Ashley Furniture

2.6

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in January 2011.

Applied online, received call to take assesment and interview with director of call center. Assesment is time consuming over an hour. Interview was very basic but did ask some unusual questions.
    Management in office is more like high schoolers - everyone has a group and may not include everyone. They strive to make office work fun but if we have too much fun than we have to stop.

Interview Questions
    Did negotiate salary due to first offer was too low for the traveling I would do to and from office.

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in June 2010.

HR interview first day included two 1:1 interviews and asked to come back the next day. I came back and waited 1/2 hr past my appointment time and then started the interview with two potential collegues. Interveiw was going well until I was asked if I was informed it was potentially a 2nd shift position. I was not and let them know I could not work 2nd shift. I never heard from them again even after multiple phone calls and an e-mail asking the status of the job.

Interview Questions
    • How are you at dealing with employees which can not understand english?   View Answer

Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in January 2010.

Initial phone interview to set up face to face. Appointment with Senior Merchandise Mgr. and New Store Manager. Sr. Merchandise Mgr. very young. I was asked to look at some paper photos and give my impressions then at end I was asked to set up vignette displays on the retail floor in one bedroom area.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in December 2009.

Ashley Furniture was not as impressive as they could have been during the interview process. They did not seem very invested in their compensation plan, which transmitted a bad image to the person being interviewed. An interview process is always daunting and when a company is not interested in their own benefits, it does not make the prospective employee excited about their opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like after walking into our warehouse?   View Answer

I was not impressed with the offer or the compensation. Employees are payed on a draw system and it did not appear the store was drawing much business.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in July 2009.

I am usually nervous on interviews but i was very comfortable. It was like talking to an old friend that u haven't seen in years. Basic questions: How much sales experience do you have? What was your quota each week or month and where did you rank among your peers?

Be yourself

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morehead City, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morehead City, NC

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in June 2009.

Interviewed with 3 people, then had to come back for 2nd interview with HR, upon which I was hired. Basic questions. What are your strengths/weaknesses? Some small talk.

No negotiation.

Vice President of Operations Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in March 2012.

Ashley used a recruiting firm to do an initial screening for over one hour, next the Hr representative interviewed me for 1.5 hours. The big disappointment was the hiring manager scheduled and rescheduled twice and than fell silent. No input from the recruiter as he had no feedback. It was a very poor process for a high level position.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest disappointment at your last position?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in November 2011.

Interview was very easy. Basically talked about my experience in retail and management which was expected since I was interviewing for the store manager position. Met with Reginal Mgr and that went well. About 2 weeks go by and told they want me to interview with the VP of sales that makes all the decisions. That was easy too since I have over 20 years experience with big box retailers. At the end of that he stated that his only concern was that I did not have furniture experience. I guess I was confused what they were looking for was a store manager that also sells on the floor while trying to run one of their locations. Would explain why they have a 50% turnover rate and customer service scores that are a disaster. Was told I would hear something within 5 days. I followed up and was informed that he still had not decided on that position. Two weeks later I get a call and said that although my interiview went well, they decided on someone that had furniture experience and alittle management background. Again I had to laugh that they knew what my prior background was before even calling me in and still called me in. It doesn't even mention furniture experience needed in the job description. VP did say that now people have to do more for him and he wants the biggest bang for his dollar which I understood again and agreed with. I just didn't realize that meant he wanted a glorified sales person that he can hold accountable for running the store too. Hope this helps others who apply at this company and ask more questions about the qualifications and job description duties before you jump through all the hoops.

Line Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in November 2011.

2 interviews. Dress Casual but nice, not jeans but khakis and collared shirt.

went well.

Office Manager Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ashley Furniture in March 2011.

Had a phone interview, then a group face to face, took personality test, drug and background check. They were friendly and asked about work history.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiation a little more based on my experience