Ashley Furniture

2.6

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Advance, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Advance, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Ashley Furniture in November 2014.

They called me to set up an interview after they had already filled the position. I drove over 8 hours and stayed at a hotel for the interview. I should have been told it was filled before i wasted all the time and money.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you drive 8 hours for this position?   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Headhunter contacted, then had phone interview with. Next 10 minute phone screen w/ HR, then 5 minute phone interview w/ hiring manager. On-site interviews with hiring manager, other senior managers and employee team. Job offer followed in a couple of days.

Was able to negotiate higher rate than original offer.

Space Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in April 2014.

Initial contact is email, then they conduct a phone interview. Be ready and do your homework. Research the company and its history. If you pass that, then tey will bring you in for a face to face.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a challenging work environment and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ecru, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ecru, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture.

I was contacted by a current employee to whom I forwarded my resume. I had two phone interviews, a 1:1 interview with the department manager, a panel interview with three other managers, and a 1:1 interview with the director of operations. The whole process took about 8 weeks, but the department manager kept in touch during the process. Once the offer is made, there is a phone discussion with HR personnel, the department manager, and recruiting staff to negotiate terms (depending upon your position/rank). The HR personnel and recruiting staff are very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were very textbook: What would you consider your biggest accomplishment? Of what project are you most proud?   Answer Question
    There is some room for negotiation depending upon your position.

Instructional Design Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Did not seem very organized. Could tell it the interview format had been repeated many times and was very standard. Focused on technical questions but only probed deep enough to see if you know the basics. Seemed hurried. Be quick on your feet with answers and you will do fine. The basis of hiring is mostly on how they like you personally. Oddly enough, educational credentials seem to be valued more than applied knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • They asked specifically what my income has been but would not disclose even the range of pay offered.   View Answer
    Negotiation was muddled. I asked for relocation assistance and they said they would get back to me. After following up several times, they simply did not respond and never addressed the question after I started work.

Visual Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Had a total of 3 interviews with: store manager, corporate merchandising manager and VP of stores of the franchise company

Office Managerfice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Nothing surprising. Standard questions

No negotiation - take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Ashley Furniture in December 2012.

The worst experience ever!
    I applied on-line for the job. An outside recruiter called me and after a brief conversation, she told me to wait for the next step, a call from the Ashley NJ recruiter. She told me to be available at 2PM for a call but it never came. I was told the next day to again wit for a call from the interviewer. Again no call. Third time asked to be available for a call. Again no call at the designated time. I did get the call one hour later but missed it because I was on another call. A voicemail was left by the recruiter to call her back. I spent the next two hours trying to get hold of this person. We had our interview and I was told that the position pays $12 per hour, not the $15 that the outside recruiter stated. If I accepted the position then I would have to drive over an hour to meet with a general manager for an in-person interview, and I was told to wait for his call. 4 days and no call.
    These people waste your time! Is this the type of management one can expect if hired?

Interview Questions
    • none...no good questions. Sophomoric

Still waiting for the second interview...I was told I would be perfect for the job by the recruiter!
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ashley Furniture.

You can submit your resume online or fill out an application in the store. The most important thing they are looking for is availability on evenings, weekends (EVERY Saturday and Sunday), and holidays. If you are not available weekends they will not even look at your resume/application. Sales experience is a definite plus and will likely guarantee you an interview if they are hiring. I was scheduled an interview the same week I applied. Your initial interview is with both the General Manager and the Assistant General Manager. It will last about an hour and they mostly want to know more about you and your experiences and your attitudes toward working hard and being able to work with people. They don't ask a lot of hard questions such as, "Tell me about a time when..." or "How would you handle this situation if..", rather it is more of a conversational interview. They are very open and honest about what you are getting into as an employee for them and they encourage questions. If they like you in your first interview, they will invite you back in for a 2nd interview, which is really the "job offer". At this 2nd "interview" they will tell you your exact pay, expectations, hours required, uniform, benefits, etc etc. They tell you the rules of your position and what they expect out of you, and this is also when you fill out all of your new hire paperwork. It takes about an hour and a half and it is somewhat informal (you are already hired, they just wanna make sure you really want to work there after knowing everything that is expected from you).

Interview Questions
    • Honestly cannot think of one difficult or unexpected question. It was all very conversational questions getting to know you.   Answer Question
    There isn't any negotiated, really. You receive an offer later that explains to you the hours expected from you and your commission rate, along with your "training" period which you receive an hourly rate for, if that amount is less than your commission earned.

Middle Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ashley Furniture in September 2012.

Sent in resume to their job site. Had phone interview with HR person, then later with Department VP. Later came to Arcadia for a face to face interview and a group interview. Was offered the job two days later. Start to finish the process took approximately 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any unexpected or difficult question. All questions pertained to my experience and knowledge of the job.   Answer Question
    There was not a lot of negotiation. Their offer was fair, and since I was unemployed at the time I was not in a position of strength.