Associated Renewable

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Executive/Account Manager Interview

Sales Executive/Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Associated Renewable in January 2014.

Interview Details – I received confirmation for an interview after I inquired to this position. I was asked to confirm a 15 minute slot in an afternoon window provided to me. I was confirmed that my interview would be with "members of the human resources and executive teams." and to ask for the human resources department.

Entering the room, it was quickly obvious that there was not office, and they were simply renting an office to do interviews from an on-demand office space company - a virtual office place.

After arriving over :30 early, and not seeing anybody leave, the person who had the interview slot prior to me arrived and was seen over 15 minutes late (effectively putting my interview time at well over an hour after I had arrived and nearly :30 after I was supposed to).

The interviewer had only been with the company for 4 months and asked many standard questions. After asking me if I had any questions, I had quite a few standard questions - such as "what is the specific nature of this job", "what is the salary structure" or "breakdown of the salary - base/commission" (or "target breakdown") and "what is the vision of the company" and "expansion projection"......to which I was simply told "that's a second interview question."

These answers were so unappealing as a future employee - I left after a handshake - and never returned their request for me to come to a second round interview (which was another 15 minute slot on a specific afternoon).

Interview Question – The interview questions ranged from typical "how did you overcome a difficult situation" to "what are your strengths". It was a very short interview with about 10 minutes of quick direct boilerplate questions.   Answer Question

Intern - Mechanical Engineer Interview

Intern - Mechanical Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Associated Renewable in November 2013.

Interview Details – Unprofessional and didn't seem like they knew what they were doing. They have two different interviews, I made it to the first one and at the end of the interview they didn't ask if I had any questions. Once the secretary came in to tell them the next interviewer was there, they wrapped things up and ended the interview without asking if I had questions, which to me seemed rude and unprofessional even if they weren't going to hire me. Despite what has happened, I asked if I was allowed to ask questions. For most of my questions, they said "that's a second round interview question." It's unclear to me as to why they could not answer questions such as "Is this a paid of unpaid internship?" and "What would I be doing within my first 30 days of work if I were accepted?" On top of this, the best answer they could give me for "What methods do you use in the office to reduce your carbon footprint?" was: "We don't fax and we take public transportation." If you treat your interviewees with disrespect, I would only assume the same for your employees.

Interview Question – They just went over my resume and asked questions based on my experience and leadership roles.   Answer Question

Interb Interview

Interb
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Associated Renewable in March 2011.

Interview Details – I found the job opening for an intern via my university website, and sent an email to the company with my resume and cover letter. Within a couple days I was asked to schedule an interview which I did. I came in for the interview and met with two of the top executives at the company, and was asked a couple questions. The office seemed pretty barren at that point as the company was founded just at the beginning of the year and trying to expand.

Interview Question – What did you learn about the company from our website?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

Interview Details – The boss interviewed directly. It's mainly about what you have done in school. He'll talk a lot about this company. He may say he'll send you an Excel project to finish. However, he may not.

Interview Question – What are you doing now?   Answer Question

Worked for Associated Renewable? Contribute to the Community!