AstraZeneca

Getting the Interview

170 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.
  Answer Question

Manager Interview

Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Found out about job through a recruiter. Phone screen with HR, then hiring manager a week later. Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Had to fill in detailed job application online listing references, previous salaries, etc. prior to onsite. Onsite was a single one-hour panel with hiring manager and 2 other people I would potentially be working with. They read questions off a sheet and took note of my answers in 3 columns literally labeled situation, task/action, and result. Received feedback a few days later that I did not get the position. Form letter email that said they went with someone else came a few weeks after that.

Interview Question – Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Don't ignore this! The questions they asked were on print outs so I think they were all from that packet.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Regional Sales Director Interview

Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview Details – Great up front work but poor back end

Interview Question – Who do you know at....   Answer Question

Executive Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details – a difficult process

Interview Question – name the most strategic thing you did in the past two months   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Scientist Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to the Scientist- DMPK position on the AstraZeneca Careers website. I was contacted by the hiring manager via email a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the questions were mostly geared toward my experiences as well as a discussion of the position. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I was contacted again about a week later to set up the interview. The interview was about 6 hours long and consisted of lunch and a presentation given by me on my research (non-proprietary information only) - I was asked to prepare a brief 10-15 presentation during my phone interview. I had been interviewing for two other positions and informed the hiring manager of the situation. I ended up receiving offers from the other two positions and informed the hiring manager immediately. I received an offer for the position at AstraZeneca the Tuesday following my interview (which was a Wednesday).

Interview Question – Paraphrased- Was there ever a situation where you encountered a colleague that was doing something that potentially impacted the outcome of results. How did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online to AZ through monster.com. Sent resume and answered their basic questions. Received a phone call two weeks later to set up a phone interview for the following week. Interview consisted of basic HR questions and a few STAR situational/behavioral questions. After phone screening there were two Hogan personality tests (each around 100 questions) and an AZ specific situational survey (this was referenced in F2F interview so remember your answers!)

F2F interview was offered two weeks after phone screening and schedule for two weeks after that. Met with two DSM's. Basic STAR questions. Also had to give a 10 min prepared persuasive argument. This interview was extremely fun and cheerful.

Received call for second F2F interview two weeks after first. Was scheduled with DSM and RSM in a coffee shop. Expected it to be laid back, but was a very difficult grill session.

Received call that a ride along would be schedule two days after interview. That ride along is with a sales rep next week. Fingers crossed!

Interview Question – Describe an ethical dilemma and how you handled it. Why should AZ hire someone without sales experience?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Question – 1. What is your expected salary?
2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
3. Questions about my resume and driving history.
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – I applied to a position through Kelly Services, and received an email from AZ asking to set up a phone interview within a week. I had a conference phone interview with multiple employees, and they asked availability for an on-site interview at the end of the phone interview. They emailed me the on-site interview information in a timely manner, and I had a panel interview two months after my phone interview. All their questions (phone and on-site) were asked directly from a pre-determined list, and they spent much of the interview writing down my responses.

Interview Question – All were STAR questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Specialty Sales Representative Interview

Specialty Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very long and detailed process. Phone screen followed by an online assessment. You must pass this personality assessment to move forward in the interview process.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how was that resolved?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details – Great initial telephone screen by a third party that works closely with AZ. Questions asked included: salary requirements, professional background summary, current location, driving record.

Interview Question – Salary question.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AstraZeneca

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!

AstraZeneca – Why Work for Us?

Our mission is to create a meaningful difference. In the lives of the patients we serve. And the people who work here.   We are AstraZeneca. More than 57,000 employees strong, we have a presence in over 100 countries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AstraZeneca interview questions and advice. All 170 interview reviews posted anonymously by AstraZeneca employees and interview candidates.