Assurant Employee Benefits

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.6

Marketing Interview

Application

interviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits (Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online through company website and met with 3 different people - recruiter and 2 people from marketing department. Overall interview took about an hour and a half but everyone was very positive the whole time. All 3 people asked a lot of the same questions.

Interview Questions

• None were too difficult - tell me about a time you had to lead a group and something went wrong?   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was contacted immediately after submitting a resume/application. The next phone was a 30 minute telephone screen with a recruited and later I was scheduled for a interview with 2 hiring manager. The interview went well and the hiring managers were upfront and said due to budget issues they had to limit the number of people hired for the position. The 30 minute interview lasted for an hr and a half. The managers gave me positive feedback and told me roughly when I'd hear back for the next phase which was job shadowing an analyst. Although, I was not offered the position the individuals involved in the hiring process were professional and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions that were out of line or that weren't to be expected.. The interview was very conversational which took the edge off.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits in April 2013.

Interview

For interns, we had two sets of interviews. Both Technical and behavioral, they are looking for students who are enthusiastic. They are all nice people and usually it is the main management with the behavioral and then the Java Devs and QA Team with the technical interviews. It is definitely easy, not the hardest and the work will be very positive as well.

Interview Questions

• Depends, usually something technical. It is not that bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, maybe I could have but I did not.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits (Lawrence, KS) in March 2013.

Interview

Two 30-60 minutes interviews. First one was mostly behavioral with a few questions about classes (pertaining to your major) that you have taken so far and how you performed in them. The second one with with developers who asked about projects you have worked on, classes you have taken, and what you are interested in doing with your degree. No technical questions were ask really.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you made a choice in a situation that you ended up regretting, what did you do afterwards?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits (Kansas City, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone twice with the manager, then had an in person interview with the sales manager. After passing that, I was flown to Kansas City where I met with HR, the VP of Sales and the VP of Account Managers. I spent six hours interviewing. They asked typical questions and had me put together some business solutions to situations they gave me.

Interview Questions

• How well do you adapt to change.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

After applying through a recruiter on Linked In, I received a call from the recruiter from the home office. She asked me several questions and also guided me towards the right answers. Then, I had a phone interview with the field operations manager who gave me more insight on the position available. Then, I took several tests online. Then, I met with the sales manager in his hotel lobby at 7am in order to accomodate his schedule. We had a good chat, but he ended up hiring someone else from my previous company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your customer had a bad experience and how you turned it into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Group Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits (Tampa, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

I was ref'd via a friend. A phone interview w the recruiter, then a phone w the manager, then a in person/in office w the manager, then a meet and greet with the asst mgr, then a flight to Kansas City to meet w the VP of sales, then the offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special. They wanted a very analytic personality that could build relationships. They really wanted you to demonstrate that you were a analyst that could outline complex details within their LTD contracts to brokers to illustrate the benefits. No weird questions though. Pretty normal interview. Do some research on their LTD policy as they think it's the best in the business... which it's really not. Price rules all in that business. If you're not in the ballgame on price, you're pretty much screwed.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews with hiring manager, hr and director of sales

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits in March 2011.

Interview

They were very friendly, very approachable.
    The threw a few general questions, more of it was based on past awards, job experience, personal field of interest. They talked about my past research projects and how I was managing college and keeping up my grades. The interview went pretty smooth, but I got a bit unprofessional and was disappointed with myself. As I knew, I did not get any offers.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your research project. What did you do, was it a group environment, what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Assurant Employee Benefits in September 2008.

Interview

A little slower then I would have liked but overall, understandable.

Interview Questions

• What kind of manager do you prefer working under.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Somewhat flexible but not totally "open".