AstraZeneca

169 candidate interviews

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative
Hattiesburg, MS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2008.

Interview Details – I was first told a contact person in which to call and set an appointment for a phone interview in which 10 people are selected from a high number of original candidates. I was then called to set up a face to face interview at which point I was given a choice of two time slots to choose from which were both on the same day. This was tough considering my current responsibilities with my then current job. I did not get the job due to my lack of preperation which was partly my fault and partly the fault of the sudden nature of the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your strongest weakness?   View Answer
  • What is your idea of a typical day on the job as a pharm rep?   View Answer

Graduate Intern - LIFT Interview

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was just regular questions: why do you want to work here, etc. Second interview was an hour of behavioral questions and they wanted it to be answered in the STAR format

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Waltham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral question type interview, Greatest strength, greatest weakness etc,

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you did not meet your immediate managers expectations.   Answer Question

Global Medical Affairs Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Behavioral based interviews - the STAR (situation, task, action, result) based upon leadership criteria.

Interview Question – Describe a time when someone working for you did not perform well -- what did you do.   Answer Question

LIFT Intern (Undergraduate) Interview

Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2013.

Interview Details – I met with two members of the LIFT program's hiring managers (financial analysts) at my university's spring career fair. I was very interested in AZ, and spent a solid ten minutes or so carrying on 1-on-2 with them. I STUPIDLY forgot to ask for either of their business cards; however, I did leave a copy of my resume with them.

After I left the career fair, I reviewed the companies that I had spoken with, and relived that I had forgotten to grab their business cards. I figured my chances were extremely slim, as follow-ups have always served me well - but two weeks later I received an email from one of the analysts I had met, asking if I would be interested in setting up an interview. Needless to say, I said yes.

Following that, they connected me with a finance HR rep who ultimately was the one that scheduled the date/time of my interview. The HR rep also gave me directions as to which building the interview would be at (the AZ campus is very large - six buildings or so.)

Anyways, the AZ campus is very very nice, and I was instantly impressed by the architecture and professionalism of everybody who works there. The company culture is business casual; but, they EXPECT you to come dressed in full professional attire for the interview.

In terms of the interview itself, it consisted of a panel of all three LIFT managers. This was my first interview with a panel greater than two, so I was a bit taken back; however, they were very friendly - quickly calming my nerves. They remembered me from the career fair, and we had a brief (30s - 1m) casual conversation before the actual interview began.

They will ask you for a high level (very general) overview of your work experience on your resume, followed by many behavioral based questions - expected to be answered in the STAR format. If you are not familiar with STAR format interviews, you MUST Google them. ALL AstraZeneca interviews are done in this format. Anyways, after the STAR questions, they asked me about my Excel skills (vlookups/hlookups, pivottables, etc.,) and if I had any experience with SAP and/or Hyperion. To be honest, I had no experience with either, and I told them that. I also did not know vlookups/hlookups or pivottables, and I told them that as well. I told them that while I had no experience, I wanted to learn, and was a quick learner.

To close the interview, they asked me if I had any questions - which of course I did. I highly suggest that you come up with a list of at least five, genuine questions - they appreciate them. Just make sure that they are not bogus questions (just being asked to say that you asked some questions.)

Anyways, I was contacted about 2-3 weeks later with an offer (non-negotiable.)

Interview Question – I don't remember many specific interview questions; however, I do remember that 80% or so were behavior based, and expected to be answered in the STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is tiered by schooling year; ie. freshman < sophomores < juniors < seniors < MBAs.

I was entering my senior year, and was offered earned $18.25/hr. (as with all other rising seniors.)

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – They asked 4 questions and requested the answers be STAR format.

Interview Question – The business ethics questions.   Answer Question

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Clinical Project Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Hiring process seems to take a very long time with complex, interactions between HR which is basically outsourced and the "hiring manager". I am not sure AZ is really hiring employees these days. Seems to contract with Kelly, Yo, etc. Management teams are in flux many are leaving the organization in the near future. Strange hiring environment.

Interview Question – AstraZeneca lives by the STAR interview format. Managers seem to think there is "correct" answer to a given question. Suggest that you prepare in advance and provide answers according without saying too much.   Answer Question

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

Post Doctoral Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Phone interview- academic style, general chat about project.
In person interview - 30 min presentation, technical interview, leadership capability interview

Interview Question – Describe a time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – another job offer

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2009.

Interview Details – Group interviews following the STAR methodology.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation was available other than some consideration for relocation.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist
Beirut (Lebanon)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, sales manager, country manager, area manager
presentation on the selected line
test in selling skills
personality tests

Interview Question – a lot of business cases and fictive scenarios to analyze the decision making logic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was solid predetermined salary package.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AstraZeneca

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!

AstraZeneca – Why Work for Us?

Our mission is to create a meaningful difference. In the lives of the patients we serve. And the people who work here.   We are AstraZeneca. More than 57,000 employees strong, we have a presence in over 100 countries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AstraZeneca interview questions and advice. All 169 interview reviews posted anonymously by AstraZeneca employees and interview candidates.