Assurant

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Assurant in May 2009.

Interview Details – Incredible interview process: challenging but great introduction to caliber of team you are working with. Be prepared to in with specifics - generalizations don't cut it here.

Interview Question – Provide us with statistical data on success of your campaigns. My tenure was before such data existed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. But in retrospect my hiring manager was the only weak employee in the building

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Assurant in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and was called by HR a few weeks later. After I passed the phone screen, the HR person set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager with some kind of assignment to present at the interview but later changed it to a phone interview without an assignment.

The phone interview went well, and I was scheduled for multiple short phone interviews: a higher-level HR person, the hiring manager's boss, a peer to the position, and a business partner. The interviews with the latter two went fine; the others, not so much. The HR person was late to the call and then flat-out told me that she didn't think I was right for the job. The hiring manager's boss said essentially the same thing in softer terms. Of course, this left me wondering why I was being interviewed in the first place.

The company never contacted me again after the second round of phone interviews. The HR person I'd been dealing with did not respond to a polite email requesting a status update. Overall, I was left with an impression of confusion around the hiring process and a lack of respect from HR in terms of how it treats candidates.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for Assurant? Contribute to the Community!