AspenTech

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.7

Senior Finance Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at AspenTech in July 2014.

Interview was scheduled through an external recruiter and was with 2 senior members of the Finance team. The first interviewer literally appeared to have ADD, he talked for 25 minutes about only himself and how poor the staff in his Finance organization are, then spent all of 5 minutes asking about my background with no detailed questions or going any further than my current job. Extremely disorganized and scattered brain type of leader who's jumpy professional career matches his odd personality. The second interviewer was an old school Finance guy that went over my resume line by line, very boring and dry personality. Neither one of those interviewers did a good job to describe the culture of Aspen Tech or try to put a positive spin on the role. I literally walked away thinking that Aspen Tech is a complete train wreck. Called my recruiter right way and told him that I would never work for those people and he should recommend them a good professional interviewing seminar.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical or difficult questions, it was honestly quite a mess of an interivew that I hope never to encounter again.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Consultant Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Phone interview with team lead. Later went in for In-person group interview with major people at Office. Almost 100% of questions were behavioral, relating to managing customers in difficult situations.

You will have to make a presentation on a technical topic of your choice and you will ultimately present it to the group of people you interview with throughout the day.

Interview Questions
    • None- all behavior questions. If you know barebones about tech. you won't have any issues and if you've had any real technical/customer service experience you'll be ok.The technical presentation threw me off initially but I listed to a technical podcast and put something together without issues.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online – interviewed at AspenTech in May 2014.

I met with 3 people including HR. The people were friendly and I got along well with them. The employees are hard working and fast-paced with was what I was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of their questions to be difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Senior Manager of IT Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AspenTech.

Hiring process is pretty straight forward. Several interviews with key people. You will be asked if you can handle a high stress job

Interview Questions
    • work to life question was unexpected because they were looking for another answer   Answer Question
    went thru agency

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AspenTech.

I originally applied for the position via the Aspen website. I heard back roughly a little less than a month from HR asking for a quick phone interview to go overall the role. After the interview the recruiter said he would give his feedback to the hiring manager and depending upon their thoughts I would hear back. The next step was a phone interview with the hiring manager, he actually missed our scheduled time but quickly followed up via phone call and e-mail to reschedule. We talked for over an hour and it was a great conversation. I was brought on site about a week later and met about 4-5 people from the team for roughly 4 hours. Overall, it was a pretty fast moving interview process I was never taken off guard at any point. Most of the interview questions were extremely behavioral based (what management style you work best under, do you prefer working in a group or individually, do you like open office or cubicle seating,etc)

Interview Questions
    • I was given an example of the instructional materials they create for the online training and asked what I would improve upon if I was working on it.   Answer Question
    After the onsite visit I was given a verbal offer which was very nice compensation wise. I asked to negotiate salary and was told it was base pay based on the experience for the role. I accepted anyways because it was a pretty nice package in general. Once I accepted the verbal offer I was sent a huge packet with the official paperwork.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AspenTech in January 2014.

Very quick to respond, process took about three weeks, with three interviews. People are easy to talk too, you can tell they brought you in because they want to hire you. Meet with lots of different people which is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Very straight forward nothing unexpected as long as you prepare   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AspenTech.

Very lengthy, it is a screening with recuriter. After that if she feels you are able to full role, she pass you on to the Manager who works in Boston. Once you pass that, you then move on to a process whichs takes all afternoon. I was there for a 5 hour interview. 6 different people come in and interview you seperately and have to rate you.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AspenTech in June 2013.

Initially contacted by email for a phone interview with senior manager. It was a 45 minute interview discussing general OOP and my resume. About two days later, I received an email to set up a skype interview with four different people (two group managers, one entry level engineer, HR) over Skype. Interview was not technical at all; It was actually quite astonishing.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions if you know OOP. Most difficult for a non-programmer I suppose would be to describe pointers.   Answer Question

Salary was well below average for an entry-level chemical engineer and relocation was not offered.

Software Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AspenTech in May 2013.

There was a series of phone calls from managers in R&D with some technical questions.
    This was followed by a Skype interview with HR, 2 managers in R&D, and a "new-hire" from the year before. It's a very friendly, easy process. Make sure you have a good connection for the Skype interview, as a poor connection can make understanding lengthy questions, or people with heavy accents more difficult.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask some questions regarding technical aspects of programming (depending on the position you're interviewing for).   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary, they offer the same package to everyone.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AspenTech.

This was on campus interview with 2 people. The guy from the company was awesome and knowledgeable. Another person was a lady from HR - very lame and shallow. Her questions were soooo standard - "And why Aspen technology?" Dahah...

Interview Questions
    • Was given a real-life situation, and asked to address it.   Answer Question
    Honestly, the process is not transparent at all. MY team is great, but the HR is a pain...