AstraZeneca

179 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Scientist Interview

Medical Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring Manager contacted for phone interview, followed by on-site interview few weeks later. Smooth process and great people, but did not get offer (as expected) because the role called for more clinical background than basic science! Yet a rewarding experience and the plus side is I made lot of good connections.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary!   Answer Question

Contract Coordinator Interview

Contract Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AstraZeneca in November 2011.

Interview Details – An out-sourced employment coordinator contacted me to schedule an interview. After meeting with him, the next phase of the process was a panel interview where four managers interviewed me. Two of the managers asked behavioral questions, based on past experiences. The other two managers appeared to be inexperienced at interviewing and had no follow-up questions. The managers appeared to disagree as to the next steps, the qualifications of the individuals they were searching for, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you didn't have the information necessary to do your job. How did you go about getting it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have similar experience, ask about additional vacation policy; inquire about hiring bonus. Otherwise, nothing unusual.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Successful phone screen. Passed the Hogan Assessment. Now onto the F2F next week. So far all has been very organized professional process.

Interview Question – Have only done personality assessment perhaps twice in my working career. Never upon applying for position.   View Answer

Communications Director Interview

Communications Director

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – very scripted interview, with selected behavioral questions

Interview Question – what was a situation where you did not have an expected outcome and how did you overcome disappointment   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – Referred by an educator who had worked with the company on a product launch. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and we did a phone interview a few days later. It was a résumé overview and a couple of behavioral based questions. I was then scheduled for a face to face with the hiring manager, who was exceptionally warm yet very professional. She was interviewing more candidates this week (my interview was last week) and said she would let me know about the second interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – Shortest interview ever, 3 questions. Took about 3 weeks between the agency and AZ.

Interview Question – Go over your resume, availability, what would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need for negotiation, was given what I requested.

Very Difficult Interview

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Clinical Project Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Hiring process seems to take a very long time with complex, interactions between HR which is basically outsourced and the "hiring manager". I am not sure AZ is really hiring employees these days. Seems to contract with Kelly, Yo, etc. Management teams are in flux many are leaving the organization in the near future. Strange hiring environment.

Interview Question – AstraZeneca lives by the STAR interview format. Managers seem to think there is "correct" answer to a given question. Suggest that you prepare in advance and provide answers according without saying too much.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about three months. Submitted resume on line and about 6 weeks later received email to book a phone interview. After phone interview, moved on to personality test. I have face to face interview scheduled this week.

Interview Question – Preparing for interview now.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Interviewed first with someone over the phone , passed that interview ..Took an online assessment which I passed, then interviewed face to face two weeks later with hiring managers.

Interview Question – STAR behavioral questions were used.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted separate resumes online for three openings in my general region. Within a week, two were rejected but the submission to the posting closet to me was accepted. The email response presented available days/times for a telephone interview. I chose an appointment for the following day and found the person conducting the interview to be pleasant, professional, engaging and informative. The phone interview consisted of reviewing my resume and clarification of employment experiences. Having passed the phone interview, I was told to expect an email containing a link to two assessment tests. They arrived immediately and shortly thereafter I completed them then submitted them. That was all today, so obviously I haven't heard if I'm selected to proceed. But thus far, the experience has been fair, expected, and efficient.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary....certainly no "trick" questions. All very professional.   Answer Question