Associated Renewable

Associated Renewable Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Associated Renewable.

Interview

I did a three month engineering training internship with Associated Renewable. The interview process was fairly straightforward with two in person interviews and a writing sample. As an engineering intern there I was trained in energy systems for larger buildings. I recommend reading the studies and reports section of their website to get an idea of the type of work they do. The website itself has a lot of useful information. The bosses and employees are all cordial and easy to get along with. It was definitely a good experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Multiple rounds in a conference room, which is actually the conference room for the shared office space. Their office is one room, probably 150 square feet maximum.

They will brag non-stop about how their company is expected to achieve hyper growth and how they already have offices in multiple locations around the world. Not true.

They'll send even the other interns in to interview you to make the company look bigger.

Negotiation

Negotiation was.. 3 to 9 month internship trial period and afterwards a sweet deal of three year career and salary projection, starting at 55k plus commission and working up to senior analyst. total bs.

Sales Executive/Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Associated Renewable (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I received confirmation for an interview after I inquired to this position. I was asked to confirm a 15 minute slot in an afternoon window provided to me. I was confirmed that my interview would be with "members of the human resources and executive teams." and to ask for the human resources department.

Entering the room, it was quickly obvious that there was not office, and they were simply renting an office to do interviews from an on-demand office space company - a virtual office place.

After arriving over :30 early, and not seeing anybody leave, the person who had the interview slot prior to me arrived and was seen over 15 minutes late (effectively putting my interview time at well over an hour after I had arrived and nearly :30 after I was supposed to).

The interviewer had only been with the company for 4 months and asked many standard questions. After asking me if I had any questions, I had quite a few standard questions - such as "what is the specific nature of this job", "what is the salary structure" or "breakdown of the salary - base/commission" (or "target breakdown") and "what is the vision of the company" and "expansion projection"......to which I was simply told "that's a second interview question."

These answers were so unappealing as a future employee - I left after a handshake - and never returned their request for me to come to a second round interview (which was another 15 minute slot on a specific afternoon).

Interview Questions

• The interview questions ranged from typical "how did you overcome a difficult situation" to "what are your strengths". It was a very short interview with about 10 minutes of quick direct boilerplate questions.   Answer Question

Intern - Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Associated Renewable (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Unprofessional and didn't seem like they knew what they were doing. They have two different interviews, I made it to the first one and at the end of the interview they didn't ask if I had any questions. Once the secretary came in to tell them the next interviewer was there, they wrapped things up and ended the interview without asking if I had questions, which to me seemed rude and unprofessional even if they weren't going to hire me. Despite what has happened, I asked if I was allowed to ask questions. For most of my questions, they said "that's a second round interview question." It's unclear to me as to why they could not answer questions such as "Is this a paid of unpaid internship?" and "What would I be doing within my first 30 days of work if I were accepted?" On top of this, the best answer they could give me for "What methods do you use in the office to reduce your carbon footprint?" was: "We don't fax and we take public transportation." If you treat your interviewees with disrespect, I would only assume the same for your employees.

Interview Questions

• They just went over my resume and asked questions based on my experience and leadership roles.   Answer Question

Energy Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Associated Renewable.

Interview

There was only one interview with the lead engineer. The process was a bit strange since there was no phone interview and only one in person interview. It was clear the interviewer was new to interviewing so the entire interview consisted of rehashing my resume. Overall it was a very easy interview where I just went through the contents of my resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Compensation structure was laid out but company did not follow through with their terms.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Associated Renewable (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

The boss interviewed directly. It's mainly about what you have done in school. He'll talk a lot about this company. He may say he'll send you an Excel project to finish. However, he may not.

Interb Interview

Application

Interview

I found the job opening for an intern via my university website, and sent an email to the company with my resume and cover letter. Within a couple days I was asked to schedule an interview which I did. I came in for the interview and met with two of the top executives at the company, and was asked a couple questions. The office seemed pretty barren at that point as the company was founded just at the beginning of the year and trying to expand.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn about the company from our website?   1 Answer