Ashley Furniture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Arcadia, WI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview Details – Headhunter contacted, then had phone interview with. Next 10 minute phone screen w/ HR, then 5 minute phone interview w/ hiring manager. On-site interviews with hiring manager, other senior managers and employee team. Job offer followed in a couple of days.

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate higher rate than original offer.

Space Planner Interview

Space Planner
Brandon, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ashley Furniture in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact is email, then they conduct a phone interview. Be ready and do your homework. Research the company and its history. If you pass that, then tey will bring you in for a face to face.

Interview Question – Tell of a challenging work environment and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Ecru, MS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a current employee to whom I forwarded my resume. I had two phone interviews, a 1:1 interview with the department manager, a panel interview with three other managers, and a 1:1 interview with the director of operations. The whole process took about 8 weeks, but the department manager kept in touch during the process. Once the offer is made, there is a phone discussion with HR personnel, the department manager, and recruiting staff to negotiate terms (depending upon your position/rank). The HR personnel and recruiting staff are very helpful.

Interview Question – Most questions were very textbook: What would you consider your biggest accomplishment? Of what project are you most proud?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is some room for negotiation depending upon your position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ashley Furniture in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was called by a Manager from a different location than the one I applied for and we set up an interview. The Manager changed my Interview date due to Upper Management coming that day and he wanted to focus on them. When I got there on the new day, he had forgotten I was coming. Other than that he was a very nice man.

Interview Question – None of his questions were difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its a commission job so there is no negotiating involved. The pay seemed adequate, so I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Finance Interview

Finance
Arcadia, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ashley Furniture in July 2012.

Interview Details – Terrible

Interview Question – Dont worry about it, just dont work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wanted to pay me dog sh**, and I asked for more, and unfortunately I accepted slightly above dog sh**.

Instructional Design Manager Interview

Instructional Design Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview Details – Did not seem very organized. Could tell it the interview format had been repeated many times and was very standard. Focused on technical questions but only probed deep enough to see if you know the basics. Seemed hurried. Be quick on your feet with answers and you will do fine. The basis of hiring is mostly on how they like you personally. Oddly enough, educational credentials seem to be valued more than applied knowledge.

Interview Question – They asked specifically what my income has been but would not disclose even the range of pay offered.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was muddled. I asked for relocation assistance and they said they would get back to me. After following up several times, they simply did not respond and never addressed the question after I started work.

Visual Lead Interview

Visual Lead

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview Details – Had a total of 3 interviews with: store manager, corporate merchandising manager and VP of stores of the franchise company

Interview Question – Can you do the job?   Answer Question

Office Managerfice Manager Interview

Office Managerfice Manager
Arcadia, WI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview Details – Nothing surprising. Standard questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - take it or leave it.

Very Difficult Interview

Director Interview

Director
Arcadia, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Ashley Furniture in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and headhunter contacted me. Phone screen w/ headhunter. Phone screen with human resources. Phone interview with hiring manager. On-site interview with hiring manager and other executives.

Interview Question – What have you failed at?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Paramus, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Ashley Furniture in December 2012.

Interview Details – The worst experience ever!
I applied on-line for the job. An outside recruiter called me and after a brief conversation, she told me to wait for the next step, a call from the Ashley NJ recruiter. She told me to be available at 2PM for a call but it never came. I was told the next day to again wit for a call from the interviewer. Again no call. Third time asked to be available for a call. Again no call at the designated time. I did get the call one hour later but missed it because I was on another call. A voicemail was left by the recruiter to call her back. I spent the next two hours trying to get hold of this person. We had our interview and I was told that the position pays $12 per hour, not the $15 that the outside recruiter stated. If I accepted the position then I would have to drive over an hour to meet with a general manager for an in-person interview, and I was told to wait for his call. 4 days and no call.
These people waste your time! Is this the type of management one can expect if hired?

Interview Question – none...no good questions. Sophomoric

Still waiting for the second interview...I was told I would be perfect for the job by the recruiter!
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ashley Furniture

Worked for Ashley Furniture? Contribute to the Community!