Assurant Solutions

Assurant Solutions Interview Questions

3.1

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Assurant Solutions in July 2012.

I was interviewed by two people. Interview questions were fair and understandable. Interviewers are those who you will work under. Training is about 1-2 weeks. Everyone in the company was very nice and helpful. Trainers are amazingly good. Also, you can count security to help you if you get lost.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do under unique and complicated scenarios?   Answer Question

Retention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Assurant Solutions in June 2012.

The interview process was friendly after it started. The wait was 45 mins, yet the interview area was empty. Got the feeling I was being observed to see how I would react to such a long wait. Best to bring something to read of interest. Plenty of cameras posted to observe.

Interview Questions
    • Had to listen to several recorded calls and make an oral assessment to the interviewer.   View Answer
    None available.

Business Unit Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Assurant Solutions in May 2012.

Applied on company website. Contacted by company recruiter within a week to set-up phone 1st interview with the Sr. Recruiter.

Phrase 1: Phone interview with Recruiter
    Phrase 2: phone interview with the hiring manager.
    phrase 3: MS Word/MS Excel testing (version was 2000) must pass the test in order to move on.
    Phrase 4: face to face interview with hiring manager.
    Phrase 5: side by side with a current employee
    Phrase 6: phone interview with Director.

When I completed the face to face interview, the manager told me she wanted to move me along in the process by having me sit with a current analyst and phone interviewing with her boss. I completed the side by side and never received info for the phone interview with the director. I never received correspondence advising I was no longer being considered for the position. After weeks of calling and email HR, the recruiter I was working with calls me to advise they wanted to continue the search. I don't mind not getting the job but I prefer for companies to communicate.

Interview Questions
    • The MS word and excel test was on version 2000 which doesn't even exist anymore so be prepared to go back to the dinosaur age when taking this exam.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Assurant Solutions in May 2012.

Recieve call from recuiter did intial interview got inv for second interview at
    Facility went well got invite for 4 interview did not even call back

Interview Questions
    • As a manager take me through a project that u were
      In charge of and how did this effect the way the company
      Does business

Answer Question

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Assurant Solutions in May 2012.

I applied through Monster.com and was then contacted by a recruiter. Recruiter advised me to apply directly to company website. I was set up with a phone interview with the recruiter and she then provided me with an email with access to an online assessment. The phone interview just reviewed my resume experiences. The online assessment was very basic data entry (not timed) but asks what would you do if the client said abc....and then lists 4 choices. One week later the actual interview was filled with the usual interview questions: What is your weakness/strength, what was one instance when you had to receive coaching and how did you take it?, how would you handle a situation when you did not get along with another employee, how did you handle a situation which required a manager and none was available? The end of the interview was listening to 2 calls and giving my critique. She did not allow me to take notes. etc. The position requires employee to leave personal items in lockers due to security of information discussed on calls. Employee would be given dry erase board and they will be constantly monitored via camera. One camera for every 4 agents. The company is business casual. Very relaxed business casual from what I saw. The woman who interviewed me was very serious. I prepared for the interview by googling top interview questions and she pretty much used about the top 10 of them.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you good for this position? / Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Marketing Insights Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Assurant Solutions in April 2012.

I first applied for the position the first week of January 2012. Mid March rolled around and I received an email from a recruiter stating that if I was still interested in the position to give her a call. I called her and she told me that she contacted me in January when I first applied but could never get a hold of me. ( I highly doubt this because most recruiters will send an email first, but I digress.) The position is a new position in the newly formed eCommerce division. The process began with a phone screen where I was asked a series of basic questions. This led to another phone interview with the Marketing Manager. Two weeks passed with no responses from my emails and phone calls, so I called again was able to get the Marketing Manager on the phone who seemed to have an attitude that I actually called. I guess it worked because she invited me to an onsite interview during the first week of April.

The office is actually down the street from the office I currently work in so I had no trouble getting there. I arrived early but it took the security guard forever to give me a badge as well as notify the manager that I had arrived. My interview consisted of two 45 minute 1:1 meetings with the Marketing Manager and the VP of Product Development. The Marketing Manager had no personality what so ever. It was kind of awkward because the she kept looking at her watch and telling me there was still time for more questions even though I felt that I asked all the questions I already prepared. The 1:1 with the VP was a little better in my opinion, but then he started talking about his friends and things that had absolutely nothing to do with the interview, the job or the company. Two weeks later I hadn't heard anything back so I began calling and emailing and finally gave up in May.

June 15th I get a random call from the recruiter telling me that I was not selected and that they made an offer to a candidate that day. She also stated that all the email messages I sent the two individuals who interviewed me were forwarded to her. She apologized for the process taking so long but I pretty much told her I had moved on in May. I didn't bother asking why I wasn't selected because at that point I was not interested.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Assurant Solutions in March 2012.

Many questions over numerous interviews. Spoke with recruiters and to-be peers.

The process took too long - over two months to get to some level of decision.

Quite simply, Assurant doesn't know what they need or want. They made a bad hire, and is now interviewing over a dozen people to replace this individual. The problem wasn't him - it appears to be them.

The culture is severely flawed. All employees communicated what was wrong with the company, rather than what was right. "Pat you on the back, stab you in the kidneys." Consensus is the goal, yet everyone has their own agenda - and it sounded like it would be at odds with yours.

As a holding company, Assurant's entire business is under increased regulatory scrutiny - they were downgraded by multiple analysts who believe their cadre of "products" (like primary mortgage insurance, pre-paid funeral services and mobile phone insurance) are fatally flawed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your past jobs/roles   View Answer
    • Why are you right for this job?   View Answer
    • How would you achieve census when others have their own agenda and opposing views?   View Answer

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Assurant Solutions in May 2010.

1) phone interview, 2) three different face to face interviews(HR,would be boss, bosses boss), 3)computer test on word and excel, 4) offer

Interview Questions
    • None just normal questions about my experience and how I would do the job if it was offered to me.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Assurant Solutions in March 2010.

Individual and panel interview

Little negotiation

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Assurant Solutions in October 2008.

Received email regarding position from recruiter. Initial interview lasted approximately 1 hour. Met with 2 managers. The director was out of the office so I was asked back for a second interview to meet with him. My recruiter was contacted shortly after the interview was complete.

I presented my requirements and they worked to get as close to those requirements as possible and even created a new job position in order to accomodate.