Association Member Benefits Advisors

2.3

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors.

I was contacted for an interview. We met at a local hotel lobby, which I found a little odd. The interview was very informal, which was good. She said she liked me so much she was going to do the second part of the interview process at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • She did not ask questions regarding my experience or how I think I would do in certain sales situations. It was almost like she was selling me on the job.   Answer Question

It seemed like a scam. You have to pay for training and licenses to work for them. I have never heard of a reputable company making sales associates pay to be trained.

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in July 2014.

I was contacted via email from the district manager to come into the Schaumburg office. I came in with reservations because this was A) a sales job, which is a job I hate and have done twice before with little to no success, b) straight commission, which can be hit or miss depending on the type of sales job, and C) the last job I wanted to take, so all of those I addressed in the interview. The district manager eased my fears a little by sharing her personal story with me about how she rose in the ranks of the company, as well as assured me that this position and AMBA are different because of their proven track record of delivering what they promise to teachers and employees of AMBA. I have given myself six months to give it a try as I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, but thanks to doing my research beforehand through Glassdoor and the BBB, I didn't go into this interview with blinders on.

Interview Questions
    • When you were doing Sales with Sears Holdings Company did you feel confident about what you were selling?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in July 2014.

This is the first interview and it went well. Very through and I did a 12minute math test. The interview was about the company and what they offer. The best thing I found out is that they give residual so eventually you could retire on the work you have already done.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors.

Met with local sales manager multiple times. Informative interview, typical stuff. Answered any question I had honestly. Interview process took about one week. Met at company headquarters in Austin, TX and at a coffee shop once because the sales manager was running sales appointments.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in January 2014.

They say You can make $90,000 the first year plus residuals after that.. They don't tell You about the turnover. Insist on going to one of their weekly meeting before accepting You have to pay for your own training. $568 dollars for a week and actually the training was very good.

No negotiation

Benefit Advisers & District Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in January 2014.

Company works between a 2 -4 step interview process. They are very selective with the people they hire because of the State Endorsements

Interview Questions
    • As simple as this sounds they were trying to find out about my work ethics and morals. They work in the retired market and they do their due diligence on making sure your are the right person for their position even with the background check.   View Answer
    It was tough because they had other qualified candidates but I made it because I did well on their test and throughout the interview process (3 steps for me)

Benefits Advisers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in November 2013.

Multi interviews, testing required to make sure I was good fit
    Walked me thru getting my temorary license
    Answered my two pages worth of questions, really seemed to be upfront about all of it

Interview Questions
    • What makes you stand out above everyone else they interviewed?
      Highly selective in who they bring on board.
        View Answer

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors.

I was contacted initially by phone regarding my resume. After a brief phone screen I was invited to come in for an initial interview. The manager asked about my previous work experience, etc. and then they called me back for a 2nd interview. They asked me to bring a detailed list of questions to 2nd interview and the manager answered all of them in detail. All the details were explained clearly without hiding anything. I got a good vibe from the recruiter and everything that was promised was delivered, and then some.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation...standard sales agreement.

Benefits Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors.

Very excited bunch of people looking for people who are driven and can work 100% commission

None, 100% commission.

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in September 2012.

Met District Manager at a career fair. Was invited out to local office in Schaumburg, IL the next day. Local office has since moved to Lisle, IL. Very professional and nice office. Was shown a power point presentation on the district managers laptop. Asked for a few days to research company prior to making a decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a bad day? Example-- What if you set 3 appointments 2 hours away and your 1st appointment has a note on the door (sorry have to reschedule)--- 2nd appointment says the husband had a tee time, but you can present to me (wife)----- 3rd appointment has clear underwriting requirement issues they might not be able to meet (you see wheel chair and/or oxygen tank)   Answer Question

This process felt more like AMBA trying to find a warm body! Not really interviewing me to see if I was a proper fit. Would I represent the company values correctly? My resume does not reflect my selling background. Was told that was ok but no probe into my selling experience and why I felt like I would be a good candidate.