Ashley Furniture

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Ashley Furniture in August 2012.

Applied on-line and headhunter contacted me. Phone screen w/ headhunter. Phone screen with human resources. Phone interview with hiring manager. On-site interview with hiring manager and other executives.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in July 2012.

I was called by a Manager from a different location than the one I applied for and we set up an interview. The Manager changed my Interview date due to Upper Management coming that day and he wanted to focus on them. When I got there on the new day, he had forgotten I was coming. Other than that he was a very nice man.

Interview Questions
    Its a commission job so there is no negotiating involved. The pay seemed adequate, so I accepted.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in July 2012.

Terrible

Interview Questions
    They wanted to pay me dog sh**, and I asked for more, and unfortunately I accepted slightly above dog sh**.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in June 2012.

Interview with Manager, Assistant Manager, and Office Manager.

None

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in April 2012.

I submitted my resume and cover letter in response to a Craigslist ad. A regional manager was quick to contact me for a brief phone interview, then set me up an interview at one of the nearby locations. I attended the interview with several other candidates; we were given two timed tests to complete, ostensibly one personality test and one IQ test. I was then brought in for a second interview, wherein I sat down on a floor model couch and spoke with the store manager and regional manager. This interview was fairly relaxed and mostly focused on sales techniques. Both interviewers were personable. The final stage of the process was a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any particularly difficult or unusual questions. They did ask what was the most difficult aspect of my last sales job.   View Answer

I made a decision to relocate and was therefore unable to pursue this particular opportunity.

Warehouse Workers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in December 2011.

They tend to hold monthly to bimonthly job fairs scattered across the counties surrounding Arcadia and in Arcadia. On the job fair days, it's more convenient to file an online application in advance. And be prepared to answer questions about your jobs of history that focus on behavrioral and open end based questions. Example questions: "Tell us about a time when..." is a behavioral question and also open end because interviewer rarely targeted a specific job on record. They will assess your safety commitment, willingness to work overtime, what you liked most about a job, lease liked about a job, why did you leave last employer, a time when you handled a coworker under stress, and what would a former employer or workers on crew say about your overall job performance. Be prepared for those questions especially if you have blemishes being put on spot with a hard question unprepared for can leave you in a crickets momment, a flag banner white brilliantly flapping in imaginary breeze overhead, lol. Good luck ladies and gentlemen. Remember, sell yourself and in answering a question give examples, and make it abundantly clear that you are worth something beyond the person before and after you. Oh and get there early as possible, I got a bad attitude interviewer after lunch time and if you are like me sitting down with someone who criticizes you over factual statements or interjects blattant opinions that should not be used hold that reactive speaking. I did hold mine, so you can too. Play it cool and get that job. Send a thank you note if you aren't hired on a job fair day to HR and if possible call em back. Afterall, you have to do something in todays job market that makes you standout. Thank them for their time, keep it short 1-2 lines that's it.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your last job   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time that demonstrates your safety.   View Answer

Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in June 2011.

There was a 12 minute timed skills and IQ test, consisting of 40 questions, and without the use of calculators or scrap paper. There were reasoning, metaphors, number sequencing, conversions, analogies, and synonyms/antonyms. The staff were rude and loud; but maybe it was just this location that acts this way.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in March 2011.

Job fair interview with store manager. He liked me and said he would set up a 2nd interview with a regional manager. I waited 2 weeks and several calls before I got an interview. Was given some lame story about the regional manager not receiving his email. Interviewed on a Sunday with regional manager. He was 25 minutes late for the interview, then needed 20 more minutes to prepare for it. he liked my interview and told me I would hear something within 3 days. he even gave me his business card and told me to call him if I hadn't heard anything in 3 days. I called on day 4, day 5 and day 6. Got his voice mail. he has NOT returned my calls. now it has been almost 4 weeks since I applied. Was told I would hear something either way.
    Not good to leave someone hanging. VERY unprofessional and down right RUDE.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose Ashley Furniture to apply?   View Answer

Dispatch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in March 2011.

Phone interview first with HR. Immediately after phone conversation we scheduled a date for the office interview. I met with the Operations Department Manager and a Dsi[atch Mngr. Operations Mngr did 90% of the interview. Basically looking for common sense approach and responsibility in an indivudual.

Another opportunity in a different state presented itself

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesport, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesport, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in February 2011.

First interview was by phone with in house recruiter. I then received a postcard letter stating that I did meet requirements for the next step. Later that day I recieved an email offering me another interview for the security position. The interview with the security supervisor lasted less than 5 minutes with 2 questions and a "you're hired."

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Supervisors work off a generic script with situational based questions.   View Answer
    Flat rate of pay for position is based upon shift differential increments.