AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.1

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toa Baja, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Toa Baja, PR) in August 2015.

Interview

30 minutes dedicated to know all about your proffesional background. A good way to start a screening process. Open Questions Model to make the candidate to talk about himself. They gave me an overall picture on what to expect and even gave me the opportunity to ask for more details about the position

Interview Questions

• If selected, what I was going to contribute most?   1 Answer

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dover, DE).

Interview

Face-to-Face interview. It started with me making a presentation to the hiring manger and other MSLs. Next there was an interview with HR reps finally the hiring manager again.

Interview Questions

• STAR model-type questions. Interestingly, I received a question about how to sell an item, interactions with difficult people, problem solving, etc.   1 Answer

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

1.5 hour on site interview after a 1 hour phone interview. Presentation was required which lasted about 20 mins. Met with hiring manager and 2 other MSLs. It was very casual yet professional. I thought they asked excellent questions and gave me feedback right away.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when I dealt with conflict   1 Answer

Unknown Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very organized, respectful, and timely. Everyone represented the company very well. I was inspired to work for AstraZeneca based on my interview process. AstraZeneca is well respected company with great benefits.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Hiring Manager then in-person interview with Hiring Manager and peer. Phone interview had very basic questions. Live interview questions are based on their "values" and other standard behavioral questions. They require answers in STAR format. I recently interviewed for two separate positions. Both times I felt there was something lacking in the process, and the follow-up, despite having things in writing, was non-existent. I actually got an automated email saying the position was filled the day before one interview was scheduled but was able to confirm the interview. No offers yet but no communication either way despite follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exhibited integrity. Tell me about a time you reacted to a change in the external business environment (had to change a project or business strategy).   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. If you pass the phone interview an in person interview follows. The in person interview consisted of a presentation made before the interview, case study, group exercise, and a behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know specifically about AstraZeneca's IT and global Procurement Departments?   Answer Question

Life Sciences Solutions Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position through the corporate website, was called for initial interview and met with 2 hiring managers. After this interview within a week I was notified by email and asked to fill out an employment application. Quickly after that, I was asked in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is it that makes you a good fit for this position (on the web application submission form)   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

After I filled out the application I received an email two weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter called and we spoke for about 20 minutes. We went over my résumé, education, current and previous job responsibilities. She asked about my driving record and if I had any moving violations in the last 5 years. She wanted to know my current salary and what my salary expectations were. She went over the training process and what the next steps were and at the end gave me time to ask any other questions. After that I records an email to take two assessments. If I'm chosen to move forward they'll schedule a face to face interview with the manager and go from there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're the best person for this position?   Answer Question
    • STAR question: share a recent work experience where you had to give a presentation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for around 40 minutes included going through my educational background and credentials, as well as my work throughout my Ph.D. I described what we do in our lab and described how my experience would fit the position and would help gain further insight into the pharmaceutical industry world. I also got some technical questions with regard to modeling and simulation, statistics and software use.

Interview Questions

• Education background, work experience, exposure to industry-like work, some technical questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted via email from the hiring manager's admin to schedule time for me to meet and interview with the hiring manager and also that manager's boss, the head of the department. On the day of the interview, I only got to interview one of these people, however. Something "came up" with the hiring manager. And they never explained what happened and never contacted me since. I felt dissatisfied because the interview I did have was overly focused on odd behavioral questions which could have been covered in a screening phone call (which wasn't done) and not at all focused on the job itself. I had hoped that two face to face interviews with the managers would involve more discussion of the actual work and their objectives. Maybe they already had someone in mind or knew I wasn't right for the job. I was thoroughly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your career path and highlight your biggest professional accomplishments.   Answer Question
    • Describe an ethical dilemma that you faced at work where there was no clear right or wrong answer, and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you had to make a last minute change in plans with a project and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question