AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.1

Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to do a 20-30 minute phone interview. Then online assessment, which was mostly just personality questions. My first f2f interview was with two DSM. 3-4 situational questions (star format), 10 minute persuasive conversation in any subject you wanted. Great conversation and was a natural setting. Second f2f was with my direct hiring manager and another DSM. It was similar to the first one but I needed new success stories, I prepared a new persuasive conversation and strong close.

IS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

The first round interview was a 30-minute phone call from two interviewers and consisted of standard-fare behavioral questions.
    The second round was 2 months later at an office visit in Wilmington and was about 1.5 hours of behavioral questions with 3 interviewers at once. This was tedious. STAR-format questions can leave you dry if you don't like to completely fabricate your life story.
    The whole process was so slow.

Principal Pharmacoviligence Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2014.

Applied online got immediate acknowledgement of application. Didn't hear back for 4 months, then was called and asked to interview for the job I applied for and also another related position. Interview scheduled 3 weeks later and was conducted via teleconference from England and Sweden. Interview lasted about 3 hours and followed STAR format. Three weeks post interview and have not received followup request for information or disposition of status.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to decide which position I prefer although details of each were somewhat sketchy for one of the open positions which was a newly created role.   View Answer

Process Chemist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied online through there careers website and got an email saying I've been short listed for a phone interview.
    The interview was for a duration of 30 mins. Questions include my interest in the position, skills and my achievements.

Interview Questions
    • What was my thought on animal testing and embryonic stem cell testing.   Answer Question

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied in-person – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

This job is now contracted out to independent contractors. . They do not recruit this position directly anymore. An editorial Manager hires outside personnel. This is no longer a job that is hired directly by the company. There is nothing more to say.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses in the work environment   View Answer
    Easy negotiations. flexible schedules

Public Policy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, South West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, South West England, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone interview, called for second interview in person. Had to write a short paper for in person interview to present and discuss. Had to answer questions as per usual using STAR.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

phone interview with third party recruiter, then sent link for assessment, application. then first face to face so far. 2 district sales managers at interview, make sure you bring your resume (multiple copies) sound like most of the procedure will continue through third party recruiter

Interview Questions
    • rest assured they will probably ask you about ethical dilemma, other questions straight forward, new idea, problem, changed somebody's mind, difficult doctor. Do not expound on answer, just strictly star format, very little opportunity to sell yourself   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

The same day I applied I received a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I was immediately sent 2 personality tests. After the personality tests, I was sent an email with a Hiring Application. 2 days later (on a Friday) I received a call to schedule a face-to-face interview on the following Monday. Interview consisted of STAR format questions and had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive discussion.

Waiting to hear back from hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Ethical dilemma, situation in which I had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

After applying, got called for interview near Bristol. Interviewed by 2 interviewers. They explained the process before starting the interview. Competency based questions like "tell me a time when...". Had some technical questions where I was given a P&ID diagram and asked to explain each part and its function.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you were faced with a problem and how you turned it around   Answer Question

Medical Information Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca in August 2010.

Interviewing was a good experience, presentation was required, hiring was fast, overall, people were pleasant. The group was friendly and hiring was quick. Questions were not that difficult during interview process or presentation.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be.   Answer Question