AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.1

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied in-person – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

This job is now contracted out to independent contractors. . They do not recruit this position directly anymore. An editorial Manager hires outside personnel. This is no longer a job that is hired directly by the company. There is nothing more to say.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses in the work environment   View Answer
    Easy negotiations. flexible schedules

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

The same day I applied I received a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I was immediately sent 2 personality tests. After the personality tests, I was sent an email with a Hiring Application. 2 days later (on a Friday) I received a call to schedule a face-to-face interview on the following Monday. Interview consisted of STAR format questions and had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive discussion.

Waiting to hear back from hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Ethical dilemma, situation in which I had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

phone interview with third party recruiter, then sent link for assessment, application. then first face to face so far. 2 district sales managers at interview, make sure you bring your resume (multiple copies) sound like most of the procedure will continue through third party recruiter

Interview Questions
    • rest assured they will probably ask you about ethical dilemma, other questions straight forward, new idea, problem, changed somebody's mind, difficult doctor. Do not expound on answer, just strictly star format, very little opportunity to sell yourself   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied online. A few days later I received an email with instruction on how to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my resume and a few behavior STAR questions. After the interview I was sent the personality tests followed by an official online application.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews than ride-a-long day with a rep. very typical process with final interview being a panel of managers. Did not interview with a regional manager but most do.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, must use STAR format...if you have examples of challenges and accomplishments ready you can fit them into most of the questions as examples   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2014.

Office interview. Hiring manager conducted interview. HR was not present. Questions were typical . Behavioral questions read directly from written documents. Interview lasted approximately 70 minutes. Interviewers were not experienced.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Online application, then got an email for a 20 minute phone interview with a third party. Asked about a time I gave a presentation to a group. Then got an email with 2 links to fill out 200+ question personality tests. Passed these and was asked to fill out an official online application.

Received an email to set up a face to face interview for the next week. Met with two managers for an hour interview. Was asked 4 behavior - STAR questions. Great interview, but they called to say they wanted someone with experience specific to the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Ethical dilemma, conflict with someone, and a time you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Found out about job through a recruiter. Phone screen with HR, then hiring manager a week later. Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Had to fill in detailed job application online listing references, previous salaries, etc. prior to onsite. Onsite was a single one-hour panel with hiring manager and 2 other people I would potentially be working with. They read questions off a sheet and took note of my answers in 3 columns literally labeled situation, task/action, and result. Received feedback a few days later that I did not get the position. Form letter email that said they went with someone else came a few weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Don't ignore this! The questions they asked were on print outs so I think they were all from that packet.   View Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

PDI contract, after 1 yr, hired on at AZ. Rare, but if you really push to shine, do as much or more that the AZ reps do, you will be noticed, not treated as a contract team member. You have to work to earn it!

Interview Questions
    • Do not remember, but hired internally, so had demonstrated by abilities.Do remember it was STAR format   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, offered a salary package, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
      2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.
        Answer Question