Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture Store Manager Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ashley Furniture in November 2011.

Interview was very easy. Basically talked about my experience in retail and management which was expected since I was interviewing for the store manager position. Met with Reginal Mgr and that went well. About 2 weeks go by and told they want me to interview with the VP of sales that makes all the decisions. That was easy too since I have over 20 years experience with big box retailers. At the end of that he stated that his only concern was that I did not have furniture experience. I guess I was confused what they were looking for was a store manager that also sells on the floor while trying to run one of their locations. Would explain why they have a 50% turnover rate and customer service scores that are a disaster. Was told I would hear something within 5 days. I followed up and was informed that he still had not decided on that position. Two weeks later I get a call and said that although my interiview went well, they decided on someone that had furniture experience and alittle management background. Again I had to laugh that they knew what my prior background was before even calling me in and still called me in. It doesn't even mention furniture experience needed in the job description. VP did say that now people have to do more for him and he wants the biggest bang for his dollar which I understood again and agreed with. I just didn't realize that meant he wanted a glorified sales person that he can hold accountable for running the store too. Hope this helps others who apply at this company and ask more questions about the qualifications and job description duties before you jump through all the hoops.

Other Interview Reviews for Ashley Furniture

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ashley Furniture in October 2009.

First had a phone interview HR person very pleasant. Was called in for interview by hiring manager at a local store one on one. We sat at a kitchen table on the floor while she interviewed me and customers were walking around. She ignored them while she talked to me. She was pleasant but explained that they did not hire store managers, but I had to work on the floor as a sales person and if I didn't make my sales goal I would be terminated. She stressed about being termed and I felt that they were looking more for sales associates even though the website said hiring managers ,which I had experience in. The stores are owned by different owners so I dont know if my experience was unique. A week later I recd a rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • How much do the people who work for you at your present job make?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ashley Furniture in April 2010.

Hiring rep was extreamly slow to respond to emails...even prior to a 1on1 interview. After the interview itself, the communication was less than professional. If I did not pass the interview process that's fine, let me know. Simply ignoring my requests to get an answer...unprofessional.

Anyone would think Ashley was a 2 bit company. It definately did not show any better than that. The 1st experience a potential employee has of any company is through the hiring process. Screw that up and you will loose any good talent you might have had.

Coming from a large amount of hiring experience myself, this experience of the hiring process with Ashley...I would not have accepted a position with them. If they can't get this pillar of the business right...the other pillars would also be questionable.

Interview Questions
    • I can not remember one to be honest. Questions didn't drift from the norm.   Answer Question

Worked for Ashley Furniture? Contribute to the Community!