Assurant

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Assurant in August 2012.

This job is still open after being actively posted for at least a year. It's now Spring 2013 and I interviewed for the job in Fall 2012 and it is still open. The phone screen and phone interviews went well and I was brought in for an onsight interview - 5 in total. One interviewer left me waiting for well over 30 minutes without any prior knowledge that she would be late. I began to wonder if I was in the right place and I could not get my contact person on the phone from the reception area. The other interviewer literally came from the airport and sat down to interview me since the other interviewer was late. Unfortunately, she asked me the very same questions she had interviewed me over the phone a few weeks prior! The late interviewer finally showed and seemed to ask me questions that were not pertinent to the job and she was not even the hiring manager. The last interview was a lunch interview and we waited and waited for the lunch to show. I happened to see a box lunches outside of the interview office just sitting on the table. No one announced that the lunch was there for us or left a note. So by this time I'm starving and I was expected to have a decent interview which was interview #4 by this point. The 5th interviewer had to cancel but I was told they would re-schedule. By the time I got home, let's say 30 minutes, I got an email that the future interview would not be scheduled and if I had questions to call the recruiter. That was it folks! Hmmm, I wonder why the position is still open. I'm not disgruntled because I was not offered the job - I know I am a professional in the community and they should treat people as such unless otherwise viewed. Later a headhunter reached out to me, trying to recruit me for the very same job and I shared my story and oddly enough, the recruiter had a very similar story about applying at the same company.

Interview Questions
  • The interview questions should be collaborated on and structured so that you know what you are being interviewed for exactly.   Answer Question