Associated Students (Cal Poly)

www.asi.calpoly.edu
  www.asi.calpoly.edu

Associated Students (Cal Poly) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

3.2

Facility Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly).

The hiring and interview process was difficult, more than I expected. I would suggest to be very prepared in situation-based questions. When I was interviewed, it was a 2:1 situation and it was a lot of pressure to come up with so many situational examples on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had any difficulties with management, and describe what you did to fix the problem?   Answer Question
    No room to negotiate.

Human Resources Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly) in May 2012.

Great interview process; just two people on the interview committee for the first interview; three people on the committee for the second interview; felt comfortable throughout the whole process

Interview Questions
    • If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be and why?   View Answer

Events Student Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cal Poly University, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cal Poly University, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly) in March 2011.

I applied for this position via Cal Poly Jobs, and was contacted less than a week after I submitted my application. They asked me to come in for an interview in the Cal Poly Business Office. This was a formal interview with three other people besides me. Each person held a list of questions and space for note taking (while I responded to the questions they asked). They went through the list and asked questions like: Talk about a time you planned an event that went wrong / what did you do? This interview was basically just asking to talk about previous experiences and how they relate to event planning. It was about 15 minutes long. About a week after this, they called and asked me to come in for another interview. This interview was much more relaxed and they began the conversation by telling me that they just wanted to get to know me more. They asked what my friends would describe me as, as well as what my closet looked like, and what my favorite event at Cal Poly has been so far. Less than a week after this, I was contacted and told that I received the job.

Interview Questions
    • If I had planned a concert event for thousands of students on campus, and the band showed up 2 hours late, what would I do? What would I tell the students?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was present. They made sure to ask about my schedule & what times would work for me to begin working.

Human Resource Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Associated Students (Cal Poly) in September 2010.

Very specific in the talent they are looking for when recruiting for the HR Student Assistant role. They look for top candidates and are much more picky than other positions.