Aspen Heights

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiting Associate Interview

Recruiting Associate
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aspen Heights in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process was a lengthy one. It started off with a phone conversation. I was asked about my past experiences and their core values. Next, I met with the hiring manager and her team. They asked me about my interest in the position and how my past experiences relate to the skills needed for this position. Lastly, I was interviewed by a VP and was asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions. During the process, the recruiter was very helpful and honest with me. I felt comfortable communicating with her and was very satisfied with the entire process. Although the process was extensive, it was very rewarding once I obtained the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you came up with an innovative solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Executive Interview

Executive
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aspen Heights.

Interview Details – It was interviews with very few people

Negotiation Details – A nightmare

Construction Interview

Construction
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aspen Heights.

Interview Details – Process was very informal. They do not know enough about multi-family development and construction to know what questions to ask.

Negotiation Details – All on phone. They wanted me to accept a large bonus in lieu if a normal salary. I was ready to walk and they called back very quickly giving into my requests.

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance
Athens, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aspen Heights in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone. I had previously worked for the one interviewing me, as he had left the company I was still working for. We were on good terms and we just went over the basics, i.e. job description, company background, salary & benefits.

Interview Question – How would I do things different than I am now if I had complete control as to how they should be done.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate a lot but I told them what I was looking for before the process began. They came back with term very close to what I needed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aspen Heights in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received 1:1 Phone Screening Interview with a HR representative - basic behavioral interview. They contacted me 2 weeks later and set up a second 1:1 phone interview with a member of the Finance team. This interview was more technical in nature and the interviewer probed my real estate background and knowledge as well as my knowledge of the company's business. I was displeased with this interview as I felt the interviewer was disinterested throughout most of the interview, if not outright rude.

The firm took a little more than a month to re-contact me after the second interview and rejected me because I didn't have enough experience. I was pleased that they took the time to call me back and felt the experience was overall neutral. I greatly appreciated that they took the time to get back to me, but they left me on pins and needles for quite some time and the disinterested conduct of the 2nd round interviewer (someone whom I/you would be working with) ruined any chance of me giving this company a glowing review.

Interview Question – What do you know about our business process?   Answer Question

Leasing Manager Interview

Leasing Manager
Austin, TX

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Aspen Heights in February 2010.

Interview Details – Generic interview questions

Interview Question – Walk me through the steps you would take to put a marketing plan together in a new market.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Aspen Heights? Contribute to the Community!

Aspen Heights Videos

Aspen Heights – Why Work for Us?

There are so many options for jobs out there – why pick us? Just talk to one of our employees. You’ll hear things like “family culture,” “customer service,” “training and development.” Our goal is to be one of the best… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aspen Heights interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aspen Heights employees and interview candidates.