Associa

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.4

Manager Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Associa.

Answered ad on Craigslist. Received a call 3 days later. Met with HR and hiring manager the same day. Both representatives was pretty nice and professional. I felt right at home during the entire process. I wanted the job!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Standard interview questions. What are your strengths/weakness? Time management, difficult customers, etc.   Answer Question
    There is none. Pay is set in stone.

Association Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Associa.

Was a three interview process with many probing and uncomfortable questions.

Interview Questions
    • In the second interview there was a question regarding my religious practice. In the third interview the market CEO wanted to know my birth order.   View Answer
    They would not negotiate on compensation.

Account Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Associa in August 2013.

Very informal nothing to different to the form or process of a normal interview. Most of the hiring process is done through temporary agency. Once accepted by the agency they will have one option to meet with hiring manager for their decision.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Associa in August 2013.

I got an interview through Manpower. The interview went extremely well and I felt comfortable to talk and be open. He offered me a position immediately and I will start work tomorrow. He talked about there is tons of room for advancement which is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected just make sure you are excited and interested, which I definitely was.   Answer Question
    No negotiation just said that if I am interested contact my employment agency.

Community Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Associa in July 2013.

After a brief phone conversation with HR , I was invited to come in for an interview in their office. Interview was with an HR associate and two managers. Both managers were unprepared for the interview as they kept me waiting for over 30 minutes and had no idea which position I came in to interview for. They didn't have any questions prepared and seemed to ask random questions that came to mind. One of the hiring managers looked like he didn't want to hire me from the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was unexpected was the lack of questions they asked about my skills and background,   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Associa in April 2012.

Interview was direct and to the point. At the time in 2012 they were experiencing a lot of turnover and poor morale. Questions asked revolved around prior experience, how you would handle different situations regarding homeowner complaints, board demands and maintenance situations as well as your knowledge of accounting, management, budgeting, financial analysis, various computer programs.

Accounts Payable Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Associa in January 2010.

The company posted an ad on Craigslist to which I replied. I was contacted less than a week later by the direct supervisor. We went over my resume with regular interview questions. I was told to take the drug test after one interview. I started as soon as my background check came in. It all moved very smoothly for which I was grateful.

Community Manager/Portfolio Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Associa.

HR calls unannounced and requests interview on location the next morning and stresses
    this with a sense of urgency. Further, the HR person did not provide the names and
    positions of those who would be conducting the interview and did not offer a preliminary
    phone interview. Lots of uncertainty and questions. Company is located way, way out
    of metro area...almost to the mountains!?! My instincts said, "RUN, RUN, RUN".

Job turned out to be an over-glorified property manager position requiring up to 100 miles
    per day of driving to property locations in one's own personal car (LOL, LOL)! Sure, right.
    Why is the position open? Most likely because the predecessor QUIT!! Pay quoted by
    HR person was lousy and very low, especially for the DC area.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Hiring managers had obviously not pre-read resume.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Associa in May 2010.

Fairly straightforward and easy

Interview Questions
    Not much for initial negotiation