as the questions asked, they were pretty general. The jobs are all pretty much general laborer and require no higher education. Shifts are about what you want, 4-10's 5-8's ect.

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Advance, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Advance, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

They called me to set up an interview after they had already filled the position. I drove over 8 hours and stayed at a hotel for the interview. I should have been told it was filled before i wasted all the time and money.

Interview Questions

• Why did you drive 8 hours for this position?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture (Arcadia, WI).

Interview

Headhunter contacted, then had phone interview with. Next 10 minute phone screen w/ HR, then 5 minute phone interview w/ hiring manager. On-site interviews with hiring manager, other senior managers and employee team. Job offer followed in a couple of days.

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate higher rate than original offer.

Space Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture (Brandon, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial contact is email, then they conduct a phone interview. Be ready and do your homework. Research the company and its history. If you pass that, then tey will bring you in for a face to face.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a challenging work environment and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ecru, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture (Ecru, MS).

Interview

I was contacted by a current employee to whom I forwarded my resume. I had two phone interviews, a 1:1 interview with the department manager, a panel interview with three other managers, and a 1:1 interview with the director of operations. The whole process took about 8 weeks, but the department manager kept in touch during the process. Once the offer is made, there is a phone discussion with HR personnel, the department manager, and recruiting staff to negotiate terms (depending upon your position/rank). The HR personnel and recruiting staff are very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were very textbook: What would you consider your biggest accomplishment? Of what project are you most proud?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is some room for negotiation depending upon your position.

Instructional Design Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview

Did not seem very organized. Could tell it the interview format had been repeated many times and was very standard. Focused on technical questions but only probed deep enough to see if you know the basics. Seemed hurried. Be quick on your feet with answers and you will do fine. The basis of hiring is mostly on how they like you personally. Oddly enough, educational credentials seem to be valued more than applied knowledge.

Interview Questions

• They asked specifically what my income has been but would not disclose even the range of pay offered.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was muddled. I asked for relocation assistance and they said they would get back to me. After following up several times, they simply did not respond and never addressed the question after I started work.

Visual Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview

Had a total of 3 interviews with: store manager, corporate merchandising manager and VP of stores of the franchise company