Assurant

Very Difficult Interview

Insurance Sales Interview

Insurance Sales
Miami, FL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Assurant in January 2009.

Interview Details – Lengthy process, One hour phone interview and numerous interview at the office. Skills test was 2 hours long followed by interview with hiring manager.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations available

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Assurant in May 2009.

Interview Details – Incredible interview process: challenging but great introduction to caliber of team you are working with. Be prepared to in with specifics - generalizations don't cut it here.

Interview Question – Provide us with statistical data on success of your campaigns. My tenure was before such data existed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. But in retrospect my hiring manager was the only weak employee in the building

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Duluth, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Assurant in February 2012.

Interview Details – the most intimidating interview

Interview Question – role play as if you were on the phone right now   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operational Analyst Interview

Operational Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in July 2010.

Interview Details – Was call to set up a phone interview with a recruiter, if they like you then you will have another phone interview with a hiring manager. If you pass that then they will ask for you to come in and do a face to face interview. The final hurdles is that you have to take a skill test.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Independent Sales Interview

Independent Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in May 2008.

Interview Details – The company was filling a position which was for preneed (burial) insurance wherein the candidate was working for both Assurant and a separate private business. The process was confusing, detailed, intense, and lengthy.

Interview Question – Name a time when you really helped someone and made a difference   Answer Question

Insurance Specialist (Customer Service Representative ) Interview

Insurance Specialist (Customer Service Representative )
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Assurant in August 2011.

Interview Details – Wednesday morning, I received an email from an out of state recruiter. She came across my resume on CareerBuilder and wanted to know if I was interested in the position. I was then told to apply online with the company and to give her a call after I was finished. After the application, she emailed a link to the online Wonderlic timed test. I took the test and passed. One hour later, I received a call from another recruiter who asked me a few questions about my work history. Then she passed my file over to someone else in the HR dept. That was on a Friday afternoon around 6pm. Monday morning I received a call from Assurant HR who scheduled an interview and another skills test for that Tuesday. I was sent an email about company benefits and some info on the position. My interview was suppose to be with a few managers from Specialty Properties or something like that. I get the HR and i have to take another timed Wonderlic test which doesnt make sense because I already took one at home right? Apparently, you have to pass that test in order to interview with the managers. Unfortunately, I was nervous as hell and didn't pass the test so I didn't get the panel interview. Im still bummed about it. They made me jump through so many hoops. The salary wasnt that great to put someone through hell and high water.

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in May 2009.

Interview Details – I found out about the job through a family member in February after I found out I was going to be laid off by a big blue computer company. I had an informal phone interview with the hiring manager in February. The company announced a hiring freeze, but the group got an exception for the DBA position. I applied for position online after hiring manager told me that is was posted in March. HR also contacted me after seeing my resume on monster.com. The day the job was posted, I had a quick interview with HR - it went fine. I interviewed with hiring manager in late April (felt I crashed and burned, but he seemed to still want me). I interviewed with hiring manager's manager 4 business days ago (early May) (this one went great, I thought). No word at this point but still hopeful. There is another person that has more experience than me, but the company still appears to want me because of other intangible skills.

Interview Question – Technical UDB questions.   View Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Miami, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Assurant in May 2009.

Interview Details – Had to go through HR first and take a test over the phone and computer that was basically a personality, ethical exam. Then we had our first interview at their miami location, the interview was with three different people. A senior internal auditor, a manager and the Assistant Vice President. They explained that the next process would be to interview with the VP out of Atlanta.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The position was a low level position, with no one underneath me.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Lead Software Developer
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Assurant in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was one of these "Let's see how much you can remember about things you don't ever use!" Ridiculous technical questions. These are questions about definitions that can be looked up in 10 seconds if I ever needed reminding of them. Nothing about the results I have produced, but only technical questions of obscure origin. This is an insurance company, but they act like they are a top software shop. Give me a break-I didn't want to work for them anyway!

Interview Question – What's the first step in building/implimenting a WCF service?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had a 1:1 interview on the phone with the Recruiter. I then was contacted by the hiring manager and a department manager via phone for another interview which lasted about 45 minutes. About a week later I was contacted by the recruiter who informed me that the company had decideed on an internal candidate.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Most were questions that asked you to describe specific work related situations and the solutions that were you provided to them   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Assurant

Worked for Assurant? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Assurant interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews posted anonymously by Assurant employees and interview candidates.