Astellas Pharma US Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Regulatory Submissions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in August 2013.

I was called by a recruiter for a short phone interview. We discussed basic questions like why Astellas, and why I wanted to leave my current job. She asked me what I currently make, and what I am looking to make at Astellas.
    A few days later, i was called by a different HR member, and told that the hiring managers wanted to do a phone interview. It was only about 30 minutes, very pleasant, and the questions were general. A few days later, I got an email that told me that I have an in-person interview, which was from 9a-330p. It was a long day, I met with all kinds of people, from associates who I would be working with, to Directors and VPs. I was in one room, and the different interviewers came to me. The coordinators were very nice, offering me water and breaks. It was exhausting, but I thought it went as well as I could have imagined.

Two weeks after I interviewed, I found out via email (after reaching out for an update) that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience in a sorority in undergrad.   Answer Question

Staff Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in March 2009.

Hiring manager will phone screen top resumes then call those of interest in for a whole/half day interview dependent upon level. Offer will be extended by hiring manager by phone with opportunity for negotiation prior to written offer being extended.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge and how you tackled that.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was based on competitive external and internal salary ranges for that position level.

Medical Director Interview

Telephone only

Hospital Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in October 2009.

It was clear that the manager wanted someone younger for the job--I suspect that there is a level of age discrimination that is at work at Astellas.

Interview Questions
    • The disadvantage of all of my experience   View Answer
    • Being laid off would be a good thing because it would allow a lot of free time.   View Answer

Senior Pharmaceutical Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Greenville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in March 2010.

Spoke with District Manager and rep being groomed for management track. Entailed the typical questions, what motivates you, what is your greatest strength, what are you proudest of, what is your biggest weakness, etc. They were especially interested in what my salary was at my previous job, not as much about the incentives I earned. I got the impression that was their key 'weed out' criteria for this round of interviews.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deerfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in January 2009.

My recruiter contacted me and set up a telephone interview. 2 days later I was asked to come in to the office. My interview started at 9:00am and ended at 12:35. The first 3 interviews were 1 on 1. That last 2 interviews was a 2 person tag team with a total of 7 people having interviewed me. The receptionist was quite chatty and a little irritating but I was nice to her because she represented the face of the company. A project coordinator was sent to pick me up and she was quite nice, assuring me that everyone I would be meeting were good people. It's a long walk from reception to the interviewing offices. I looked around and everyone semed quite busy. No one looked up as we walked past.

The first 2 interviewers were smiling , asked me about my day, traffic etc... but the 3rd interviewer had a very serious face. She did not smile at all however I believe the interview went well. The last four people who interviewd me were the big guns and their questioning was intense. We spoke about CRF design, ICF templates, contracts, GCP, etc...all the technical stuff.

It's important to go in knowing the detail of what you do. Presentation is important and be able to flow from small talk to technical talk. Smile and express yourself with confidence. The interviewers are not intimidating but they do want to know that you are knowledgeable.

When the interview was finished They told me they would be maing a decision within 2 weeks however within 30 minutes I received a call from my recruiter saying they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    My salary was already pre-negotiated.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Karāchi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in June 2012.

It was all about the techniques used in medicine like HPLC and Chromatography etc. Asked about my family background and recent ongoing news on and about the pharmaceutic errors.

Scientist Interview

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in August 2010.

phone interview and got a mail saying to wait until they contact, but no further action!!

Rep Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in June 2010.

Company recruiter contacted me to see if I would be interested in contimuing the process with a phone interview. hey were very accomodating with scheduling the time. After the phone interview (1/2 an hour) I was called 2 days later to schedule the 1-1 with theRegional Manager.

We spoke for about 90 minutes. Guy was dynamic, committed and really knew the industry and the right rep for the territory--It wasn't me but he personally followed up to ask me to keep in touch for future opportunities. I would work for this co in a heart beat.

Great culture, commitment to excellence, progressive mindset.

Interview Questions
    • So do you want to know how much money you'll make?   View Answer
    • Detail an opportunity you have had to think outside the box and bring business to the table from a new revenue source   Answer Question

Human Resources Senior Manager Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in April 2010.

The interview process was very chaotic. They sent an e-mail late in the day asking to come in at 7:3o a.m. for the interview but never called to verify receipt. I was stopped mid interview to meet with another person then shuffled back to the first person to continue from where left off. When the search firm followed up with feedback no response from company.

Interview Questions

Worked for Astellas Pharma US? Contribute to the Community!