Aspire Public Schools

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.4

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Oakland, CA).

Interview

It was quick and intense. First a phone interview, then a panel interview. Then one on one interviews and skills test. If you make it past this a thorough background check is done and then a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aspire.   1 Answer

Instructional Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

i applied online and then they called me like a week after I applied. I was given a day to come in to interview. The interview was about 20 minutes. It was myself and three employees in the interview room. They all asked questions

Interview Questions

• My education, experience with students. What would I do with students with a behavior problem and "tell us a time" when you had a student behavior problem and a time when you and a coworker didn't agree.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations at all. They don't budge

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aspire Public Schools in February 2015.

Interview

causal meeting, they asked about your background, experience, personality questions, how you react in different situation, why you apply the job, how much you know about the organization and basic skill questions and how would you use to process your work. Generally speaking, it was intense but they were nice and good listeners.

After School Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aspire Public Schools.

Interview

Online application with resume and cover letter. Then waited quite awhile to hear from someone. Was asked schedule over phone and then asked to come in for one on on interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating, Aspire has caps on positions

Office Assistant Interview

Interview

The hiring process was smooth, there was always easy access to neede staff if I had questions. The interview process was by phone. They paid close attention to the questions I asked and even gave me a project based on some of those questions. I interviewed with two people, both were attentive and had a good sense of humor.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't know the answer to something?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aspire Public Schools.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• Compare two websites - why do you prefer the user interface of one over the other?   Answer Question

Education Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Stockton, CA).

Interview

there were 2 phone interviews, then a panel of interviewers with questions, finishing with a demonstration teaching a subject and standard of their choice. I did know it ahead of time so I could prepare to teach and my materials

Interview Questions

• None, but very scrutinizing and judgmental.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was considerable. I asked for more money to compare with a previous teaching position. I did get some more, but not what I was asking. In hinds sight, I should have seen these as red flags. Don't take the job.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Stockton, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

screening phone interview, teaching demo, panel interview, It will change this year to include new componants unknown to me.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't as much as a question as it was the facial expression or lack of expression during interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had little wiggle room. ASK lots of questions about what job responsibilites are going to be to the on site administrator and look at your working area to make sure it is acceptable. Also ask what materials will be available for your use.