Aspen Dental

2.1

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aspen Dental.

I applied online. I was asked to come in for an interview with the Regional Office Manager. She was very nice and asked me about my previous management experience. I was called the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions

The base pay was not consistent with the about of work to be done.

Managing Clinical Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aspen Dental.

I contacted Aspen for the position and then set up a phone interview. It lasted roughly 40 minutes and was very friendly. The interviewer was trying to get to know me and not looking for key phrases (from what I could tell.) I was then scheduled for an in person interview. I flew to the state in which I applied for, at their expense, and met with regional VP for the interview. This was an hour long and was a continuation of the previous interview. Again, did not feel like I was being grilled but sensed they were trying to get to know me and my experience level. The day was actually very tiring because I flew out at 6:45am and arrived around 1pm. I then took a cab straight to the hotel where they met me. I was tired, but the regional VPs were too. They were conducting interviews for the entire day for the entire offices throughout the state. I felt like they were gracious about that. They wanted to know why I was leaving my current state, any procedures I wasn't comfortable with, areas I felt strongest or enjoyed the most, and what I did for enjoyment.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any questions too difficult. I had a 7 year lapse between college and dental school so I was asked what I was doing during that period.   Answer Question

I really liked the company and the way they treated me. It was my first offer and the work hours and vacation time seemed brutal. I also wanted to look around where we live before committing to moving states.

Patient Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aspen Dental in August 2014.

Applied online and was called about 2-3 weeks later to come in for an interview with the office manager. Interview was at 10am but didn't get called back until about 40 minutes later. There was another girl waiting also. When I finally did get called in, after the other girl went, the manager seemed very busy and not interested in anything but explaining the job description then getting back to her own work. She barely asked any questions and then said they'd be calling back for second interviews in the next few days. I was never called back which was crazy because I never got a chance to really say anything to begin with. The girl who "interviewed" before me was in and out in 7 minutes.

Dentist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Aspen Dental in July 2014.

It was two hours longs. Three people were there. They were nice and respectful. I could not tell if I was doing well. The had the regional manager, office manager, and the lead dentist. They told me about the structure of the office and the salary that I would get. They asked questions about my self like my background. They said that they will follow up with me after I was done.

Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aspen Dental in July 2014.

I went in for an interview on 7/29/2014, interviewed with the Regional Manager, and she was very friendly. I spoke with the office manager who answered any questions I had. Left went grocery shopping and came back with groceries to meet the Dentist, who was working at the time. I ended up staying to observe the Dental Assistant who is assuming the role of Lead Dental Assistant this coming Monday. I was offered a job at the end, they are very busy and there is definitely always something to do.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates me, I've never been asked this question on the many interviews that I have been on.   Answer Question
    Yes, I have tons of experience and I stated my asking offer it was meant with a lower hourly rate, but I was still happy with it.

Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aspen Dental.

long

Interview Questions
    • how can you rape the pt of there money and life savings   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aspen Dental.

What was advertised in the paper was not exactly what was described in the interview. There were two different positions being filled and the interviewer kept bringing up things from both jobs. It got to the point where I wasn't sure which job I was there for.

Interview Questions
    • Just the fact that I was being asked about two different jobs when I was not interested in one of them. Very confusing and frustrating experience.   Answer Question

Regional Ops Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aspen Dental in May 2014.

The hiring process took 3 months. It was a pleasant experience. I was impress with company's objectives, goals and outlook. The Executives were upfront and honest about the state of the company's problems.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you will deal with a under performing employee?   Answer Question
    I asked for $10k more but they met me halfway at $5k.

Regional Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aspen Dental.

Directors and Territory Vice Presidents paint a very pretty picture about being a Regional in this company. They tout the fact there is an extensive training program that requires dedication to travel to NY & back to your training office. What they do not tell you is there is a lot of gossip about the newly hired staff at a corporate level. The trainers, directors and Territory VP's sit on calls and talk about their new hires like they are cattle. The job is sold to you as they are on a mission to give America a healthy mouth but the bottom line is the bottom line and they want to know how you are going to drive sales in a medical culture.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions. Very scripted around have you ever had to lead a team to how do you overcome objections. The interview itself is simplistic. They do more talking then listening.   Answer Question
    Wages were sub par for a Regional position. You need to be a strong negotiator for yourself. Ask for more vacation time or a signing bonus. Once you are in you won't see much monetary growth.

Office Manager Interview