Association Member Benefits Advisors

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Schaumburg, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email from the district manager to come into the Schaumburg office. I came in with reservations because this was A) a sales job, which is a job I hate and have done twice before with little to no success, b) straight commission, which can be hit or miss depending on the type of sales job, and C) the last job I wanted to take, so all of those I addressed in the interview. The district manager eased my fears a little by sharing her personal story with me about how she rose in the ranks of the company, as well as assured me that this position and AMBA are different because of their proven track record of delivering what they promise to teachers and employees of AMBA. I have given myself six months to give it a try as I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, but thanks to doing my research beforehand through Glassdoor and the BBB, I didn't go into this interview with blinders on.

Interview Question – When you were doing Sales with Sears Holdings Company did you feel confident about what you were selling?   View Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in January 2014.

Interview Details – They say You can make $90,000 the first year plus residuals after that.. They don't tell You about the turnover. Insist on going to one of their weekly meeting before accepting You have to pay for your own training. $568 dollars for a week and actually the training was very good.

Interview Question – Learning their presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Irving, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in September 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a Manager and took 2 tests for aptitude that day. We had a very comfortable interview. I was already licensed to sell Life & Health products and the company seemed like a good fit. I was a bit apprehensive about the 100% straight commission but she assured me I could be trained the AMBA way so I could learn the skills I needed. This made me feel better about sales since I did not feel that I had enough experience to know how to be really successful. She said they would help me until I was successful and they did!

Interview Questions

• Where would I like to be in 5 years?   View Answer
  • What did I consider to be my best quality that might help me in sales?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but I wanted to know why some agents were successful and why some do not make it. I was told they get too impatient about a big salary starting out so they don't wait until the renewals start building your business. She said if I would work hard and not focus too much on salary that I could do well and be successful as an agent with AMBA - and she was right!

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Arlington, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in November 2010.

Interview Details – We have a 2 interview hiring process. 1st interview was gathering info. 2nd interview was getting into the details and completing initial paperwork. I was impressed with the interview process.

Interview Question – Was I willing to commit to these 3 things. 1) memorize & use the scripted sales presentation, 2) work 40-45 hrs/week, & 3) keep a positive mental attitude. Unexpected but a great question.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Agent
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors.

Interview Details – Met with local sales manager multiple times. Informative interview, typical stuff. Answered any question I had honestly. Interview process took about one week. Met at company headquarters in Austin, TX and at a coffee shop once because the sales manager was running sales appointments.

Benefits Advisers Interview

Benefits Advisers
Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in November 2013.

Interview Details – Multi interviews, testing required to make sure I was good fit
Walked me thru getting my temorary license
Answered my two pages worth of questions, really seemed to be upfront about all of it

Interview Question – What makes you stand out above everyone else they interviewed?
Highly selective in who they bring on board.
  View Answer

Benefit Advisers & District Manager Trainee Interview

Benefit Advisers & District Manager Trainee
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in January 2014.

Interview Details – Company works between a 2 -4 step interview process. They are very selective with the people they hire because of the State Endorsements

Interview Question – As simple as this sounds they were trying to find out about my work ethics and morals. They work in the retired market and they do their due diligence on making sure your are the right person for their position even with the background check.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was tough because they had other qualified candidates but I made it because I did well on their test and throughout the interview process (3 steps for me)

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES
The Woodlands, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors in January 2010.

Interview Details – Multi- level interview process

Interview Question – How do you cope with rejection?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors.

Interview Details – I was contacted initially by phone regarding my resume. After a brief phone screen I was invited to come in for an initial interview. The manager asked about my previous work experience, etc. and then they called me back for a 2nd interview. They asked me to bring a detailed list of questions to 2nd interview and the manager answered all of them in detail. All the details were explained clearly without hiding anything. I got a good vibe from the recruiter and everything that was promised was delivered, and then some.

Interview Question – How do you handle adversity and give an example?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation...standard sales agreement.

Benefits Representative Interview

Benefits Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors.

Interview Details – Very excited bunch of people looking for people who are driven and can work 100% commission

Negotiation Details – None, 100% commission.

Worked for Association Member Benefits Advisors? Contribute to the Community!