Assurant

Relevance Date Difficulty

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator

Interviewed at Assurant

Interview Details – There were quite a number of rather technical questions, and then there was an extensive background checking. Also, multiple people were giving the interview. It took a few weeks before hearing back about acceptance.

Interview Question – How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?   View Answer

Employee Benefit Advisor Interview

Employee Benefit Advisor
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Assurant.

Interview Details – First was the telephone call and interview. If they like what you say you are then asked to come in for one to one interview with the manager and a sr, employee benefits advisor.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotions. Here is the salary and bonus pops.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Customer Service Representative I
Albany, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in July 2013.

Interview Details – initially contacted by email, online skills test, a week or two later a face to face interview, then drug test and back ground check, the whole process takes a few weeks

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, they offered job and set salary and I accepted

IT Professional Interview

IT Professional
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Assurant in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very Nice Clean and No curveballs in questions, Make sure you have many ancedtoes to bring up and be ready to problem solve. This is why you must come perpaered

Interview Question – Have a project to bring up   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got back too late

Strategy Analyst Interview

Strategy Analyst
Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Assurant in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for the Strategy Analyst opportunity. I was contacted a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview with a HR recruiter. We scheduled the phone interview for nearly two weeks later. This company has very large gaps between communication times and will schedule appointments weeks later.

So the phone interview went very well. The recruiter asked a lot of pointed questions and I believe that she gained a clear understanding of my background, skills and interest. She described the role as corporate strategy with a project management attribute.

A few weeks went by before I was contacted again to speak to the hiring manager. By this time another HR recruiter/ scheduler became involved. She was extremely disorganized - it was like pulling teeth working through her. We finally scheduled a time to speak with the hiring manager - a VP, for a couple weeks later. He missed the phone interview without advanced notice. Hours after the interview schedule time he left a message for ME to call the hr team and reschedule as something came up. I did but really believe he should have done so himself.

Another couple weeks passed and we finally spoke. The job description that he gave did not match the ad nor the initial recruiter's version. He seemed very disinterested in speaking from the word hello. I couldn't understand why he would even asked for an interview in the first place. When I asked him questions he gave the driest vaguest answers possible. For example I asked the timeline he replied "i travel a lot. who knows - 30 days, 60 days, 90 days."

so be warned 2 things - the company is extremely untimely in communication and response time and the role that you applied to description may be different that what the hiring manager truly sees as being the tasks involved.

Interview Question – the hiring manager didnt ask any hard questions. our interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. the hr recruiter asked a lot of scenario based questions and wanted rhyme and reason for every decision that i've made in my career and education.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Security Interview

Security
Duluth, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in August 2013.

Interview Details – very basic interview question, be sure to research the company and know what they do.

Negotiation Details – None

Hazard Insurance Processor II Interview

Hazard Insurance Processor II

I applied online and interviewed at Assurant.

Interview Details – Interview process was just general, 1 interview on previous training and job history!

Interview Questions

• How to deal with irate customers!   View Answer
  • !Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Customer Care Specialist
Springfield, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in February 2014.

Interview Details – This was the worse interview of my life. Super rude HR reps, they argued with my answers and did everything but roll their eyes at me. I could have done so much better, but they instantly made me feel unwelcome and I just wanted to leave.

The experience wasn't bad before the face-to-face interview: I took a super long online assessment (wasn't bad, but it was WAY too long), had a phone interview with a rep from Manpower, and that was all a fairly pleasant experience. That's why I was so surprised when I went to the face-to-face interview and they were really rude, standoffish, and made me feel unwelcome. I also saw a look of disappointment on one of the HR reps face before they invited me in, so I went in already feeling like this was a hopeless feat.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, but I would have done a lot better if they didn't make me feel so unwelcome.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted by one IT project manager and one IT technologist, general questions were given by the manager and technical questions were given by the tech. The interview involved no difficult technical questions, they were more interested in motivation and my ability to learn than they were what I already knew. It was pretty straight forward, they went down my resume talking about each section and asking me questions about it making small notes.

Interview Question – They asked me how how a few of my extra curricular activities have helped prepare for the professional world, mind you my activities were very unrelated to software/IT.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer from a company I was more interested in.

Loss Draft Specialist Interview

Loss Draft Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Assurant.

Interview Details – This process was horrendous. I was called on the phone by an external hiring agency for a phone screening disguised as a call for interview setup. I was then given an interview time three weeks out. I went to the interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I did not hear back from them for two more weeks when they called me for another interview. I was unsure if they even knew that I had already had an interview because they made no mention of the first one. After the second interview, I received a phone call from an HR person with a job offer, about three days later. She gave me instructions for the new hire procedures, explaining I would receive an email. I never received an email mentioning my new employment and actually went back up to the office to talk to the HR manager to confirm my new employment and ask for my email and instructions for the drug screening. The entire hiring process took more than three months.

Interview Question – What specific experience or qualifications do you have that are relevant to this job. For example, you will be responsible for monitoring large amounts of funds under certain circumstances and must adhere to specific rules and laws. What experience do you have that show you are qualified for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Practically no negotiation available due to saturated market.

Worked for Assurant? Contribute to the Community!