Ashley Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.5

Office Managerfice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture (Arcadia, WI).

Interview

Nothing surprising. Standard questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Paramus, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

The worst experience ever!
    I applied on-line for the job. An outside recruiter called me and after a brief conversation, she told me to wait for the next step, a call from the Ashley NJ recruiter. She told me to be available at 2PM for a call but it never came. I was told the next day to again wit for a call from the interviewer. Again no call. Third time asked to be available for a call. Again no call at the designated time. I did get the call one hour later but missed it because I was on another call. A voicemail was left by the recruiter to call her back. I spent the next two hours trying to get hold of this person. We had our interview and I was told that the position pays $12 per hour, not the $15 that the outside recruiter stated. If I accepted the position then I would have to drive over an hour to meet with a general manager for an in-person interview, and I was told to wait for his call. 4 days and no call.
    These people waste your time! Is this the type of management one can expect if hired?

Interview Questions

• none...no good questions. Sophomoric

Still waiting for the second interview...I was told I would be perfect for the job by the recruiter!

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ashley Furniture (Augusta, GA).

Interview

You can submit your resume online or fill out an application in the store. The most important thing they are looking for is availability on evenings, weekends (EVERY Saturday and Sunday), and holidays. If you are not available weekends they will not even look at your resume/application. Sales experience is a definite plus and will likely guarantee you an interview if they are hiring. I was scheduled an interview the same week I applied. Your initial interview is with both the General Manager and the Assistant General Manager. It will last about an hour and they mostly want to know more about you and your experiences and your attitudes toward working hard and being able to work with people. They don't ask a lot of hard questions such as, "Tell me about a time when..." or "How would you handle this situation if..", rather it is more of a conversational interview. They are very open and honest about what you are getting into as an employee for them and they encourage questions. If they like you in your first interview, they will invite you back in for a 2nd interview, which is really the "job offer". At this 2nd "interview" they will tell you your exact pay, expectations, hours required, uniform, benefits, etc etc. They tell you the rules of your position and what they expect out of you, and this is also when you fill out all of your new hire paperwork. It takes about an hour and a half and it is somewhat informal (you are already hired, they just wanna make sure you really want to work there after knowing everything that is expected from you).

Interview Questions

• Honestly cannot think of one difficult or unexpected question. It was all very conversational questions getting to know you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't any negotiated, really. You receive an offer later that explains to you the hours expected from you and your commission rate, along with your "training" period which you receive an hourly rate for, if that amount is less than your commission earned.

Middle Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ashley Furniture in September 2012.

Interview

Sent in resume to their job site. Had phone interview with HR person, then later with Department VP. Later came to Arcadia for a face to face interview and a group interview. Was offered the job two days later. Start to finish the process took approximately 1 month.

Interview Questions

• There was not any unexpected or difficult question. All questions pertained to my experience and knowledge of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a lot of negotiation. Their offer was fair, and since I was unemployed at the time I was not in a position of strength.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Arcadia, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied on-line and headhunter contacted me. Phone screen w/ headhunter. Phone screen with human resources. Phone interview with hiring manager. On-site interview with hiring manager and other executives.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in July 2012.

Interview

I was called by a Manager from a different location than the one I applied for and we set up an interview. The Manager changed my Interview date due to Upper Management coming that day and he wanted to focus on them. When I got there on the new day, he had forgotten I was coming. Other than that he was a very nice man.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its a commission job so there is no negotiating involved. The pay seemed adequate, so I accepted.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ashley Furniture (Arcadia, WI) in July 2012.

Interview

Terrible

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They wanted to pay me dog sh**, and I asked for more, and unfortunately I accepted slightly above dog sh**.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ashley Furniture (Columbia, SC) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview with Manager, Assistant Manager, and Office Manager.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter in response to a Craigslist ad. A regional manager was quick to contact me for a brief phone interview, then set me up an interview at one of the nearby locations. I attended the interview with several other candidates; we were given two timed tests to complete, ostensibly one personality test and one IQ test. I was then brought in for a second interview, wherein I sat down on a floor model couch and spoke with the store manager and regional manager. This interview was fairly relaxed and mostly focused on sales techniques. Both interviewers were personable. The final stage of the process was a drug test.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any particularly difficult or unusual questions. They did ask what was the most difficult aspect of my last sales job.   1 Answer

I made a decision to relocate and was therefore unable to pursue this particular opportunity.

Warehouse Workers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ashley Furniture (Arcadia, WI) in December 2011.

Interview

They tend to hold monthly to bimonthly job fairs scattered across the counties surrounding Arcadia and in Arcadia. On the job fair days, it's more convenient to file an online application in advance. And be prepared to answer questions about your jobs of history that focus on behavrioral and open end based questions. Example questions: "Tell us about a time when..." is a behavioral question and also open end because interviewer rarely targeted a specific job on record. They will assess your safety commitment, willingness to work overtime, what you liked most about a job, lease liked about a job, why did you leave last employer, a time when you handled a coworker under stress, and what would a former employer or workers on crew say about your overall job performance. Be prepared for those questions especially if you have blemishes being put on spot with a hard question unprepared for can leave you in a crickets momment, a flag banner white brilliantly flapping in imaginary breeze overhead, lol. Good luck ladies and gentlemen. Remember, sell yourself and in answering a question give examples, and make it abundantly clear that you are worth something beyond the person before and after you. Oh and get there early as possible, I got a bad attitude interviewer after lunch time and if you are like me sitting down with someone who criticizes you over factual statements or interjects blattant opinions that should not be used hold that reactive speaking. I did hold mine, so you can too. Play it cool and get that job. Send a thank you note if you aren't hired on a job fair day to HR and if possible call em back. Afterall, you have to do something in todays job market that makes you standout. Thank them for their time, keep it short 1-2 lines that's it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that demonstrates your safety.   1 Answer