AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

3.1

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied online. A few days later I received an email with instruction on how to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my resume and a few behavior STAR questions. After the interview I was sent the personality tests followed by an official online application.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews than ride-a-long day with a rep. very typical process with final interview being a panel of managers. Did not interview with a regional manager but most do.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, must use STAR format...if you have examples of challenges and accomplishments ready you can fit them into most of the questions as examples   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2014.

Office interview. Hiring manager conducted interview. HR was not present. Questions were typical . Behavioral questions read directly from written documents. Interview lasted approximately 70 minutes. Interviewers were not experienced.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Online application, then got an email for a 20 minute phone interview with a third party. Asked about a time I gave a presentation to a group. Then got an email with 2 links to fill out 200+ question personality tests. Passed these and was asked to fill out an official online application.

Received an email to set up a face to face interview for the next week. Met with two managers for an hour interview. Was asked 4 behavior - STAR questions. Great interview, but they called to say they wanted someone with experience specific to the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Ethical dilemma, conflict with someone, and a time you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Found out about job through a recruiter. Phone screen with HR, then hiring manager a week later. Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Had to fill in detailed job application online listing references, previous salaries, etc. prior to onsite. Onsite was a single one-hour panel with hiring manager and 2 other people I would potentially be working with. They read questions off a sheet and took note of my answers in 3 columns literally labeled situation, task/action, and result. Received feedback a few days later that I did not get the position. Form letter email that said they went with someone else came a few weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Don't ignore this! The questions they asked were on print outs so I think they were all from that packet.   View Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

PDI contract, after 1 yr, hired on at AZ. Rare, but if you really push to shine, do as much or more that the AZ reps do, you will be noticed, not treated as a contract team member. You have to work to earn it!

Interview Questions
    • Do not remember, but hired internally, so had demonstrated by abilities.Do remember it was STAR format   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, offered a salary package, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
      2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.
        Answer Question

Executive Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

a difficult process

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is your expected salary?
      2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
      3. Questions about my resume and driving history.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied to a position through Kelly Services, and received an email from AZ asking to set up a phone interview within a week. I had a conference phone interview with multiple employees, and they asked availability for an on-site interview at the end of the phone interview. They emailed me the on-site interview information in a timely manner, and I had a panel interview two months after my phone interview. All their questions (phone and on-site) were asked directly from a pre-determined list, and they spent much of the interview writing down my responses.

Interview Questions
    • All were STAR questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!