Assurant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015
Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.7

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA).

Interview

This interview process consists of two to three phone interviews and one face-to-face interview with a group of managers and/or team leads. Prior to the interview you were also required to take a skills/simulated test online.

Upon acceptance of the job, you were required to complete a background check and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work any day, including a Saturday?

Other questions centered on attendance, work ethic, how you get along with others, how one might describe you and how you handled a difficult situation at a previous employer.

Answer Question

Associate Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and then also applied several other position via Linkedin. Got a phone screening on next Thursday, phone call for schedule on-site on next Monday, on-site to Atlanta on Friday and got offer the next Monday. So the whole process moved pretty fast.

Customer Resolutions Casework Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Assurant in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted application with referral from current employee. Application did not state requirement to submit resume - only writing sample. 1 week after submitting application, was asked to send resume as well. That same week was asked to complete online assessment. 1 week after completing the assessment was asked to do a phone interview. Same day as phone interview was scheduled for group interview; interview occurred days after phone interview. Exactly three weeks after application was submitted (1 week after on-site group interview) received a call saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions struck me as particularly difficult but one was a little unexpected. I was asked to discuss a time when I did not want to be part of an organization or a team within an organization.   1 Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

The whole process was easy, it took about 3 weeks from the initial call from the recruiter to getting my official welcome letter. Everyone that I came in contact their was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How well do you get alone with people of different age group?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview went surprisingly a lot fast than I anticipated AFTER the first initial phone call. I applied in January and didn't hear anything until July when a recruiter contacted me about completing the rest of my application. After that phone call I had one phone interview and then two in person interviews over the span of two weeks.

Talent - Ohio Region - Springfield Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Horrible experience - Treated very unprofessional - In my 20 years of being a Human Resource/Staffing professional I have never been treated like a 3rd class person! I think that the people that I interacted with should have some type of training on how to treat people. On a positive, I am glad that I found this out before I became an employee. If I treated people like this, I one, would not have a job, and secondly would never attract people to fill my jobs!

Database Administrator Interview

Interview

There were quite a number of rather technical questions, and then there was an extensive background checking. Also, multiple people were giving the interview. It took a few weeks before hearing back about acceptance.

Interview Questions

• How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?   1 Answer

Employee Benefit Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First was the telephone call and interview. If they like what you say you are then asked to come in for one to one interview with the manager and a sr, employee benefits advisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotions. Here is the salary and bonus pops.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Assurant (Anaheim, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the Strategy Analyst opportunity. I was contacted a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview with a HR recruiter. We scheduled the phone interview for nearly two weeks later. This company has very large gaps between communication times and will schedule appointments weeks later.

So the phone interview went very well. The recruiter asked a lot of pointed questions and I believe that she gained a clear understanding of my background, skills and interest. She described the role as corporate strategy with a project management attribute.

A few weeks went by before I was contacted again to speak to the hiring manager. By this time another HR recruiter/ scheduler became involved. She was extremely disorganized - it was like pulling teeth working through her. We finally scheduled a time to speak with the hiring manager - a VP, for a couple weeks later. He missed the phone interview without advanced notice. Hours after the interview schedule time he left a message for ME to call the hr team and reschedule as something came up. I did but really believe he should have done so himself.

Another couple weeks passed and we finally spoke. The job description that he gave did not match the ad nor the initial recruiter's version. He seemed very disinterested in speaking from the word hello. I couldn't understand why he would even asked for an interview in the first place. When I asked him questions he gave the driest vaguest answers possible. For example I asked the timeline he replied "i travel a lot. who knows - 30 days, 60 days, 90 days."

so be warned 2 things - the company is extremely untimely in communication and response time and the role that you applied to description may be different that what the hiring manager truly sees as being the tasks involved.

Interview Questions

• the hiring manager didnt ask any hard questions. our interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. the hr recruiter asked a lot of scenario based questions and wanted rhyme and reason for every decision that i've made in my career and education.   Answer Question

Hazard Insurance Processor II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Interview process was just general, 1 interview on previous training and job history!

Interview Questions

• How to deal with irate customers!   1 Answer
    • !Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question