AstraZeneca Interview Questions

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
      2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.

Answer Question

Executive Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

a difficult process

IS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

The first round interview was a 30-minute phone call from two interviewers and consisted of standard-fare behavioral questions.
    The second round was 2 months later at an office visit in Wilmington and was about 1.5 hours of behavioral questions with 3 interviewers at once. This was tedious. STAR-format questions can leave you dry if you don't like to completely fabricate your life story.
    The whole process was so slow.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is your expected salary?
      2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
      3. Questions about my resume and driving history.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied to a position through Kelly Services, and received an email from AZ asking to set up a phone interview within a week. I had a conference phone interview with multiple employees, and they asked availability for an on-site interview at the end of the phone interview. They emailed me the on-site interview information in a timely manner, and I had a panel interview two months after my phone interview. All their questions (phone and on-site) were asked directly from a pre-determined list, and they spent much of the interview writing down my responses.

Interview Questions
    • All were STAR questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2014.

two phone interview, went pretty well, first one took an hour very good discussion with the hiring manager about what the work is about and my experience and project that i have done

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected just what i have done and question about the CV   Answer Question
    didn't negotiate

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Great initial telephone screen by a third party that works closely with AZ. Questions asked included: salary requirements, professional background summary, current location, driving record.

Senior Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone screen first interview to see if you fit qualifications, then face to face with District Sales Manager (Direct Manager), Brag Book & Past Experience in Disease State.

Interview Questions
    • During your pharmaceutical medical sales career have you ever been asked to leave an office by the health care provider & why?   Answer Question
    • If a health care provider asked you to speak with a counterpart about how they have acted in his/her office, how would you handle that situation if meant that the counterpart woudl or would not be allowed back into that office?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

very professional and a quick process

Interview Questions

requirements and salary were not compatable

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Took over a month, advances to F2F. Invited for ride along, got a rejection email a month later

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a situation where you needed to do more then your fair share?   Answer Question