Jefferies & Company
www.jefferies.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Jefferies & Company Vice President Interview Question

I interviewed in New York, NY and was asked:
"Asking me to work for a day during my scheduled vacation (scheduled way in advance). The other question would be in the form of a very selective, spontaneous and extra-analytic code review of my work. I got a lot of strange questions. The managers absolutely do not have enterprise level experience so they personalize any code you write and they are very vocal with opinions. Whatever you write, Jefferies staff will not make you feel good about it, however good you are, however long you've worked in the industry; no matter what your credentials. They have a fanatical interest in computer programming however their shortcomings are enormous. It's a boyish club supporting a bank; most heavy-lifting is done by seasoned consultants who get dictated the exact code to write; those guys leave as soon as a month or two is out due to abuse, shocking bewilderment, and intellectual deriding."
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jefferies & Company interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Jefferies & Company employees and interview candidates.