Aspen Skiing Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Accountant

Interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company

Interview Details – easy, filled out a lot of paperwork, not much else to say. they were desperate to hire someone and they hired me. the hiring and interview process was a no brainer. it was an easy interview and they were desperate to hire someone to fix there problems. they were lucky to get someone with my experience.

Interview Question – why did you move here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Ticketing Sales Interview

Ticketing Sales
Snowmass Village, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company in October 2012.

Interview Details – It's a rigorous application process, online. Attend a job fair and set up interviews while there. Have two follow up interviews asking a lot if great questions that allow you to really show who you are.

Interview Question – If you had to give up one of your passions, which would it be and why.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Cook I Interview

Cook I
Aspen, CO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company in November 2011.

Interview Details – HR is full of people who have no idea what's going on. Your best bet is to contact the managers directly where you want to work and proceed from there.

Interview Question – Please explain 5 situations where you solved a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Ski Instructor Interview

Ski Instructor
Aspen, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was more "intense" than I would have initially thought. I filled out an online application a few days before a local job fair. Having already completed the application, I was streamlined to the one-on-one interview portion of the process. That conversation lasted about 45 minutes, discussing my educational background, any teaching background I had, my level of experience working with kids (I was interviewing to teach skiing in one of the children programs), my proficiency in the sport, and generally gauging my personality. There were a few curve-ball questions regarding safety as the top priority, followed by fun and learning. In order to complete the process, I had to obtain three letters of recommendation to submit to the program coordinator (who, as it happened, was also the interviewer -- an aspect of the process that I liked and respected). A few weeks later, I received an e-mail offering me the job.

Interview Question – How would you react if you were told that you were being watched?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There are no real negotiation phases in the process. You are offered a part-time position with a base salary that is pre-determined by your qualifications. If you do not have any certifications from PSIA and do not have any previous experience instructing with the company, then you receive a job offer that pays $11/hour. No negotiations. That being said, if you go ahead and acquire your first level of certification from PSIA, you'll receive a pay raise, no questions asked. Also, after you've accumulated 75 hours of teaching hours with the company, you'll receive another pay raise. So even though the initial offer does not yield to negotiation, there is a clear path toward advancement.

Worked for Aspen Skiing Company? Contribute to the Community!