AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.1

Microbiologist Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

Discussion with recruitment agent to introduce the role followed by a more traditional selections interview on site. The questions were fairly standard and and with good preparation you should be able to answer these pretty easily.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AstraZeneca (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in June 2015.

Interview

Mainly about whole pharmaceutical companies experience, achievements and relationship. The most curiosity area is about why I "give up" Astrazeneca (june-2015). Beside this, I have a huge experience (18 years), sales representative (two years), field force sales manager (two years), training manager (nine years) and brand manager (five years).

Interview Questions

• Tell about your main responsibilities and achievements as a Brand Manager.   1 Answer

Global Market Access Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paddington, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at AstraZeneca (Paddington, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

I was an internal applicant, my line manger had to agree and support my application, there was a on line application which requested line manger approval, then Telephone discussion between my manager and hiring manager. I then had a face to face interview based on leadership capabilities, then a case study based on pricing a product.

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

1.5 hour on site interview after a 1 hour phone interview. Presentation was required which lasted about 20 mins. Met with hiring manager and 2 other MSLs. It was very casual yet professional. I thought they asked excellent questions and gave me feedback right away.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when I dealt with conflict   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in May 2011.

Interview

challenging but interesting. STAR your answers and be prepared for situation-based questions. if interested they make up their minds quickly and move fast on hiring you. interviewers come prepared with a form of pre-determined questions and take turns asking you. google STAR interview questions for a list of questions you may be asked.

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Dover, DE).

Interview

Face-to-Face interview. It started with me making a presentation to the hiring manger and other MSLs. Next there was an interview with HR reps finally the hiring manager again.

Interview Questions

• STAR model-type questions. Interestingly, I received a question about how to sell an item, interactions with difficult people, problem solving, etc.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Hiring Manager then in-person interview with Hiring Manager and peer. Phone interview had very basic questions. Live interview questions are based on their "values" and other standard behavioral questions. They require answers in STAR format. I recently interviewed for two separate positions. Both times I felt there was something lacking in the process, and the follow-up, despite having things in writing, was non-existent. I actually got an automated email saying the position was filled the day before one interview was scheduled but was able to confirm the interview. No offers yet but no communication either way despite follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exhibited integrity. Tell me about a time you reacted to a change in the external business environment (had to change a project or business strategy).   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Chennai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

It took 4 months for end to end processing, with 10' of follow up. Between every interview there will be silence for over a month. then suddenly they will wake up. Dont depend only on this, keep multiple option open, use this offer as bargain chip outside.

Interview Questions

• Those where simple as they dont have proper panel to interview   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. If you pass the phone interview an in person interview follows. The in person interview consisted of a presentation made before the interview, case study, group exercise, and a behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know specifically about AstraZeneca's IT and global Procurement Departments?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Got a call from an outsourced recruiter and went through all the standard questions. Next step was the assessment center in Gothenburg. There was a presentation, interview and two group exercises. At first we needed to solve a puzzle together and the next one was a meeting simulation were we had to convince each other to choose a certain technological solution over the other. All in all it was relatively relaxed day but the atmosphere was kinda stiff and boring.

Interview Questions

• Describe a new innovative technology you read about lately. Tell us about a time you achieved the impossible. Did you ever had to make a hard ethical choice.   Answer Question