Associated Regional and University Pathologists Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.6

Software QA Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists in August 2013.

Applied online, received an email in 2, 3 days that Resume was shortlisted and had to give a video interview (offline) which lasted for about 30 minutes. General questions were asked.

1. Received a call from the HRD and was given a date and time to attend the interview
    2. Supervisor walked down and received me at the reception. Interview was conducted by the Director and the Supervisor. Both were very friendly and listened well.
    3. Only relevant questions specific to the position were asked.
    4. Questions about experience, stress management, timeline adherence, assets were also asked.
    5. Details about the contractual tie-up for hiring were discussed
    6. Got a call from the HRD the same day that I was selected and was asked to come back and meet the HRs for pay negotiations.
    7. Details of the hiring payroll consultancy were shared and was asked to finish formalities there - like background verification and drug test
    8. Process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • About handling critical scenarios as a team player with a troublesome team mate.

Q : What would you do if one of your team mates is too nosy and picky of what you do and keep making suggestions? He is your senior and is experienced in what you do. How would you handle it?
        View Answer
    I did not really negotiate. I accepted whatever I was offered as I was unaware of the market standards then.

Advice : No harm in expressing your views with the HR. They listen and understand well.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists in March 2014.

They use this HireVue process. You're talking to a computer. This is a strong indication as to what you can expect from this company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are very detailed on minute topics. It is hard to say what was most difficult. Lot of bozos behind the glass.   Answer Question

very creepy feeling from this company. Who wants to be hired by a computer?

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists in July 2010.

It was very relaxed. They did a great job of bringing me out of the conversation and getting to know me. It was just one interview and lasted maybe 30 minutes. It was a great experience.

Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists in August 2009.

The questions are pretty simple. They mostly want to know how you resolve conflict and if you would work well with others. My job consisted of working a lot with clients and a lot of other departments. There were two people doing the interview, the department supervisor and another employee. They told me they would get back to me within the week and they were prompt with that.

Interview Questions
    • They asked typical interview questions like greatest strength/weakness, how you would handle certain situations. The interview was not difficult.   Answer Question
    This was an entry level position so I just took the offer they gave me. There are many opportunities to move up within my department.

ASM Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists in September 2013.

I completed the video interview at the ARUP human resources department. In hindsight I would have liked more control over the environmental backdrop and lighting. I found the HireVue format interesting and appreciated having a practice video questions option. I was called back for an in person interview. The group interview included the department supervisor and the Automated Specimen Management trainer.

Interview Questions
    • The trainer asked whether I had a problem with repetitive processes.   Answer Question

Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists in November 2010.

long, complicated, recruiters are always understaffed and seem unimformed

Interview Questions
    they weren't really open to negotiation

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists in April 2009.

phone interview, on-site interview with dept., second interview with team, and then offer.

Writer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists.

I applied online and two months later got a phone interview. A couple weeks later an in-person interview, and then I never heard from them again. Still not sure if the position is filled or not.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, mostly the people doing the interviews were grumpy.   Answer Question

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists in April 2012.

ARUP is huge, but I didn't have much trouble to find the correct entrance. I was about 30 min earlier. After registration at the front desk, I waited about 30-35 min, which wasn't fun. I was contacted by HR and scheduled for on-site two weeks later. It was one hour group interview, a R&D vice president, a medical director, a group manager, a group lead, and a postdoc fellow. There were mainly behavioral questions and general technical questions, like "tell me about your experience with ..."

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Associated Regional and University Pathologists in May 2009.

I already worked in the department that I was hired as the Document Control Specialist for, however I was still required to interview. I actaully appreciated this since it was clear that equal opportunity was given to each applicant. I was not simply given the position.
    On a negative note, I recall that those that interviewed me didn't seem to have a strong grasp on exactly what I would be doing. Now that I am in the position, I feel that including another Document Control Specialist would have been incredibly beneficial for both myself and the hiring supervisor to get a better grasp on my ability to perform in the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Associated Regional and University Pathologists? Contribute to the Community!