Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at AstraZeneca
- Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (26)
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (25)
- Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist (21)
- Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (15)
- Sales Representative (14)
- Intern (4)
- Scientist (4)
- Regional Sales Specialist (4)
- Pharmaceutical Sales (3)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Medical Science Liaison (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Director (2)
- Sales (2)
- Senior Scientist (2)
- Senior Director (2)
- PSS (2)
- Medical Director (2)
- Assistant Research Scientist (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Medical Representative (2)
- Medical Sales Representative (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- Post Doctoral Scientist (2)
- Postdoctoral (2)
- Data Scientist (1)
- SOA Engineer (1)
- Manager Quantitative Insights (1)
- Public Policy Specialist (1)
- Drug Information (1)
Helpful (3)No OfferEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.
2 interviews. 1st was a phone interview discussing resume, then a behavioral based test via the Internet, then I was suggested to apply for the position, then my resume went to the hiring manager.
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
Hiring Managers are usually required to conduct panel interviews with a member of the HR team present. Panel members will usually share a list of questions to ask each candidate. Candidates will be expected to give detailed, different examples for each question, not only demonstrating a time when they have performed a specific task, but also HOW they achieved the outcome they have achieved. For example, "Tell me about a time where you have utilized negotiation skills successfully." They are not only interested in the outcome, but how (soft skills) you achieved the outcome. Most positions are seeking global, diverse experience demonstrating a breadth, as well as a depth of knowledge and insight.
- Describe your strengths, as well as shortcomings. Tell me about a time when you failed to achieve your goal. Answer Question
Salary ranges are broad, so ask for the salary you desire. Vacation and flexible work arrangements are also negotiable.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2014.
I worked through a recruiter for everything from resume screening, interview tips, job application and selection, the negotiation process and the onboarding hand-off. This experience was great. There were at least 10 interviews held by that agency for the same position that day. I was notified immediately about the company's interests and extended an invitation to persue the next step in the process the following day. I think quick responses and face to face contact was a great way to learn and get a feel for the company.
- How do you like and handle changes? 1 Answer
Be preparred and educated about the role and industry comparables for job requirements, education requirements, benefits offered and competitive salaries. Recruiters are good to work with, but don't always help negotiating salary.
Helpful (4)No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.
I was initially contacted by a recruiter to do a 20-30 minute phone interview. Then online assessment, which was mostly just personality questions. My first f2f interview was with two DSM. 3-4 situational questions (star format), 10 minute persuasive conversation in any subject you wanted. Great conversation and was a natural setting. Second f2f was with my direct hiring manager and another DSM. It was similar to the first one but I needed new success stories, I prepared a new persuasive conversation and strong close.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE).
This job is now contracted out to independent contractors. . They do not recruit this position directly anymore. An editorial Manager hires outside personnel. This is no longer a job that is hired directly by the company. There is nothing more to say.
- What are your weaknesses in the work environment 1 Answer
Easy negotiations. flexible schedules
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.
The same day I applied I received a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I was immediately sent 2 personality tests. After the personality tests, I was sent an email with a Hiring Application. 2 days later (on a Friday) I received a call to schedule a face-to-face interview on the following Monday. Interview consisted of STAR format questions and had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive discussion. Waiting to hear back from hiring manager.
- Ethical dilemma, situation in which I had to persuade someone. Answer Question
- No Offer
phone interview with third party recruiter, then sent link for assessment, application. then first face to face so far. 2 district sales managers at interview, make sure you bring your resume (multiple copies) sound like most of the procedure will continue through third party recruiter
- rest assured they will probably ask you about ethical dilemma, other questions straight forward, new idea, problem, changed somebody's mind, difficult doctor. Do not expound on answer, just strictly star format, very little opportunity to sell yourself Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2014.
Applied online got immediate acknowledgement of application. Didn't hear back for 4 months, then was called and asked to interview for the job I applied for and also another related position. Interview scheduled 3 weeks later and was conducted via teleconference from England and Sweden. Interview lasted about 3 hours and followed STAR format. Three weeks post interview and have not received followup request for information or disposition of status.
- Asked to decide which position I prefer although details of each were somewhat sketchy for one of the open positions which was a newly created role. 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral Experience
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.
I applied online. A few days later I received an email with instruction on how to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my resume and a few behavior STAR questions. After the interview I was sent the personality tests followed by an official online application.
- Describe a recent Presentation. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Charlotte, NC).
I was contacted by hiring manager for a phone screening; He called back 3 days later for an interview; 1week contact for 2nd phase interview and ride along; job offer and salary negotiation; drug screening; offer packet.
- Tell me a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved matters. Answer Question
I was able to negotiate my salary upwards by $5000. Negotiate you skills to the fullest benefit of the position.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What AstraZeneca Employees Are Saying
Pros: “Solid company with good financials, so the company as a whole will continue to prosper over the long term. Lots of opportunity for employees who display enthusiasm.”“Solid company with good financials, so the company as a whole will continue to prosper over the long term. Lots of opportunity for employees who display enthusiasm.” – Full Review