Aspect Software

www.aspect.com

Aspect Software Interview Questions

2.5

Position Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aspect Software.

Applied on-line and did a phone interview. Once accepted then I was submitted additional information via email. I then did a one on one interview with leadership and then a group meeting via phone.

Just did an counter and agreed on benefits.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aspect Software.

No phone screen, just came in for a set of 4 interviews. Most were 20 minutes or less. In one interview I was asked how to determine a time period for a piece of coding and I said that first I'd like to know how accurate the coder has been in the past determining scope and schedule and the interviewer said that was all he needed to know and walked out. After the offer you go through drug tests, FBI background checks, financial checks, and everything has to be Faxed that day and the signed forms also have to be FEDEX'd overnight. It was so stupid that I almost backed out of the job after accepting it. Interview was one day, the onboarding process was 2 weeks and the HR people were just plain awful.

Interview Questions
    Take it or leave it. They did make a point of telling me that it was the absolute best they could give me, but was very low compared to local salaries for a similar job.

Engineering Intern Interview

Very casual. They asked me about my course work at school and the projects that i worked on

Senior Consultant Interview

One technical interview with aspect and one with the client

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aspect Software in March 2013.

They have good hiring process and there were 5 round of interviews, mostly from US itself ..

Interview Questions
    • Questions are mostly on the process and functional stuff ..   Answer Question

I have some better opportunities and got the better position in other place ..

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aspect Software in March 2013.

I applied online for the position before graduating, landed an interview, came in answered the questions asked, they were more like scenario type of questions, In terms of how your reaction towards customers.

Sent me and email with the offer and had 3 days to accept

Systems Engineer - Seattle Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aspect Software in November 2012.

Pretty standard. First vetted by recruiter, then a pretty thorough phone screen and then an in person with Seattle Manager.

Nothing in the questions were unexpected. The company seemed to have a pretty respectful hiring process..

Next step is "An offer is coming" it will be verbal first and once I agree, a formal offer letter will be sent out.

Interview Questions
    • Day 2, follow up call. The approving managers are in meetings all day, looks like it will be tomorrow.

Day 3, I called and asked. Turns out they said no to making an offer. They wanted someone who was an expert most technologies that Microsoft offers... and for less money.

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aspect Software in September 2012.

Hiring and interview process was well-organized. Recruiter contacted me the day after I submitted my cover letter and resume. Had initial phone interviews with recruiter, potential boss, and head of another department. Face-to-face interview was informal yet professional. Lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Very straight forward common interview questions.   Answer Question
    Yes, was able to negotiate -- took a few days.

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aspect Software in June 2012.

Usually the team member which you will join later will be the one do the interview. People here are very nice and technical questions are not very hard, more behavior questions than technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • My interview is very smooth, no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    It is my first job, I do not know how to negotiate, so just accept it.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aspect Software in October 2010.

recruiter screen just the usual background and general HR stuff

1:1 with director- lightly technical, lots of business related and role information. including expected compensation range

3 phone screens including a skills test - very technical, detailed skills review

Most important thing - confirm that compensation will be in the discussed range. Seems obious,isn't- see reason for declining offer below.

Interview Questions

Lowball offer - came in below discussed range after very strong interviews. Excuse was that they 'didn't mean to set expectations' in initial salary discussions. This raised two red flags:
    - obviously, you're not getting as much as you expected
    - more iimportantly, shows poor business ethics and contempt for employees - if they treat you like this before you're even hired, how are they going to be to work for ?

So went with another opportunity with a better sense of professional practice..