Assurant

Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Process Manager Interview

Global Process Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Assurant.

Interview Details – Recruiters had zero knowledge about the position and could barely speak English
Face to face iview with hiring Director resulted in lots of questions unrelated to job description. 'Description says x but in reality we are looking for y' was a common theme

Interview Question – This position requires a lot of travel - are you sure you can handle that? (description said 50%). Reality different to description   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Florence, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Assurant.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email for a phone interview. I was able to schedule my phone interview through a link in the email. I had my phone interview with a recruiter who then scheduled me for testing and a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. I did the stimulated testing on-site which was your typical call center test and then I had my interview afterwards. I interviewed with a guy first and then that was it. I didn't hear anything back from them for a couple of weeks so I just assumed I didn't get the job. Unexpectedly I got another call from the recruiter asking me to come in for another interview with a different hiring manager. I went and had the interview and she let me know that if I was chosen then I would be contacted by the recruiter. As I was walking out of the building the recruiter chased me down and let me now that I was offered the position. She then gave me the paperwork to get a drug test and gave me directions to get there, she advised the rest of the new hire paperwork would be emailed so it could be electronically signed. My new hire paperwork included my start date which was 3-4 weeks away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was happy to finally land a job.

Intern Interview

Intern
Duluth, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Assurant in April 2013.

Interview Details – They called me for an over the phone interview which lasted 15 minutes and then I was called into the office for a second interview

Interview Question – They asked questions such as what I know about their company and they asked about the classes I was taking in college and what were some of the projects I have taken on in the past   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Marietta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Assurant in August 2012.

Interview Details – This job is still open after being actively posted for at least a year. It's now Spring 2013 and I interviewed for the job in Fall 2012 and it is still open. The phone screen and phone interviews went well and I was brought in for an onsight interview - 5 in total. One interviewer left me waiting for well over 30 minutes without any prior knowledge that she would be late. I began to wonder if I was in the right place and I could not get my contact person on the phone from the reception area. The other interviewer literally came from the airport and sat down to interview me since the other interviewer was late. Unfortunately, she asked me the very same questions she had interviewed me over the phone a few weeks prior! The late interviewer finally showed and seemed to ask me questions that were not pertinent to the job and she was not even the hiring manager. The last interview was a lunch interview and we waited and waited for the lunch to show. I happened to see a box lunches outside of the interview office just sitting on the table. No one announced that the lunch was there for us or left a note. So by this time I'm starving and I was expected to have a decent interview which was interview #4 by this point. The 5th interviewer had to cancel but I was told they would re-schedule. By the time I got home, let's say 30 minutes, I got an email that the future interview would not be scheduled and if I had questions to call the recruiter. That was it folks! Hmmm, I wonder why the position is still open. I'm not disgruntled because I was not offered the job - I know I am a professional in the community and they should treat people as such unless otherwise viewed. Later a headhunter reached out to me, trying to recruit me for the very same job and I shared my story and oddly enough, the recruiter had a very similar story about applying at the same company.

Interview Question – The interview questions should be collaborated on and structured so that you know what you are being interviewed for exactly.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Assurant in February 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR after my application was submitted online. There was a second call with HR after to discuss my past experience and expectations for the role. After I met with the hiring manager on site, which was an hour and a half of in depth questions and additional explanation of the role. Overall the people are professional and kind, although the process and their decision making is slow from my experience.

Interview Question – None came up, standard questions   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Assurant in May 2009.

Interview Details – Incredible interview process: challenging but great introduction to caliber of team you are working with. Be prepared to in with specifics - generalizations don't cut it here.

Interview Question – Provide us with statistical data on success of your campaigns. My tenure was before such data existed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. But in retrospect my hiring manager was the only weak employee in the building

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Assurant in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and was called by HR a few weeks later. After I passed the phone screen, the HR person set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager with some kind of assignment to present at the interview but later changed it to a phone interview without an assignment.

The phone interview went well, and I was scheduled for multiple short phone interviews: a higher-level HR person, the hiring manager's boss, a peer to the position, and a business partner. The interviews with the latter two went fine; the others, not so much. The HR person was late to the call and then flat-out told me that she didn't think I was right for the job. The hiring manager's boss said essentially the same thing in softer terms. Of course, this left me wondering why I was being interviewed in the first place.

The company never contacted me again after the second round of phone interviews. The HR person I'd been dealing with did not respond to a polite email requesting a status update. Overall, I was left with an impression of confusion around the hiring process and a lack of respect from HR in terms of how it treats candidates.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hazard Insurance Processor I Interview

Hazard Insurance Processor I
Florence, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Assurant in October 2008.

Interview Details – Completed job application assurant.com, and was called to come in and test on basic office skills.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for the processor job. I was given one of the lowest hourly rate years ago.

Intern - Financial Systems Support Interview

Intern - Financial Systems Support
Woodbury, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Assurant in December 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online through Career Builder. Within two days, I received a call back on my resume. I went through two phone interviews before then being called in for a one-one-one interview. All of this had happened within two days of submitting my resume. I went in for the 1:1 interview with the manager of the department. It was laid back enough to put me at ease, and no extensive technical questions were asked. I was asked a lot of questions about my studies, why I am interested in the position, where I want my career to go, what the job would be like, etc. Overall, the interview went well, and within two days I was contacted with a job offer. I was impressed with how little waiting I had to do; from submitting my resume to accepting the job it only took 4-6 days.

Interview Question – Can you take intern jokes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As an intern, negotiation wasn't really necessary. Everyone I had interviewed with mentioned the pay range, and when I was offered the job I was offered the highest pay on that scale. If I had been offered a lower pay, I would bet that they would have been happy to negotiate. In my opinion it depends on how much of an asset you would be to their company/department. The more valuable you are, the more leeway you will likely have in negotiation.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Homestead, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Assurant in September 2011.

Interview Details – 6 phone interviews and a panel interview in their offices's
Many staffing companies working with the same requisition number for this company
Too traditional, they no consider a telework as a possibility

Interview Questions