AspenTech

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Finance Position Interview

Senior Finance Position

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AspenTech in July 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was scheduled through an external recruiter and was with 2 senior members of the Finance team. The first interviewer literally appeared to have ADD, he talked for 25 minutes about only himself and how poor the staff in his Finance organization are, then spent all of 5 minutes asking about my background with no detailed questions or going any further than my current job. Extremely disorganized and scattered brain type of leader who's jumpy professional career matches his odd personality. The second interviewer was an old school Finance guy that went over my resume line by line, very boring and dry personality. Neither one of those interviewers did a good job to describe the culture of Aspen Tech or try to put a positive spin on the role. I literally walked away thinking that Aspen Tech is a complete train wreck. Called my recruiter right way and told him that I would never work for those people and he should recommend them a good professional interviewing seminar.

Interview Question – There were no technical or difficult questions, it was honestly quite a mess of an interivew that I hope never to encounter again.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AspenTech in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very quick to respond, process took about three weeks, with three interviews. People are easy to talk too, you can tell they brought you in because they want to hire you. Meet with lots of different people which is a plus.

Interview Question – Very straight forward nothing unexpected as long as you prepare   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Woburn, MA

I applied online - interviewed at AspenTech in May 2014.

Interview Details – I met with 3 people including HR. The people were friendly and I got along well with them. The employees are hard working and fast-paced with was what I was looking for.

Interview Question – I didn't find any of their questions to be difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Consultant Interview

Senior Technical Support Consultant

Interviewed at AspenTech

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter. Phone interview with team lead. Later went in for In-person group interview with major people at Office. Almost 100% of questions were behavioral, relating to managing customers in difficult situations.

You will have to make a presentation on a technical topic of your choice and you will ultimately present it to the group of people you interview with throughout the day.

Interview Question – None- all behavior questions. If you know barebones about tech. you won't have any issues and if you've had any real technical/customer service experience you'll be ok.The technical presentation threw me off initially but I listed to a technical podcast and put something together without issues.   Answer Question

Senior Manager of IT Interview

Senior Manager of IT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview Details – Hiring process is pretty straight forward. Several interviews with key people. You will be asked if you can handle a high stress job

Interview Question – work to life question was unexpected because they were looking for another answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – went thru agency

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview Details – I originally applied for the position via the Aspen website. I heard back roughly a little less than a month from HR asking for a quick phone interview to go overall the role. After the interview the recruiter said he would give his feedback to the hiring manager and depending upon their thoughts I would hear back. The next step was a phone interview with the hiring manager, he actually missed our scheduled time but quickly followed up via phone call and e-mail to reschedule. We talked for over an hour and it was a great conversation. I was brought on site about a week later and met about 4-5 people from the team for roughly 4 hours. Overall, it was a pretty fast moving interview process I was never taken off guard at any point. Most of the interview questions were extremely behavioral based (what management style you work best under, do you prefer working in a group or individually, do you like open office or cubicle seating,etc)

Interview Question – I was given an example of the instructional materials they create for the online training and asked what I would improve upon if I was working on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After the onsite visit I was given a verbal offer which was very nice compensation wise. I asked to negotiate salary and was told it was base pay based on the experience for the role. I accepted anyways because it was a pretty nice package in general. Once I accepted the verbal offer I was sent a huge packet with the official paperwork.

Software Developer I Interview

Software Developer I
Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AspenTech in May 2013.

Interview Details – There was a series of phone calls from managers in R&D with some technical questions.
This was followed by a Skype interview with HR, 2 managers in R&D, and a "new-hire" from the year before. It's a very friendly, easy process. Make sure you have a good connection for the Skype interview, as a poor connection can make understanding lengthy questions, or people with heavy accents more difficult.

Interview Question – They will ask some questions regarding technical aspects of programming (depending on the position you're interviewing for).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary, they offer the same package to everyone.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AspenTech in July 2012.

Interview Details – Got interview by applying for opening through advertisement on College Campus website.

I interviewed with 4 people, one at a time and then met with the HR person at the end. It was the standard interview by: meeting with a fellow worker and then meeting with the managers/leads.

I got an offer from them about 3 days later, and they only gave me one day to accept the offer. This was because it was nearing the end of their fiscal year and they wanted to make their numbers. They also weren't willing to budge on their deadline.

Interview Question – Tended to focus on a few of the "curveball" interview questions. These were more to test how you would figure out a problem as there was no way for me to prepare for this type of questioning. They also asked the standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seemed very informal there, which can be a good thing in certain circumstances, but in this case it made it seem like it was very unprofessional to work there. They also were opening a second building up in Nashua NH, and I wasn't a fan of having to travel back and forth between different locations to work.

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AspenTech in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by email for a phone interview with senior manager. It was a 45 minute interview discussing general OOP and my resume. About two days later, I received an email to set up a skype interview with four different people (two group managers, one entry level engineer, HR) over Skype. Interview was not technical at all; It was actually quite astonishing.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions if you know OOP. Most difficult for a non-programmer I suppose would be to describe pointers.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was well below average for an entry-level chemical engineer and relocation was not offered.

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AspenTech in March 2013.

Interview Details – The two interviewers were very nice and overall pretty light hearted guys. I felt very comfortable during the interview and I felt that I did very well. They didn't ask any technical questions, mostly behavioral. They did bring up certain classes I took after taking a look at my transcript, but nothing that really blind sided me.

Interview Question – Why did you do so poorly in one of your classes?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AspenTech

Worked for AspenTech? Contribute to the Community!