AstraZeneca

179 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist Interview

Scientist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to the Scientist- DMPK position on the AstraZeneca Careers website. I was contacted by the hiring manager via email a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the questions were mostly geared toward my experiences as well as a discussion of the position. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I was contacted again about a week later to set up the interview. The interview was about 6 hours long and consisted of lunch and a presentation given by me on my research (non-proprietary information only) - I was asked to prepare a brief 10-15 presentation during my phone interview. I had been interviewing for two other positions and informed the hiring manager of the situation. I ended up receiving offers from the other two positions and informed the hiring manager immediately. I received an offer for the position at AstraZeneca the Tuesday following my interview (which was a Wednesday).

Interview Question – Paraphrased- Was there ever a situation where you encountered a colleague that was doing something that potentially impacted the outcome of results. How did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Question – 1. What is your expected salary?
2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
3. Questions about my resume and driving history.
  Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online to AZ through monster.com. Sent resume and answered their basic questions. Received a phone call two weeks later to set up a phone interview for the following week. Interview consisted of basic HR questions and a few STAR situational/behavioral questions. After phone screening there were two Hogan personality tests (each around 100 questions) and an AZ specific situational survey (this was referenced in F2F interview so remember your answers!)

F2F interview was offered two weeks after phone screening and schedule for two weeks after that. Met with two DSM's. Basic STAR questions. Also had to give a 10 min prepared persuasive argument. This interview was extremely fun and cheerful.

Received call for second F2F interview two weeks after first. Was scheduled with DSM and RSM in a coffee shop. Expected it to be laid back, but was a very difficult grill session.

Received call that a ride along would be schedule two days after interview. That ride along is with a sales rep next week. Fingers crossed!

Interview Question – Describe an ethical dilemma and how you handled it. Why should AZ hire someone without sales experience?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – I applied to a position through Kelly Services, and received an email from AZ asking to set up a phone interview within a week. I had a conference phone interview with multiple employees, and they asked availability for an on-site interview at the end of the phone interview. They emailed me the on-site interview information in a timely manner, and I had a panel interview two months after my phone interview. All their questions (phone and on-site) were asked directly from a pre-determined list, and they spent much of the interview writing down my responses.

Interview Question – All were STAR questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2014.

Interview Details – 30 min phone interview asked about when the last time I spoke in a group setting and what the outcome was, the last time I had to overcome an objection and so on. Asked If I was hired if training in Delaware was a problem. Took Briggs Meyer type survey after interview.

Interview Question – How I would gain access to a physicians office   Answer Question

Specialty Sales Representative Interview

Specialty Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very long and detailed process. Phone screen followed by an online assessment. You must pass this personality assessment to move forward in the interview process.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how was that resolved?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details – Great initial telephone screen by a third party that works closely with AZ. Questions asked included: salary requirements, professional background summary, current location, driving record.

Interview Question – Salary question.   View Answer

Senior Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

Senior Diabetes Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Phone screen first interview to see if you fit qualifications, then face to face with District Sales Manager (Direct Manager), Brag Book & Past Experience in Disease State.

Interview Questions

• During your pharmaceutical medical sales career have you ever been asked to leave an office by the health care provider & why?   Answer Question
  • If a health care provider asked you to speak with a counterpart about how they have acted in his/her office, how would you handle that situation if meant that the counterpart woudl or would not be allowed back into that office?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – very professional and a quick process

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – requirements and salary were not compatable

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Took over a month, advances to F2F. Invited for ride along, got a rejection email a month later

Interview Question – Can you describe a situation where you needed to do more then your fair share?   Answer Question