AstraZeneca

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

3.1

Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to do a 20-30 minute phone interview. Then online assessment, which was mostly just personality questions. My first f2f interview was with two DSM. 3-4 situational questions (star format), 10 minute persuasive conversation in any subject you wanted. Great conversation and was a natural setting. Second f2f was with my direct hiring manager and another DSM. It was similar to the first one but I needed new success stories, I prepared a new persuasive conversation and strong close.

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied in-person – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

This job is now contracted out to independent contractors. . They do not recruit this position directly anymore. An editorial Manager hires outside personnel. This is no longer a job that is hired directly by the company. There is nothing more to say.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses in the work environment   View Answer
    Easy negotiations. flexible schedules

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

The same day I applied I received a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I was immediately sent 2 personality tests. After the personality tests, I was sent an email with a Hiring Application. 2 days later (on a Friday) I received a call to schedule a face-to-face interview on the following Monday. Interview consisted of STAR format questions and had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive discussion.

Waiting to hear back from hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Ethical dilemma, situation in which I had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

phone interview with third party recruiter, then sent link for assessment, application. then first face to face so far. 2 district sales managers at interview, make sure you bring your resume (multiple copies) sound like most of the procedure will continue through third party recruiter

Interview Questions
    • rest assured they will probably ask you about ethical dilemma, other questions straight forward, new idea, problem, changed somebody's mind, difficult doctor. Do not expound on answer, just strictly star format, very little opportunity to sell yourself   Answer Question

Principal Pharmacoviligence Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2014.

Applied online got immediate acknowledgement of application. Didn't hear back for 4 months, then was called and asked to interview for the job I applied for and also another related position. Interview scheduled 3 weeks later and was conducted via teleconference from England and Sweden. Interview lasted about 3 hours and followed STAR format. Three weeks post interview and have not received followup request for information or disposition of status.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to decide which position I prefer although details of each were somewhat sketchy for one of the open positions which was a newly created role.   View Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied online. A few days later I received an email with instruction on how to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my resume and a few behavior STAR questions. After the interview I was sent the personality tests followed by an official online application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I was contacted by hiring manager for a phone screening; He called back 3 days later for an interview; 1week contact for 2nd phase interview and ride along; job offer and salary negotiation; drug screening; offer packet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved matters.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary upwards by $5000. Negotiate you skills to the fullest benefit of the position.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews than ride-a-long day with a rep. very typical process with final interview being a panel of managers. Did not interview with a regional manager but most do.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, must use STAR format...if you have examples of challenges and accomplishments ready you can fit them into most of the questions as examples   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2014.

Office interview. Hiring manager conducted interview. HR was not present. Questions were typical . Behavioral questions read directly from written documents. Interview lasted approximately 70 minutes. Interviewers were not experienced.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Online application, then got an email for a 20 minute phone interview with a third party. Asked about a time I gave a presentation to a group. Then got an email with 2 links to fill out 200+ question personality tests. Passed these and was asked to fill out an official online application.

Received an email to set up a face to face interview for the next week. Met with two managers for an hour interview. Was asked 4 behavior - STAR questions. Great interview, but they called to say they wanted someone with experience specific to the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Ethical dilemma, conflict with someone, and a time you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question