Aspen Institute

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arts Program Coordinator Interview

Arts Program Coordinator

I applied online - interviewed at Aspen Institute in April 2014.

Interview Details – I received an unexpected phone call from the Aspen Institute. My interviewer claimed it was a "pre-screen," yet he was asking me interview questions. He did not ask if this was a good time to speak and did not schedule the phone call with me.

Interview Question – The entire phone call interview was unexpected. I expect more professional etiquette from employers to schedule any form of interview rather than putting a potential candidate on the spot.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aspen Institute.

Interview Details – Varies depending on the program

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aspen Institute in November 2009.

Interview Details – I started out as an intern at the Aspen Institute and worked my way up. The best way to get hired is via internal reference. They will look for internal hires before looking for external hires (and even with external hires, as most jobs in Washington go, it IS about who you know).

Interview Question – What did you do as an intern for Aspen?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Aspen Institute in July 2010.

Interview Details – referral from former employee; first received phone call from current intern, then came to the office for 1:1 interview, then after given offer with no room to negotiate i accepted and began work within the month. all protocol was simply that as no other candidates were seriously considered. good for me at the time since i was unemployed for 6 months, bad for me in that i had no idea the psychotic nature of management, nor the lack of opportunities i would have. o well, i moved on :)

Interview Question – what makes you qualified for this job? unexpected in that i had multiple degrees and this position was far below my capabilities, which was known, but i guess they wanted to keep with protocol just this once   Answer Question

Aspen, CO

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aspen Institute in March 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email a few days later about a phone interview. I was abroad at the time, but they were very pleasant and arranged the interview around the extreme time difference. First phone interview was with 1 person, the second was with a panel of 3-4, and the third was with my future internship director. Overall great experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you let someone down.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took the offer as they gave it.

Interviewed at Aspen Institute

Interview Details – Usually interviewed by 2 program staff members. A short 15-20 minute interview and relatively conversational.

Interview Question – How does this position relate to your future career plan?   Answer Question

Worked for Aspen Institute? Contribute to the Community!