AstraZeneca

Very Easy Interview

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2014.

Interview Details – two phone interview, went pretty well, first one took an hour very good discussion with the hiring manager about what the work is about and my experience and project that i have done

Interview Question – nothing unexpected just what i have done and question about the CV   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews than ride-a-long day with a rep. very typical process with final interview being a panel of managers. Did not interview with a regional manager but most do.

Interview Question – All behavior based questions, must use STAR format...if you have examples of challenges and accomplishments ready you can fit them into most of the questions as examples   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2012.

Interview Details – Will require at least two interviews in addition to a phone screening and a personality test. Remember that they are looking for a sales person-- you have to directly ask for the job on the phone interview (close!).

Interview Question – Make sure you have several examples of times when you overcame some sort of challenge, and frame them in STAR format (Situation or Task, Assesment, and Result).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated and got $2,000 more than they initially offered.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Interview Details – Online application, then got an email for a 20 minute phone interview with a third party. Asked about a time I gave a presentation to a group. Then got an email with 2 links to fill out 200+ question personality tests. Passed these and was asked to fill out an official online application.

Received an email to set up a face to face interview for the next week. Met with two managers for an hour interview. Was asked 4 behavior - STAR questions. Great interview, but they called to say they wanted someone with experience specific to the industry.

Interview Question – Ethical dilemma, conflict with someone, and a time you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.
  Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Found out about job through a recruiter. Phone screen with HR, then hiring manager a week later. Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Had to fill in detailed job application online listing references, previous salaries, etc. prior to onsite. Onsite was a single one-hour panel with hiring manager and 2 other people I would potentially be working with. They read questions off a sheet and took note of my answers in 3 columns literally labeled situation, task/action, and result. Received feedback a few days later that I did not get the position. Form letter email that said they went with someone else came a few weeks after that.

Interview Question – Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Don't ignore this! The questions they asked were on print outs so I think they were all from that packet.   View Answer

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details – PDI contract, after 1 yr, hired on at AZ. Rare, but if you really push to shine, do as much or more that the AZ reps do, you will be noticed, not treated as a contract team member. You have to work to earn it!

Interview Question – Do not remember, but hired internally, so had demonstrated by abilities.Do remember it was STAR format   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, offered a salary package, take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Regional Sales Director Interview

Regional Sales Director
Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview Details – Great up front work but poor back end

Interview Question – Who do you know at....   Answer Question

Executive Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Executive Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details – a difficult process

Interview Question – name the most strategic thing you did in the past two months   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – no

Scientist Interview

Scientist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to the Scientist- DMPK position on the AstraZeneca Careers website. I was contacted by the hiring manager via email a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the questions were mostly geared toward my experiences as well as a discussion of the position. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I was contacted again about a week later to set up the interview. The interview was about 6 hours long and consisted of lunch and a presentation given by me on my research (non-proprietary information only) - I was asked to prepare a brief 10-15 presentation during my phone interview. I had been interviewing for two other positions and informed the hiring manager of the situation. I ended up receiving offers from the other two positions and informed the hiring manager immediately. I received an offer for the position at AstraZeneca the Tuesday following my interview (which was a Wednesday).

Interview Question – Paraphrased- Was there ever a situation where you encountered a colleague that was doing something that potentially impacted the outcome of results. How did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AstraZeneca

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!

AstraZeneca – Why Work for Us?

Our mission is to create a meaningful difference. In the lives of the patients we serve. And the people who work here.   We are AstraZeneca. More than 57,000 employees strong, we have a presence in over 100 countries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AstraZeneca interview questions and advice. All 179 interview reviews posted anonymously by AstraZeneca employees and interview candidates.