AstraZeneca

182 candidate interviews

Clinical Development Menager Interview

Clinical Development Menager
Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2014.

Interview Details – II interviews, the process was very long, no final answer, the second interview 3 person from AstraZeneca II managers, I person from HR department, common questions why would you like to change the job?, describe your day in the office?

Interview Question – SHL tests   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Loughborough, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in July 2010.

Interview Details – Generally a 2 stage interview. For this type of position the interview will be largely technically based. If the job states experience you will need to fully technically conversant in relation to the job you are applying for. Usually one team leader will interview for around an hour. They will show you round. Good to ask questions (intelligent ones). Friendly but professional approach. Usually AZ people are very personable but very capable. Depends on site but it could be like 'ikea' with nice grounds and all the mod cons. Good feel.
Second interview will be more of a grilling. Probably 3 separate interviews, mainly technical. They will give you scenarios - so be clued up on the company and what they specifically do at that site in that job role. Also a presentation will be required to a reasonable number of people. They will have specified what it's on (or choice) beforehand.

Interview Question – What would you do to develop an analytical method for a drug compound with 3 different pKa's?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a generous package, 60% more than my previous job so it was a no brainer.

Senior, Director Interview

Senior, Director
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2010.

Interview Details – interview process took a long time, multiple days with many different departments. Very thorough process. Background checks, references and situational questions. Only frustration was the length of time it took to get to an offer. I would suggest being very prepared with good examples of results generated in past jobs. Be ready also for very long days of interviewing.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time in which you made a poor decision. What did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy, straight forward, transparent

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 5 people. Starting with the lowest in rank and ending with the highest, a senior VP. Questions were fairly straightforward, no tricks or anything. Everyone was very kind and courteous.

Interview Question – "Case style" question asking what I would do in a certain situation when a doctor was being particularly difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – To accept a position at a different company

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Senior Finance Manager

The process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one face to face interview with 2 people next to me and 1person in video joining from a different location. I was dissappointed in company process as I did not even get an automated email saying that they went ahead with another candidate. This tells me something about the company.

Interview Question – They gave a business case and wanted me to present. Study their past acquisitions and licensing agreements as the business case was a real past deal.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2014.

Interview Details – two phone interview, went pretty well, first one took an hour very good discussion with the hiring manager about what the work is about and my experience and project that i have done

Interview Question – nothing unexpected just what i have done and question about the CV   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews than ride-a-long day with a rep. very typical process with final interview being a panel of managers. Did not interview with a regional manager but most do.

Interview Question – All behavior based questions, must use STAR format...if you have examples of challenges and accomplishments ready you can fit them into most of the questions as examples   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2012.

Interview Details – Will require at least two interviews in addition to a phone screening and a personality test. Remember that they are looking for a sales person-- you have to directly ask for the job on the phone interview (close!).

Interview Question – Make sure you have several examples of times when you overcame some sort of challenge, and frame them in STAR format (Situation or Task, Assesment, and Result).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated and got $2,000 more than they initially offered.

Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Regulatory Affairs Associate
Alderley Park, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had submitted my CV for a specific role, online application, then got an email (after 2 weeks) for an interview at Alderley Park. STAR interview questions. Was asked 4 behaviour - STAR questions. Great interview, great company's introduction at the beginning, really enjoyed the process.

Interview Question – Asked about a time I gave a presentation to a group   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Postdoctoral
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to an open position. I received an appointment for an online video conference 5 days after I summited my application. The interview will take place next week. Wish me luck

Interview Question – . Don´t know yet.   Answer Question

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!