Assurant Health Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.8

Search Engine Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Assurant Health.

The interview was timely and the process moved very fast. My interviewer was professional and we quickly built a report with each other. Overall, the company seems like a great opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of technical questions to gauge your experience if you're applying for a technical position. Be prepared to know you stuff, as you should!   Answer Question

IPAW Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Assurant Health in August 2014.

I met with the Chief Sales officer. He arranged separate interviews with the Product Manager, the internal VP, the field VP and also the field VP that I would report to.

Interview Questions
    • "So, you're chugging along and you realize that it's probably gonna be 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, heck, maybe even a year before you make any commissions in this position. How do you feel about the variable comp?"   View Answer

Inside Sales Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Assurant Health.

They make you sell them something. Here's how to do it:

1.) briefly small talk them about what they are looking for. They came in for a reason so uncover WHY.

2.) ask them ?s to better understand how they will use whatever they came in for. Also how much they want to spend.

3.) find the product they want, briefly go over what they told you they wanted before and ask them if that's what they're looking for.

4.) Pitch your product the best you can. Highlight the things they mentioned to you about using it. At least 2 items.

5.) ask if they've got any ?s

6.) ask if the product will work for them, and once you get yes you tell them the price. Knowing the price will be under their budget.

7.) assume sale. So jerry the stove will be on the road at 3pm Tomo, so I just wanted to make sure we have your address right, so I show u at...

BOOM! That will get u hired. Or just wait until open enrollment they hire anyone really.

Interview Questions
    They called me 30 min after interview.

Entrepreneurial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Assurant Health.

I interviewed for this position over 3 weeks ago. At the time I had another offer on the table, so I mentioned to the HR rep that I would like an answer at her earliest convenience. At the end of a 5 hour interview, meeting with 7 different team members, the response was overwhelmingly positive. The next week I asked the HR rep if she would be able to give me a date when I would have an answer by. Here I am, 3 weeks later, with no answer. Thankfully I accepted the other position because I had a bad gut feeling about this company and the hiring manager. I can't speak for the whole company, but the entrepreneurial team is simply disrespectful. They string along multiple interviewees in parallel. Not to mention, the odds of a full-time offer after the successful completion of the 3 month internship is 1 in 5 based on their previous hires.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager asked me to explain my previous startup business model via business model canvas diagram.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Assurant Health.

I met with an actuarial recruiter for an on-campus interview. After a couple weeks, I received a phone call from an HR representative extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Thought process questions. For example, how many tennis balls could fill a school bus?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Assurant Health in October 2013.

I applied for this through my school's career services website, got an interview through that. Had half an hour where she went through the general internship process, what I knew about Assurant Health, some HR behavioral questions and some actuarial type questions. Got the offer after just one interview. My interviewer seemed warm and receptive to my answers, I imagine she was like that for most people as well.

Interview Questions
    • Looking back on college and life in general, do you have any regrets?   View Answer
    No negotiation. There are lots of interns, so you'll get a rate based on the number of exams you have passed (I had $20/hour w/ 2 passed, and I believe it was an increase of $2/hour per exam.

Correspondent Interview

Mostly behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • be sure you can explain how you are able to explain difficult concepts in lay terms.   Answer Question
    None.

Corporate Communications Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Assurant Health.

Initially worked with recruiters in Florida, then had several in-person interviews.

Like most places, they want to know YOUR salary up front, but won't give you the range for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Assurant Health in October 2011.

I heard about this internship opportunity through an alum of the college I currently attend. I submitted my resume in mid-October to their Human Resources department and received an email a few days later offering a phone interview. The phone interview was with an HR employee and lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was fairly standard and there were not many questions that were difficult. The phone interview was the only interview I had and I was offered an intern position in mid-November and was allowed a month to decide on the offer.

Interview Questions
    There really wasn't much negotiation. They offered me $14/hour plus they payed for my summer housing near UW-Milwaukee's campus.

Corporate Commnications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Assurant Health in February 2011.

Interview process was very time consuming and slightly rigorous! I had two 30 minute phone interviews, and two in person interviews. The first in person interview was conducted by two communications employees and the 2nd interview was conducted by the vice president of the department. So I had to take off time from my current job, to participate in both interviews.

Interview Questions
    • These were standard interview questions. Tell us about yourself, why are you interested in the health care field, etc.   Answer Question
    An offer was made and I accepted. I did not negotiate because I was satisfied with the salary being offered.