Astek

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sophia Antipolis (France)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Astek.

Interview Details – Very short process, I had a phone interview with the customer, met the Astek salesman and the customer face to face, and got my offer in the evening. No technical interview or any tricky question, they mostly hire from the resume (or the diplomas)

Negotiation Details – Negociate and get the maximum you can ! You probably won't get any raise in the following years..

Software Developer Engineer Interview

Software Developer Engineer
Nice (France)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Astek in May 2011.

Interview Details – First contacted by e-mail after posting the CV on Monster.
Then there's been a phone interview and at the end a personal interview on site.

Interview Question – Some small technical questions about C++ and STL, but I get the general idea that they didn't count a lot in the hiring process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation by phone, they asked me to propose a salary and they accepted my proposition.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Astek in September 2011.

Interview Details – informal phone interview which took around 35 minutes.
The interviewer reviewed my CV and academic background, putting a lot of focus on certifications/qualifications.
Grades (GPA) are seriously taken into account.
I was under the impression a 3.0 GPA is required.
Much emphasis is put on programming experience, especially non-academic related.

This review was followed by some technical questions, most were algorithmic related.

Interview Question – algorithmic questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Nice (France)

The process took a day - interviewed at Astek in August 2010.

Interview Details – No technical interview.
My engineering school diploma was enough...

Negotiation Details – important ! you can bargain 2 to 3 thousands more than initial offer.

Nice (France)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Astek in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was interview for a long-term mission in Amadeus. First is the interview with a recruiter of Astek, where they tell you how to behave on the interview with Amadeus managers, what to say and what not to say. Astek is very interested in getting you hired, so they will do their best to make it happen.

Then the interview with Amadeus managers start. They ask what do you know about Amadeus, what do you know about their technologies, how would you evaluate your level of knowledge on the programming language of your choice or other technologies. They will maybe ask you to tell about the projects you worked on. Some technical and conceptual questions: What is Object Oriented programming(OOP). What is abstract class? What is template? SQL: How join operation is performed. What is index? How to optimize a search in big database.

It is not necessary to show a very good knowledge. The attitude is more important. I had a very vague answers to those questions, but I emphasized that I am willing to learn, that I will pick up quickly. I honestly said that my knowledge of C++ is basic. But I had some idea of the SQL and OOP. Also I had a feeling, that the questions that you ask to the interviewer have some influence on the decision... And I heard that one from some other people too. Ask questions, oriented on your position in the team, like: What are the most important qualities to become successful in this job? After this interview, what do you think are my weakest points and what are my strongest points? Etc.

But after all, remember, it might be just a subjective point of view of one interviewer that I faced... Maybe yours will be completely different....

Interview Question – Say, you have a database of 80 000 000 elements for over 10 years. And you need to search for the elements from one particular month. SELECT query takes way too long to process. How to do it faster   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for more! Don't be shy!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Astek? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Astek interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Astek employees and interview candidates.