Associated Renewable

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst & Grants Specialist Interview

Financial Analyst & Grants Specialist

Interviewed at Associated Renewable

Interview Details – Multiple rounds in a conference room, which is actually the conference room for the shared office space. Their office is one room, probably 150 square feet maximum.

They will brag non-stop about how their company is expected to achieve hyper growth and how they already have offices in multiple locations around the world. Not true.

They'll send even the other interns in to interview you to make the company look bigger.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was.. 3 to 9 month internship trial period and afterwards a sweet deal of three year career and salary projection, starting at 55k plus commission and working up to senior analyst. total bs.

Sales Executive/Account Manager Interview

Sales Executive/Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Associated Renewable in January 2014.

Interview Details – I received confirmation for an interview after I inquired to this position. I was asked to confirm a 15 minute slot in an afternoon window provided to me. I was confirmed that my interview would be with "members of the human resources and executive teams." and to ask for the human resources department.

Entering the room, it was quickly obvious that there was not office, and they were simply renting an office to do interviews from an on-demand office space company - a virtual office place.

After arriving over :30 early, and not seeing anybody leave, the person who had the interview slot prior to me arrived and was seen over 15 minutes late (effectively putting my interview time at well over an hour after I had arrived and nearly :30 after I was supposed to).

The interviewer had only been with the company for 4 months and asked many standard questions. After asking me if I had any questions, I had quite a few standard questions - such as "what is the specific nature of this job", "what is the salary structure" or "breakdown of the salary - base/commission" (or "target breakdown") and "what is the vision of the company" and "expansion projection"......to which I was simply told "that's a second interview question."

These answers were so unappealing as a future employee - I left after a handshake - and never returned their request for me to come to a second round interview (which was another 15 minute slot on a specific afternoon).

Interview Question – The interview questions ranged from typical "how did you overcome a difficult situation" to "what are your strengths". It was a very short interview with about 10 minutes of quick direct boilerplate questions.   Answer Question

Intern - Mechanical Engineer Interview

Intern - Mechanical Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Associated Renewable in November 2013.

Interview Details – Unprofessional and didn't seem like they knew what they were doing. They have two different interviews, I made it to the first one and at the end of the interview they didn't ask if I had any questions. Once the secretary came in to tell them the next interviewer was there, they wrapped things up and ended the interview without asking if I had questions, which to me seemed rude and unprofessional even if they weren't going to hire me. Despite what has happened, I asked if I was allowed to ask questions. For most of my questions, they said "that's a second round interview question." It's unclear to me as to why they could not answer questions such as "Is this a paid of unpaid internship?" and "What would I be doing within my first 30 days of work if I were accepted?" On top of this, the best answer they could give me for "What methods do you use in the office to reduce your carbon footprint?" was: "We don't fax and we take public transportation." If you treat your interviewees with disrespect, I would only assume the same for your employees.

Interview Question – They just went over my resume and asked questions based on my experience and leadership roles.   Answer Question

Energy Engineer Interview

Energy Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Associated Renewable.

Interview Details – There was only one interview with the lead engineer. The process was a bit strange since there was no phone interview and only one in person interview. It was clear the interviewer was new to interviewing so the entire interview consisted of rehashing my resume. Overall it was a very easy interview where I just went through the contents of my resume.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with energy modeling?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Compensation structure was laid out but company did not follow through with their terms.

Interb Interview

Interb
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Associated Renewable in March 2011.

Interview Details – I found the job opening for an intern via my university website, and sent an email to the company with my resume and cover letter. Within a couple days I was asked to schedule an interview which I did. I came in for the interview and met with two of the top executives at the company, and was asked a couple questions. The office seemed pretty barren at that point as the company was founded just at the beginning of the year and trying to expand.

Interview Question – What did you learn about the company from our website?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

Interview Details – The boss interviewed directly. It's mainly about what you have done in school. He'll talk a lot about this company. He may say he'll send you an Excel project to finish. However, he may not.

Interview Question – What are you doing now?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Associated Renewable? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Associated Renewable interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Associated Renewable employees and interview candidates.