Assurant Employee Benefits

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Lawrence, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits in March 2013.

Interview Details – Two 30-60 minutes interviews. First one was mostly behavioral with a few questions about classes (pertaining to your major) that you have taken so far and how you performed in them. The second one with with developers who asked about projects you have worked on, classes you have taken, and what you are interested in doing with your degree. No technical questions were ask really.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you made a choice in a situation that you ended up regretting, what did you do afterwards?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits in April 2013.

Interview Details – For interns, we had two sets of interviews. Both Technical and behavioral, they are looking for students who are enthusiastic. They are all nice people and usually it is the main management with the behavioral and then the Java Devs and QA Team with the technical interviews. It is definitely easy, not the hardest and the work will be very positive as well.

Interview Question – Depends, usually something technical. It is not that bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, maybe I could have but I did not.

Group Sales Representative Interview

Group Sales Representative
Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was ref'd via a friend. A phone interview w the recruiter, then a phone w the manager, then a in person/in office w the manager, then a meet and greet with the asst mgr, then a flight to Kansas City to meet w the VP of sales, then the offer.

Interview Question – Nothing special. They wanted a very analytic personality that could build relationships. They really wanted you to demonstrate that you were a analyst that could outline complex details within their LTD contracts to brokers to illustrate the benefits. No weird questions though. Pretty normal interview. Do some research on their LTD policy as they think it's the best in the business... which it's really not. Price rules all in that business. If you're not in the ballgame on price, you're pretty much screwed.   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Claims Analyst
Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits.

Interview Details – I was contacted immediately after submitting a resume/application. The next phone was a 30 minute telephone screen with a recruited and later I was scheduled for a interview with 2 hiring manager. The interview went well and the hiring managers were upfront and said due to budget issues they had to limit the number of people hired for the position. The 30 minute interview lasted for an hr and a half. The managers gave me positive feedback and told me roughly when I'd hear back for the next phase which was job shadowing an analyst. Although, I was not offered the position the individuals involved in the hiring process were professional and pleasant.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions that were out of line or that weren't to be expected.. The interview was very conversational which took the edge off.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits in March 2011.

Interview Details – After applying through a recruiter on Linked In, I received a call from the recruiter from the home office. She asked me several questions and also guided me towards the right answers. Then, I had a phone interview with the field operations manager who gave me more insight on the position available. Then, I took several tests online. Then, I met with the sales manager in his hotel lobby at 7am in order to accomodate his schedule. We had a good chat, but he ended up hiring someone else from my previous company.

Interview Question – Describe a time when your customer had a bad experience and how you turned it into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with hiring manager, hr and director of sales

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits in March 2011.

Interview Details – They were very friendly, very approachable.
The threw a few general questions, more of it was based on past awards, job experience, personal field of interest. They talked about my past research projects and how I was managing college and keeping up my grades. The interview went pretty smooth, but I got a bit unprofessional and was disappointed with myself. As I knew, I did not get any offers.

Interview Question – Talk about your research project. What did you do, was it a group environment, what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits in September 2008.

Interview Details – A little slower then I would have liked but overall, understandable.

Interview Question – What kind of manager do you prefer working under.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Somewhat flexible but not totally "open".

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Assurant Employee Benefits? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Assurant Employee Benefits interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Assurant Employee Benefits employees and interview candidates.