Association Member Benefits Advisors

Updated Jul 31, 2014
Updated Jul 31, 2014

2.4

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in July 2014.

This is the first interview and it went well. Very through and I did a 12minute math test. The interview was about the company and what they offer. The best thing I found out is that they give residual so eventually you could retire on the work you have already done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in July 2014.

I was contacted via email from the district manager to come into the Schaumburg office. I came in with reservations because this was A) a sales job, which is a job I hate and have done twice before with little to no success, b) straight commission, which can be hit or miss depending on the type of sales job, and C) the last job I wanted to take, so all of those I addressed in the interview. The district manager eased my fears a little by sharing her personal story with me about how she rose in the ranks of the company, as well as assured me that this position and AMBA are different because of their proven track record of delivering what they promise to teachers and employees of AMBA. I have given myself six months to give it a try as I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, but thanks to doing my research beforehand through Glassdoor and the BBB, I didn't go into this interview with blinders on.

Interview Questions
    • When you were doing Sales with Sears Holdings Company did you feel confident about what you were selling?   View Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in January 2014.

They say You can make $90,000 the first year plus residuals after that.. They don't tell You about the turnover. Insist on going to one of their weekly meeting before accepting You have to pay for your own training. $568 dollars for a week and actually the training was very good.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in September 2010.

I interviewed with a Manager and took 2 tests for aptitude that day. We had a very comfortable interview. I was already licensed to sell Life & Health products and the company seemed like a good fit. I was a bit apprehensive about the 100% straight commission but she assured me I could be trained the AMBA way so I could learn the skills I needed. This made me feel better about sales since I did not feel that I had enough experience to know how to be really successful. She said they would help me until I was successful and they did!

Interview Questions
    • Where would I like to be in 5 years?   View Answer
    • What did I consider to be my best quality that might help me in sales?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate but I wanted to know why some agents were successful and why some do not make it. I was told they get too impatient about a big salary starting out so they don't wait until the renewals start building your business. She said if I would work hard and not focus too much on salary that I could do well and be successful as an agent with AMBA - and she was right!

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in November 2010.

We have a 2 interview hiring process. 1st interview was gathering info. 2nd interview was getting into the details and completing initial paperwork. I was impressed with the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Was I willing to commit to these 3 things. 1) memorize & use the scripted sales presentation, 2) work 40-45 hrs/week, & 3) keep a positive mental attitude. Unexpected but a great question.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors.

Met with local sales manager multiple times. Informative interview, typical stuff. Answered any question I had honestly. Interview process took about one week. Met at company headquarters in Austin, TX and at a coffee shop once because the sales manager was running sales appointments.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in January 2010.

Multi- level interview process

Benefits Advisers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in November 2013.

Multi interviews, testing required to make sure I was good fit
    Walked me thru getting my temorary license
    Answered my two pages worth of questions, really seemed to be upfront about all of it

Interview Questions
    • What makes you stand out above everyone else they interviewed?
      Highly selective in who they bring on board.
        View Answer

Benefit Advisers & District Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in January 2014.

Company works between a 2 -4 step interview process. They are very selective with the people they hire because of the State Endorsements

Interview Questions
    • As simple as this sounds they were trying to find out about my work ethics and morals. They work in the retired market and they do their due diligence on making sure your are the right person for their position even with the background check.   View Answer
    It was tough because they had other qualified candidates but I made it because I did well on their test and throughout the interview process (3 steps for me)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors.

I was contacted initially by phone regarding my resume. After a brief phone screen I was invited to come in for an initial interview. The manager asked about my previous work experience, etc. and then they called me back for a 2nd interview. They asked me to bring a detailed list of questions to 2nd interview and the manager answered all of them in detail. All the details were explained clearly without hiding anything. I got a good vibe from the recruiter and everything that was promised was delivered, and then some.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation...standard sales agreement.

Worked for Association Member Benefits Advisors? Contribute to the Community!