Assurant Health

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Inside Sales Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Assurant Health.

Interview Details – They make you sell them something. Here's how to do it:

1.) briefly small talk them about what they are looking for. They came in for a reason so uncover WHY.

2.) ask them ?s to better understand how they will use whatever they came in for. Also how much they want to spend.

3.) find the product they want, briefly go over what they told you they wanted before and ask them if that's what they're looking for.

4.) Pitch your product the best you can. Highlight the things they mentioned to you about using it. At least 2 items.

5.) ask if they've got any ?s

6.) ask if the product will work for them, and once you get yes you tell them the price. Knowing the price will be under their budget.

7.) assume sale. So jerry the stove will be on the road at 3pm Tomo, so I just wanted to make sure we have your address right, so I show u at...

BOOM! That will get u hired. Or just wait until open enrollment they hire anyone really.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They called me 30 min after interview.

Entrepreneurial Intern Interview

Entrepreneurial Intern
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Assurant Health.

Interview Details – I interviewed for this position over 3 weeks ago. At the time I had another offer on the table, so I mentioned to the HR rep that I would like an answer at her earliest convenience. At the end of a 5 hour interview, meeting with 7 different team members, the response was overwhelmingly positive. The next week I asked the HR rep if she would be able to give me a date when I would have an answer by. Here I am, 3 weeks later, with no answer. Thankfully I accepted the other position because I had a bad gut feeling about this company and the hiring manager. I can't speak for the whole company, but the entrepreneurial team is simply disrespectful. They string along multiple interviewees in parallel. Not to mention, the odds of a full-time offer after the successful completion of the 3 month internship is 1 in 5 based on their previous hires.

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked me to explain my previous startup business model via business model canvas diagram.   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant Health in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this through my school's career services website, got an interview through that. Had half an hour where she went through the general internship process, what I knew about Assurant Health, some HR behavioral questions and some actuarial type questions. Got the offer after just one interview. My interviewer seemed warm and receptive to my answers, I imagine she was like that for most people as well.

Interview Question – Looking back on college and life in general, do you have any regrets?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. There are lots of interns, so you'll get a rate based on the number of exams you have passed (I had $20/hour w/ 2 passed, and I believe it was an increase of $2/hour per exam.

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant Health.

Interview Details – I met with an actuarial recruiter for an on-campus interview. After a couple weeks, I received a phone call from an HR representative extending an offer.

Interview Question – Thought process questions. For example, how many tennis balls could fill a school bus?   Answer Question

Correspondent Interview

Correspondent

Interviewed at Assurant Health

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral-based questions.

Interview Question – be sure you can explain how you are able to explain difficult concepts in lay terms.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Corporate Communications Interview

Corporate Communications

I applied through other source and interviewed at Assurant Health.

Interview Details – Initially worked with recruiters in Florida, then had several in-person interviews.

Negotiation Details – Like most places, they want to know YOUR salary up front, but won't give you the range for the position.

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Assurant Health in October 2011.

Interview Details – I heard about this internship opportunity through an alum of the college I currently attend. I submitted my resume in mid-October to their Human Resources department and received an email a few days later offering a phone interview. The phone interview was with an HR employee and lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was fairly standard and there were not many questions that were difficult. The phone interview was the only interview I had and I was offered an intern position in mid-November and was allowed a month to decide on the offer.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult nor unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't much negotiation. They offered me $14/hour plus they payed for my summer housing near UW-Milwaukee's campus.

Corporate Commnications Interview

Corporate Commnications
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Assurant Health in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was very time consuming and slightly rigorous! I had two 30 minute phone interviews, and two in person interviews. The first in person interview was conducted by two communications employees and the 2nd interview was conducted by the vice president of the department. So I had to take off time from my current job, to participate in both interviews.

Interview Question – These were standard interview questions. Tell us about yourself, why are you interested in the health care field, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer was made and I accepted. I did not negotiate because I was satisfied with the salary being offered.

Direct Sales Agent, Health Insurance Interview

Direct Sales Agent, Health Insurance
Plymouth, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Assurant Health in November 2010.

Interview Details – interview with recruiter, interview with hiring manager and sales supervisor onsite. Job offered over the phone. After hired, start date changed three times (screwing up my holidays with family). After moving to MN for the job, the job offer changed from $43,000 to $26,000 to $18,000 base with the most you can make in per policy sale at $90.00 with a 9 month chargeback for policy cancelation. Company has enforcement action that becomes part of your personal file for failing to pay breast implant removal claim. Company under investigation for securities fraud. Company recently moved from one site to another and let go of employees at former location. I declined to continue with company.

Interview Question – Sales role play with objections   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Bait and switch of offer. Offer letter sent to wrong address and resend delayed until very near to start date. Several coworkers had this same experience.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant Health in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online for this position through careerbuilder.com, and was contacted by corporate recruiter within about a week. The recruiter set an appointment for a phone interview, and emailed me some additional information on the position as well as links to several online skill and personality assessments. After a successful phone interview and satisfactory completion of the online assessments, the recruiter scheduled and 1on1 interview with the local hiring manager. This entire process could probably happen in as little as a week, however due to scheduling challenges, took roughly 2 weeks for me. My interviewer seemed very knowledgeable about the industry

Interview Question – Personality profile. It took 90 minutes and was a couple hundred questions, many of which were repeated several times in different ways to keep you honest   View Answer

Worked for Assurant Health? Contribute to the Community!