Associated Regional and University Pathologists

Associated Regional and University Pathologists Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists.

Interview

The process took weeks between submitting my application and receiving a call. After an initial phone interview things happened quickly. I interviewed with multiple supervisors in one interview and received multiple offers only a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions: describe a time you faced adversity and how did you overcome it...blah blah blah   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

They gave me time to tell about myself, and then they read off many standard interview questions which I felt helped me tell more about my personal experiences. The odd thing about the interview was that I was on one end of a conference room while the two interviewers were half way across the room.

IT Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Approximately one week after submitting my application online, I was invited to participate in a digital interview. The digital interview took about 30 minutes to complete and mostly involved questions about relevant work experience, basic qualifications, industry background, etc. Three days after the digital interview, I was contacted by a corporate recruiter about scheduling an on-site interview with the hiring manager. The on-site interview was conducted by the hiring manager and senior BA on the project. Overall, the interview was more difficult than I've experienced at other companies. Lots of questions that asked me to describe specific past experience, e.g: - Describe a project where you made an improvement. - Describe a scenario where you had a disagreement or difference of opinion with a developer. - Describe a project that pushed your analytical skills to the limits - Describe a scenario where you had to choose between a strategic or tactical approach. These were accompanied by a handful of technical questions aimed to determine how well I could communicate with an implementation team. A few days later, I was invited to participate in a second on-site interview. This time with the project manager. The second interview followed the same course as the first--again, lots of experience-based questions and anecdotal answers. I received of offer of employment about two weeks after the second on-site interview. During that time, I was frequently in touch with the corporate recruiter who was very forthcoming about the hiring process and my application status. At no time was I ever in the dark about my candidacy. I declined the position in favor of a more competitive offer, but overall, my interview experience at ARUP was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that pushed your analytical skills to the limits   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

They use this HireVue process. You're talking to a computer. This is a strong indication as to what you can expect from this company.

Interview Questions

• Questions are very detailed on minute topics. It is hard to say what was most difficult. Lot of bozos behind the glass.   Answer Question

very creepy feeling from this company. Who wants to be hired by a computer?

ASM Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

I completed the video interview at the ARUP human resources department. In hindsight I would have liked more control over the environmental backdrop and lighting. I found the HireVue format interesting and appreciated having a practice video questions option. I was called back for an in person interview. The group interview included the department supervisor and the Automated Specimen Management trainer.

Interview Questions

• The trainer asked whether I had a problem with repetitive processes.   Answer Question

Software QA Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received an email in 2, 3 days that Resume was shortlisted and had to give a video interview (offline) which lasted for about 30 minutes. General questions were asked. 1. Received a call from the HRD and was given a date and time to attend the interview 2. Supervisor walked down and received me at the reception. Interview was conducted by the Director and the Supervisor. Both were very friendly and listened well. 3. Only relevant questions specific to the position were asked. 4. Questions about experience, stress management, timeline adherence, assets were also asked. 5. Details about the contractual tie-up for hiring were discussed 6. Got a call from the HRD the same day that I was selected and was asked to come back and meet the HRs for pay negotiations. 7. Details of the hiring payroll consultancy were shared and was asked to finish formalities there - like background verification and drug test 8. Process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• About handling critical scenarios as a team player with a troublesome team mate. Q : What would you do if one of your team mates is too nosy and picky of what you do and keep making suggestions? He is your senior and is experienced in what you do. How would you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not really negotiate. I accepted whatever I was offered as I was unaware of the market standards then. Advice : No harm in expressing your views with the HR. They listen and understand well.

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists.

Interview

I applied online and two months later got a phone interview. A couple weeks later an in-person interview, and then I never heard from them again. Still not sure if the position is filled or not.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, mostly the people doing the interviews were grumpy.   Answer Question

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2012.

Interview

ARUP is huge, but I didn't have much trouble to find the correct entrance. I was about 30 min earlier. After registration at the front desk, I waited about 30-35 min, which wasn't fun. I was contacted by HR and scheduled for on-site two weeks later. It was one hour group interview, a R&D vice president, a medical director, a group manager, a group lead, and a postdoc fellow. There were mainly behavioral questions and general technical questions, like "tell me about your experience with ..."

Lab Technician/Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2012.

Interview

It was very pleasant and quite informal. It was set up rather quickly; once the hiring manager called, she wanted to set up the interview for early the next day. It was one-on-one with one of the managers, it a slightly awkwardly-small room, and was followed by a tour of the testing area where I would be working and meeting other employees with similar jobs, or that coordinated with the position for which I was interviewing.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my laboratory experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2011.

Interview

Very friendly process, but took quite a while to get a response after initially applying. Then I had a phone interview and a group panel interview following that. Human resources department was helpful and friendly throughout the entire process.