Asia Society

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.6

Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Asia Society.

Generally questions re. my experience as written on resume. The interview process was as to be expected, not too difficult or surprising. May want to know about the programs that they have run and if you have attended them. Try to attend programs and any groups they sponsor to show knowledge. Talk about why/enthusiasm for the organization

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Asia Society.

I don't remember much. I came in in casual clothes. They asked what I was interested in so i said arts and culture. they mentioned they liked that. i didn't even try my best. but i got the internship.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult at all. I think i got in because i came from a prestigious university   Answer Question

Media Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Asia Society in March 2014.

Sent in cover letter and resume and then got an email for an interview. Went in and had what was a very informal one-on-one interview for about an hour. The interview was very conversational and natural overall. Basically asking about past experiences and job expectations. And then I was also allowed to ask a lot of questions to learn more about the job and the organization in general as well as the work of the department. But then there was no follow up.

Interview Questions
    • The salary was mentioned in the interview, which I thought was a bit odd, but best not to beat around the bush, I guess and it was low. So when asked about expectations on salary I wasn't quite sure how to respond.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Asia Society.

Had a phone interview with a current intern and employee. They asked a lot of questions about why I was interested and what did I know about Asia society. They didn't really make a decision but just said that I would need to come in for an in person interview. I soon found another internship that I was more interested in so I didn't go in person.

Global Policy Program Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Asia Society in August 2010.

I was offered an interview via e-mail after I sent in a cover letter and resume. The interview only lasted about 30 minutes, and I was asked basic questions about experiences listed on my resume. I was told there were 5-6 other candidates in the process of interviewing, it seemed like a quick selection process, as is the case for many non-profit internship and job openings.

Interview Questions
    • Why specifically did you choose the Global Policy Program internship position?   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Asia Society in May 2009.

First, I had a phone interview in which standard questions were asked, such as why I was applying for the job, how I thought the job would fit into my future career goals, and what other types of jobs I was applying for. This was followed by an in person interview, in which I met with four different people, in groups and 1:1, to discuss in more detail my background, discuss the job and how I would do certain things, the types of challenges I envisioned in the course of doing the job, etc. It was, overall, a very enjoyable experience, and the people I spoke with were all extremely interesting and kind people who were also interested in my ideas and insights. However, I did not get the job in the end.

Interview Questions
    • As a major component of the job entailed organizing a major annual conference in the field of education, I was asked to explain in some detail how I would go about organizing it, the types of hurdles I might face, etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Asia Society.

I applied via a listing on Twitter. I got called for an in-person interview shortly after and did a short demo on Final Cut Pro to demonstrate skills, and was hired on spot. AS is always looking for interns each semester, and if you have a passion for Asian-related policies, language, art, and more, this will be a great place for you to learn.

Interview Questions
    • What are some ideas you have that can contribute to the organization? Think of some content related posts beforehand.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Emailed resume and cover letter, interview with program development team staffs. questions are mainly based on the resume.

Interview Questions
    • there was one very detailed about one of my previous internship experience.   Answer Question

Stewardship Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Asia Society.

The executive went over the responsibilities and what would be expected.

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Intern Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Asia Society in December 2010.

Asked basic questions like describe your resume, why do you think you'd be a good fit for this department, etc.