Ashley Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.5

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Brandon, FL).

Interview

went over my resume and experience. asked why i moved to tampa, discussed my desire to further my education and get a masters. Then instead of being an interior designer, which was the job I applied for and the position available online... it was about that time that he decided I should be CAD specialist instead.

Interview Questions

• what makes you think youd be a good fit?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview

Two interviews, one with one manager & the second with both. Wasn't too intimidating, asked the same basic questions as always. Nothing sticks out in my mind, it was so long ago.

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Amherst, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief, straight to the point. The store manager is very sarcastic but in a relatable way. Both managers, guest service and store were open and relaxed. The interview process did not feel like an interview. I knew that I got the job a little over a week after the interview.

Home Furniture Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Winchester, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Lengthy. It wasn't that bad. Recruiter called me. I interviewed with her at a store, closest to my home. That process is not that bad, drug testing, background checks, about two weeks. What through me back is they pushed training back two weeks. I intentionally left another job to start Thier training two weeks before hand. Leaving me an entire month. Luckily, I had a friend who had a small business who had me come help him in the interim.

Interview Questions

• The Ashley culture, are your going to see yourself as a good fit, etc. Tell me about your work experiences and life experiences. They like you to share and exchange with them. It's part of their culture and approach towards customers. Just answer the questions as best you can. If your young, aggressive, naive, the better. After you meet the prescreening requirements. You meet with the store manager. The Manager who hired me was moved to another location. That was disappointing. Leaving 2 team leads.   Answer Question

Lean Black Belt Interview

Interview

HR didn't have my resume. Asked me if I could handle a nail gun. We went back and forth on it but he didn't seem very intelligent. What can you say, HR...

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a nail gun?   1 Answer

Vice President of I&O Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Arcadia, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiting manager was very good at communicating and cordinating. The communication from the leadership team and director of HR was horrible. I asked for an update and they never offered any information. I finally contacted the recruiting manager to find out another person was selected. No follow up at all. For this type of position that is disrespectful! And for them to stress communication in the interviews, well there was some hypocrisy going on. There is also some obvious areas of leadership they struggle with. All and all the CIO was very personable. But he didn't communicate well either.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how to fix something specific to their company?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Very Easy-going. Started out with filling out a stack of paperwork, after came the one on one talking interview. And then we walked the store talking about styles and actually put together a vignette for them.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Paramus, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Internal recruiter found my resume online, emailed and called me. I contacted him and did a phone interview with him to discuss the position of store manager and then he had another person, junior recruiter call me to set up interview with the regional VP. I was then asked to drive to NJ which I did based on what I was told during the phone interview in regards to salary being much more then I was making. It took me 3 hours to drive to NJ for this interview and the Regional VP was a bit unprofessional when speaking to me as asked about family etc. plus he told me during the interview that the position I was interviewing for, Store Manager, didn't pay more then I was making now, which I was bit taken back by because this is NOT what I was told by the internal recruiter. They did offer me the job about a week later, I countered back, then had to call them again and then was told they wouldn't come up on the starting salary. This whole process was a waste of time and I left the internal recruiter know I wasn't very happy with the way things were handled especially since he told me one thing and wasn't true. My advice stay away from this company its not worth it they acted like they did me a favor which they didn't especially since it wasted my time. I have a job and wouldn't have even bothered with the interviewing process especially driving 3 hours to NJ to do so if the recruiter had been honest. This company expects too much for too little pay especially for a store manager position they need a reality check!

Because they offered me the same pay I am making now so why would I accept a job when the hours are tripled, the responsibility doubled and being on call

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview

Interview was pretty much set before you interviewed as far as the questions asked, they were pretty general. The jobs are all pretty much general laborer and require no higher education. Shifts are about what you want, 4-10's 5-8's ect.

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Advance, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Advance, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

They called me to set up an interview after they had already filled the position. I drove over 8 hours and stayed at a hotel for the interview. I should have been told it was filled before i wasted all the time and money.

Interview Questions

• Why did you drive 8 hours for this position?   1 Answer