Aspen Heights Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX).

Interview

First off any company that makes you interview with a computer first instead of an iemploee within the company isn't as personable as they seem.

My suggestion is speak with the candidates first and send them off to your odd "ice cream" questionnaires. Yes it may seem psychology fun for you but as an applicant that may take it serious it's a JOKE.

Yes I understand the psychology behind it but if you are going to take anyone seriously man up and talk to them personally. Don't let the computer do the dirty work for you the first round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aspen Heights (Starkville, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. They do a great job at communicating with you throughout the process. This job required me for 6 interviews. All interviews were scheduled promptly and the actual questions were challenging and require critical thinking. The communication throughout the process was outstanding. The recruiting team was extremely quick in response and were always there to help. The interviewing process was smooth and well put together.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation that required you to use your leadership skills in a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Construction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewing was a lengthy process. However during the process I was able to learn a lot about AH as a company, its culture and the folks I would working with. Meeting with each person or 2-3 person group in different settings was great! I felt right at home and very welcomed. The interviews were more like conversations and I felt completely comfortable. (Due to everyone that I spoke to being relaxed and proud of the work they do at AH and were more than willing to share and answer any questions that I had.)

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your spare time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. The hiring manager paid attention to my cover letter and knew what my salary requirements were before she called. (I received what I was asking for without hesitation... all parties satisfied from the first offer. There was no need for in depth negotiation.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was particularly thorough, but luckily the interviews were in quick succession, and I felt like I lost little time overall. I was taken aback by some of the questions (what's your favorite ice cream, what's your "spirit animal", etc., but the majority of the questions were to the point, and all of the employees were extremely inviting and helpful. So far (I've been working here for 1 month now) the interview process has been a fairly accurate representation of the company - lots of face-to-face interaction, helpful staff/coworkers, and a generally positive attitude surrounding the company.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was thorough yet pleasant; I met with a total of 6 interviewers. Initial contact was made by a recruiting specialist who conducted a pre-screening interview and then invited me to participate in a video interview. My next interview was conducted via Google Hangout and I was asked to submit references using a web based reference check. I then traveled to the corporate office where I had 2 more meetings, each with 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Management style? Future goals? Industry related questions? Scenarios?   Answer Question

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter a few days after I applied. I did a phone screen, a video interview (pretty cool questions) and then was asked to come in to office for a round of interviews. I was greeted by two of the recruiting people and spent an afternoon there. Everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest failure and how did you bounce back from it?   Answer Question

Sales & Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone pre-screen, then a personality video interview, then I interviewed with my future manager then an in person interview with my future regional manager and VP of sales and marketing.

The last interview was the most challenging because of the presentation.

Interview Questions

• If you could plan an event with no budget?   1 Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aspen Heights in December 2014.

Interview

Overall, the hiring process was very thorough and in-depth. The process included several phone calls with the recruiting team, a video interview with a senior HR team member, an in person interview with several members of the operations team and marketing team, a dinner with the operations team, and a video interview with the COO and the Director of Human Resources. Many of the interview questions were your typical interview questions that make you look at yourself and your weaknesses which are always tough, but not unexpected. I could tell in these interviews that a lot of the purpose was to find out how I would fit as team member with this company. The complete hiring process took over a month, and was capped off by a psychological assessment test. This included a 3 hour portion completed on your own, and a 3 hour proctored portion.

Due to the company having an in house recruiting team they are able to create an extensive interview process. While the process was very lengthy and quite in depth, now that I have accepted the position I know I will appreciate it going forward as I am seeking new talent.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took a risk/put yourself out there in your work and failed.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

I submitted my required materials online, contacted back by the respective manager, and then went in for a first round in-person interview. The last round was a phone interview. Both interviewers were friendly, but they were very knowledgable and challenged me to show and prove my knowledge of marketing tactics.

Interview Questions

• My most difficult question was an event planning question that asked how I would plan an event from top to bottom, and even what I would do if I had a different approach then that what was recommended from my manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is a part time job.

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX).

Interview

It was interviews with very few people

Negotiation

A nightmare