AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.1

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Straight forward. Online application. Phone screen asking basics. Second was the personality profile. Finally, a face to face with two DMs. I'm told some people had two face to face interviews. After that a ride along and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of an ethical dilemma you have faced at work?   Answer Question

Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2015.

Phone Interview then online question followed by F2F by hiring manager. The phone interview was more or an information gathering that is passed on to the hiring manager. The psych online eval is very tough and pretty much decides if they have you continue in the interview process. Did not like the psych eval because it is not very good in indicating if you will be a good employee or not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did a presentation and how did it go.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2015.

I applied online and was asked to schedule a telephone interview about a week later. The telephone interview lasted 17 minutes to be exact and was nothing more than a brief overview of my background and accomplishments. I was told to look for a 200 question personality assessment in the next day or so and if you pass the assessment you will be emailed a more detailed application to fill out. I made it through the entire process and wasn't even given an opportunity to interview with them face to face which was disappointing but this is how companies operate these days.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to do a presentation.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Initial interview was a phone-based interview. I explained my current role at the time and how it would fit into the posted job's roles and responsibilities. Call helped me to understand potential hiring manager's style and thoughts.

In-person Interview, onsite, was with a range of staff, at all levels of career development. They asked some questions about my experiences and these were also behavior-based. I was invited to dinner on the night before my interview. On-site interview also involved a scientific (powerpoint) presentation.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Recruiter reached out to me regarding a contract opportunity at AZ. First a phone interview, then came in for a face to face. Was given the job the next day and had to quickly get drug testing done which took a few days. It was pretty quick.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just asked about my experience as it related to the posting.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied through an employee referral. The first stages went relatively quick. The process proceeded just as every other review explains; phone interview, online assessment, etc. I was asked to schedule a face to face interview about a month or more after the phone interview. It was to take place in Utica, NY, but the assigned territory was Saratoga Springs, NY. They asked for candidates to prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation and to learn and utilize the STAR format. I was given a week to prepare. Unfortunately, the interview was postponed due to a snowstorm and I was assured that it would be rescheduled by a HR rep (I believe a third party). I contacted them the next week after I hadn't heard back. I was told it would be rescheduled after the new year. (it was mid December). The first week of the new year I was expecting an email to schedule an interview, but instead received a no-reply email saying the position had been filled. I contacted the the woman who had cancelled my interview and she informed me it was an internal candidate.

I fully understand when I don't hear back from a prospective employer after application or even an interview. I understand they wait until the end of the process to inform candidates. What I found immensely unprofessional is to be called for an interview and asked to prepare a topic for presentation and left wondering for a full month. Candidates should have been notified that the interviews would not be held. I have better things to do with my time than prepare for a non-existent interview. The entire process took almost three and a half months. I accepted another offer while waiting for the response.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation on a topic of your choice.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2015.

2 interviews. 1st was a phone interview discussing resume, then a behavioral based test via the Internet, then I was suggested to apply for the position, then my resume went to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • In 2013 when you gave a presentation, tell me who was the audience, what was the presentation about, and what was the result of that presentation?   Answer Question
    • This is a situational based question.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Hiring Managers are usually required to conduct panel interviews with a member of the HR team present. Panel members will usually share a list of questions to ask each candidate. Candidates will be expected to give detailed, different examples for each question, not only demonstrating a time when they have performed a specific task, but also HOW they achieved the outcome they have achieved. For example, "Tell me about a time where you have utilized negotiation skills successfully." They are not only interested in the outcome, but how (soft skills) you achieved the outcome. Most positions are seeking global, diverse experience demonstrating a breadth, as well as a depth of knowledge and insight.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your strengths, as well as shortcomings. Tell me about a time when you failed to achieve your goal.   Answer Question
    Salary ranges are broad, so ask for the salary you desire. Vacation and flexible work arrangements are also negotiable.

Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to do a 20-30 minute phone interview. Then online assessment, which was mostly just personality questions. My first f2f interview was with two DSM. 3-4 situational questions (star format), 10 minute persuasive conversation in any subject you wanted. Great conversation and was a natural setting. Second f2f was with my direct hiring manager and another DSM. It was similar to the first one but I needed new success stories, I prepared a new persuasive conversation and strong close.

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied in-person – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

This job is now contracted out to independent contractors. . They do not recruit this position directly anymore. An editorial Manager hires outside personnel. This is no longer a job that is hired directly by the company. There is nothing more to say.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses in the work environment   View Answer
    Easy negotiations. flexible schedules